Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar

[VS&NC] Blue VS Purple, The PTS showdown

Dear Purple and Blue,

Long has the discussion been going, who would win? Giraffe or Traitor? Purple or Blue? After talking with Dewi we came to the conclusion that we finally should set up a time, place and date to find out. Hereby I wish to announce the first "attempt" to organize:

RPS VS RTRS, The PTS Showdown

Date: TBA
    Time: TBA
    Place: PTS (Continent: TBA)

The idea is to hold a type of match between RPS and RTRS where the playing field is equal. Everyone has roughly the same amount of certs, so we can claim the price in the end. Who is the hunter and who is the hunted?

But a fight like on the normal servers is just a little boring. Lets spice it up a little bit. We all enjoy a good story, so here are two options to fight over.

- Rescue the Hostage

2 medics have been taken hostage by the opposing side and need to be rescued. Are you up for the task to free your comrades in arms?

24 VS 24: Both sides exchange medics, so we both try to rescue and defend.
    12 VS 12: One side attacks, one side defends. 30 min timer, fasted rescue wins.

- Kill the VIP

The PL's on both side switch to a TR max suit and are the target to be killed. Are you able to kill the opposing PL before your PL dies? Keeping a person alive? That's something new, so let's see who can adapt the fastest.

24 VS 24: Both sides take a TR max as PL
    12 VS 12: One sides defends, one side attacks. 30 min, fastest kill wins.

- Other idea

You got a story to tell? Bring your best and it might see the light of day on the PTS as a match.

May the best man, woman or giraffe win!

P.S. I wish to propose a meet-up at some point between a few officers from both outfits to set a date, time, place and rules. I will not post the details about the event itself here to avoid any party crashers. So please, if you know the time, date and place then do not post it here. Thank you.

This could be fun guys, let's all get in on this. Whilst we may fight on different sides both RTRS and RPS are part of the same community.

Dom has thrown down the gauntlet, lets pick it up and hit him over the face with it. Since us VS have a meeting on Wednesday it would be worth throwing this out there and see what people think.

I for one would love to fight these guys toe to toe for a change!

Hmm, interesting. I do believe one is "up for this" as my butler tells me the hoi polloi say these days.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Sure, sounds good. I may join the rebel ranks for a bit too. Is there an animal inspired camo theme that I should be aware of?
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    We use tatters of giraffe pelt to decorate our cardboard.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Bring it on!

Dewi, did you mention something about a battle island?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    We use tatters of giraffe pelt to decorate our cardboard.
    Meep! I have a little giraffe friend who sits on my desk. I may only be able to join the Traitors when he's asleep!
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

I'm up for this, but how are you going to handle the balance? I mean, RPS is bigger than RTRS, but it would be fair to do equal numbers. This might lead to calling a "we're full, folks" for RPS people. Is that the plan, or do you have some other mechanism to handle unequal pop?

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    I'm up for this, but how are you going to handle the balance? I mean, RPS is bigger than RTRS, but it would be fair to do equal numbers. This might lead to calling a "we're full, folks" for RPS people. Is that the plan, or do you have some other mechanism to handle unequal pop?
    RPS and RTRS with regular numbers are not too different at the moment. In any case it would be PTS, all be on an even playing field and Im sure if one side is larger a few people wouldnt mind switching in any case. Its not a super serious competition. Its a bit of fun, a chance for us all to play together, and murder traitors!

Yea RTRS is actually growing quite well at the moment and we're probably fielding a similar number of people on Freedom Fridays as you appear to in your nights at the moment. But as Dewi said, balancing the populations wouldn't be too much of an ask, especially since we get 100k certs on the toons.

On a somewhat related note, I'd love to see the giraffes and the traitors fighting TR side by side again, like we did in that aborted knife fight attempt a couple of months back. That was a barrel of laughs!
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    Yea RTRS is actually growing quite well at the moment and we're probably fielding a similar number of people on Freedom Fridays as you appear to in your nights at the moment. But as Dewi said, balancing the populations wouldn't be too much of an ask, especially since we get 100k certs on the toons.

On a somewhat related note, I'd love to see the giraffes and the traitors fighting TR side by side again, like we did in that aborted knife fight attempt a couple of months back. That was a barrel of laughs!
    Allrighty then.

I do remember that knife fight thing and us all murdering TR. That was very fun.

Should we want to use it, The Nexus is at our disposal!

Allright, I left this a little open, but with the upcoming test patch to the PTS I would say lets give this a go. Not to soon, as the PTS will be crawling with people. I was thinking in the time frame of 1-2 weeks after the Zombie Night Event of Dewi.

Saturday nov 9, time TBD.

Also, Nexus sounds like a nice place to fight over, so why not. Let's give that a try.

November 9th clashes with the meetup
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

need more coffee!, allright, the week before? november 2?