Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Drakensang Online is pretty okay for browser, a lot of grinding, though.

im playing zenonia 2, already finished the first one, then im going for 3 and 4, theyre awesome for mobile games, but theyre grindfests

Right now I am not playing anything on my mobile, but I am playing online bingo games on my computer at http://onlinebingo3.co.uk. It is something that makes me feel excited.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I actually just finished Another World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    It only took me about 20 years. I loved the idea of it as a kid (on PC) but without the benefit of online walkthroughs I never got very far.
    Android version (with slightly dodgy controls and very annoying achievements that crash the game if you aren't online at the time) and online walkthroughs have finally allowed me to finish it.
    (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

It's amazing how such an irritating flawed game can still be awesome.. there's just something magical about the style.

Not hugely recommended for those without an interest in nostalgia though.

Plants vs. Zombies 2, which is finally on android. It's about time, too.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Has EA f2ping it up had a significant impact on the gameplay Maknol?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Punch Quest whenever I have an idle stretch on public transport. I just had my first gnome ascendance.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Punch Quest is pure joy. :)

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Has EA f2ping it up had a significant impact on the gameplay Maknol?
    It's a little early to tell, I'm still on the 6th stage. But so far it looks like it's mostly "pay as a shortcut or play normally and unlock these things along the story".

I don't know if there's any plants or stages that can only be bought with money, though.

Well, sorry for reviving the thread with a double-post, but I've just found an excellent article explaining every detail about the F2P model used in Plants vs Zombies 2:

http://toucharcade.com/2013/08/19/pl...mbies-2-guide/

I've been almost addicted to the game the whole week, and I can testify that the F2P model is VERY well implemented. It doesn't feel intrusive or required in any way, and the challenge level without spending a dime on it is just right. The in-app purchases are really optional, best reserved for people who don't have a lot of experience or want to have a little "shortcut" to make their lives easier.

The game is really great. It's much better than the first one in almost every aspect. There are new plants, new zombie types, new stage types and my favorite bit: after you beat all stages of a world the regular way, you can return to any of them and complete optional challenges to earn stars and continue progressing. These challenges are VERY fun, making you change your playstyle to work within different objectives or rules. It's almost a puzzle as you figure out the best plants and strategy to use for each stage.

Best mobile game of the year, no doubt.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've been trying out quite a few humble bundle android games, and almost without exception they are ruined by crappy controls.
    Spacechem - needs a huge screen for tiny unintuitive controls
    Nightsky - has 3 sets on controls, none of which seem to work well in all situations, so I keep having to change control schemes for each puzzle.
    Stealth Bastard - this seems like a cool game, but tiny buttons and a weird implementation of a left/right digital pad make it very fiddly.
    and there were several others too. (the touch controls for Another World were also terrible, but the onscreen d-pad ones were mostly ok).

I'm starting to think that games from other platforms ported to android might be a bad idea... maybe I should try native android games.

Activated Node
    On my mobile I am playing:Plants Vs Zombies 2: Not sure if I like this more than the 1st or not. It definately adds more of a challange, but the magic of the 1st seems to have been lost.Pixel People: Daily build your town grind fest, but with a little twist that I enjoy and keeps dragging me.Pocket Mine: Tap to go down as deep as you can to find treasures! Dunno why I play this, but I'm hooked on trying to get more treasures!Road Trip 2: Played this because I had unlocked cars through playing Pocket Mine. Saw a friend was playing, so kept playing until I thrashed his score. Just waiting for my score to be topped now. How do you add blank lines in to your posts? :(

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Had to reset my phone (grrr) but this means I get to go through Kingdom Rush again and finally play its sequel!

Activated Node
    Yesssss!Tiny Tower has been upgraded and repackaged as....TINY DEATH STAR!!!Build the Death Star with Residence and Stores to fund the Empire's war against those pesky Rebels!It is genius!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Dear Lord was Tiny Tower ever a steaming pile of - no, that's not quite right: it wasn't bad so much as staggeringly, cripplingly boring. I never figured out how so many people could be won over by it - I mean, I know millions of gamers love ostensibly pointless busywork but the thing is Tiny Tower wasn't even very good at that. No fine detail, nothing going on, no charm or any kind of spark to the visuals, just long lines of stupid little potato-headed people wandering back and forth past static backdrops that all look exactly the damn same while they gawp like goldfish. Horrible, horrible game. Nimblebit whined about being cloned, but the thing was the clones were usually much, much better - even a soulless, money-grubbing studio like Glu Mobile turned out Li'l Kingdom, and that was a wild improvement over Tiny Tower in every respect. I wouldn't want to play Tiny Death Star if I was being paid to do it.

Ahem. On a slightly more positive note, I tried out the iOS version of Final Fantasy Theatrhythm, and... huh. Weird game, this. Horribly crippled and monetised over the regular handheld edition for no good reason, and yet the core engine is still a hell of a lot of fun, enough for even me to pick up a bunch of DLC tunes (though given I can't stand most of Uematsu's work on the series, there's no way I'd be spending that much on it anyway). It feels like an empty, forcibly gutted game, and yet nailing a battle theme on Expert difficulty is still absolutely thrilling, even if you know you're making very little real progression - you're not "going" anywhere in game. Strange; I don't think I've liked and at the same time disliked a game as much as this in a while.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I never played Tiny Tower but I rather like Tiny Death Star. Its got just enough in it for me to like it. I pop in every couple of hours, press a few buttons, listen to some great jazz elevator ditties of Star Wars music and pop out. :) I do believe it has more to it than Tiny Tower. Namely, underground levels and VIP citizens who have a special effect on the various floors.

Kingdom Rush: Frontiers is all sorts of amazing. Ironhide have managed to better the excellent first game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Played PvsZ2, payments done right (can be ignored) but oh my the gestures! If your device isn't buttery smooth your device isn't a decent size and suitability powerful they are unworkable.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Puzzle and Dragons

Installed it just to see what all the fuss was about - what a mistake. Now I'm addicted to match 3 pokemonz from hell...halp!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm looking for some free, online co-op games that I can play with my 2-4 non-gamer friends. Something like online Poker, Sweep, Pool/Snooker, EpicMafia, it doesn't need to bean online version of a traditional game, just something that isn't too demanding on computer hardware, skills or the time required to set it up.

Obscure Node
    Just finished watching this video sent to me by a friend.