Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    It's not the advert, still not working with opera mini, must be the new theme?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    THANK YOU

Now why did it take so long for clearly horrible adverts to be removed?
    you were saying...

Is there supposed to be something? It doesn't display anything at all, adblock off and all that.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Is there supposed to be something? It doesn't display anything at all, adblock off and all that.
    Yes. There seems to be 1 video down the side, along with lots and lots of thumbnail images. I don't think that'd be the egregious part though. That'd be along the top... the short, autoplaying animation easing you in easing you in to the 9 or 10 sepia toned (sorry, ORANGE) images, with the "HOVER HERE FOR MORE" banner creeping hypnotically from one side to the other, like some kind of twisted metal target in a carnival game. And then, if you happen to mouse over that stretch of screen between all of the links at the top of the site and the articles themselves (you know, the shit most of us actually come here for), it... it starts to grow. Slowly at first, just a few pixels, shunting the rest of the page down a touch. But should your mouse linger o'erlong in that region, should it stumble into this part of the screen it once though safe, should the monster catch the scent of that lone icon, then it strikes... it grows to 4 times its original size, and lashes out at the top article, pushing it off the screen completely. It feeds like a kind of carnivorous advert plant, swallowing up your screen space, devouring your train of thought, taking sustenance from all of those half read headlines and all those people losing their places.

It's probably just as well you can't see it Anthile. It's almost as bad as that story about the Otter and the baby Seal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Not to mention that it doesn't start loading until the document's ready, so you might go to click a link, then the start of the ad pops in, which causes your mouse to hover over the ad, making the easing start... And on this slow work laptop (yea yea, I should be working, but I'm effectively paid 2.50 an hour so I'm cool with procrastination :P) that means and extra 6 seconds of load.
    mickygor, Battlefield 3
    Otmer, League of Legends EUW
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    Yes. There seems to be 1 video down the side, along with lots and lots of thumbnail images. I don't think that'd be the egregious part though. That'd be along the top... the short, autoplaying animation easing you in easing you in to the 9 or 10 sepia toned (sorry, ORANGE) images, with the "HOVER HERE FOR MORE" banner creeping hypnotically from one side to the other, like some kind of twisted metal target in a carnival game. And then, if you happen to mouse over that stretch of screen between all of the links at the top of the site and the articles themselves (you know, the shit most of us actually come here for), it... it starts to grow. Slowly at first, just a few pixels, shunting the rest of the page down a touch. But should your mouse linger o'erlong in that region, should it stumble into this part of the screen it once though safe, should the monster catch the scent of that lone icon, then it strikes... it grows to 4 times its original size, and lashes out at the top article, pushing it off the screen completely. It feeds like a kind of carnivorous advert plant, swallowing up your screen space, devouring your train of thought, taking sustenance from all of those half read headlines and all those people losing their places.

It's probably just as well you can't see it Anthile. It's almost as bad as that story about the Otter and the baby Seal.
    Unaco understands. It really is quite dire.