Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar

Vanu Air Force Event: 1st November

Details currently being organised by TVA, so expect an update.

DIGT are heading this up. Participants will be from all TVA outfits, comms will be using the TVA TeamSpeak.

We've had good results with our own TopGir squads so it'd be nice to see that working within a larger TVA context.

Current details from [DIGT]Notiz below:
    --------------

Vanu Air Force Event
    1. November - around 20.00 GMT+2, accurate time will be announced

what is this and how would it be organized?

• unite all the pilots from VS and play together in coordinated Squads (12)/ Squadrons (12-24)/ or even Platoons (48)
    • suppported by ground Anti-AA teams (at least a Platoon) that will take strategical positions / terretories, take you AA-traps being the support-quick-reaction-Force that drops on hostile fortifications with targets softend by our Air Force.
    • SL and PL will speak in dedcaded radio-OPS (or whatever solution is possible on TVA TS) and the coordinator will also speak in usuall command chat (if there are realy outfits that wont take part - even though it would be great if they do something else so that TR/NC cant focus solely on us and this event).
    • TVA, even Vanu-wide Event with either everyone in TVA TS
      • otherwise the Dignity of War Gaming Community TS (which DIGT is part of) will probably be possible host something like this (other outfits can also speak up if they have open-TS-sections that everyone could join - this needs to be cleared out becus TVA ... wont be open for guests right?))

What is the goal?

• desotroy enemy air and ground targets with absolut air supremency if TR (and NC) wont step up their effforts to stop us (and I hope so to get some awsome air battles and hopefully not just AA-traps)
    • coordinated strikes, dogfights, teamwork and VS supremecy one at one continent on prime time (last one is not so much of a goal but for success would be great and not just idivudal fun, even though I hope this will be very much part of it)
    • get our outfits together, advertise TVA, let TR (and NC) fear our Air Force
    • NC is not so much of a goal (thats why I put them in Braces):
      1. smaller population that TR
      2. equal problems in winning against TR as we as VS do.

• but I am aware of strikers which might destroy our efforts to keep Air up in the Air, that's where our ground-teams come in place, but when they cant help we can consider to focus more on NC Air if they give us more of a Air-2-Air fight (we could also coordinate with them in the first place and team up against in TR... uhhh that sounds dirty, but I think (I hope) we can do this in a every empire vs every empire way)
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You had me at "Vanu air...". If I can, I will definitely join this. I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to SL, but will be flying at least.

Strikers aren't as much of a problem either. They seem to be used less, and now that it's actually possible to avoid them they are less dangerous as well. So I don't think we need to avoid TR.

It would be nice if we could get a good group of libs working together as well.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sounds cool, I'm picturing sunlight being blocked by a thousand scythes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Sounds cool, I'm picturing sunlight being blocked by a thousand scythes.
    Then we shall frag TR in the shade.... (sorry, someone was gonna do it, may as well be me.)
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Obscure Node
    [DIGT] Justicia here, leader of DIGT with Notiz, and leader of our air force. This event will still be going on tomorrow, and here is the latest information, cross-posted from the TVA forum:

We will gather up our forces at 20:00 GMT+1 (19:00 UTC), and start the event at 20:30 GMT+1 (19:30 UTC).

All interested air forces should gather up on the TVA teamspeak in the combined operations HQ. Hopefully we can get at least full platoon of air going! I will take the lead for the air platoon.

The ground forces should be led by their own outfits, and coordinate over TVA command comms like usual. Notiz will lead the DIGT ground forces.

I will then be in contact with Notiz to coordinate the air platoon in accordance with the needs on TVA. So the ground forces of the outfits have to coordinate over TVA comms with Notiz to 'steer' the air platoon.

I hope all of this is clear enough. In short, just send all your interested air guys to the TVA combined operations channels at 19:00 UTC (20:00 GMT+1) and we'll get it going! Interested parties can contact Notiz or me (Justicia) ingame or our DIG teamspeak (ts.dignityofwar.com:9988).

Let's destroy some TR and NC

Lesser Hivemind Node
    If you don't have the TVA TS details, check the MOTD of the outfit.

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to being the Forward Operating base and Friendly air Safe Zone back right?

I'm thinking a few skyguards, repair & ammo sundys with rangers/walkers, couple of MBT's in case enemy ground happen upon us and manned entirely be engineers.

Anyone up for this? I know I am as I don't enjoy flying ESF's all that much but love manning the support!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    Sounds like a perfect opportunity to being the Forward Operating base and Friendly air Safe Zone back right?

I'm thinking a few skyguards, repair & ammo sundys with rangers/walkers, couple of MBT's in case enemy ground happen upon us and manned entirely be engineers.

Anyone up for this? I know I am as I don't enjoy flying ESF's all that much but love manning the support!
    Not sure I will be available tonight, but I enjoy both being on the air or with a Skyguard, so if I'm available, I will pick the job that is most needed

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar

Yes please! A bit of AA, repair duty, get some beers in - perfect Friday night! I'll not be on until a bit later but will be well up for this. I might also get into the air because I'm working on my farming skills with the scythe. I had planned to replicate the wraith/fury flash video hilarity but that can wait.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by WallyTrooper View Post
    get some beers in
    Now we're talking!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    What we might need as well as a fob is some way to deal with massed enemy AA. Perhaps a fast-reacting harasser force? edit: just noticed this is in fact mentioned in the original post.

Depends how it pans out I guess; how many we have in the air and on the ground, what kind of targets they are being asked to hit. I'm up for fobing or flying tonight anyway!
    Last edited by Rizlar; 01-11-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I might join in on this, would prefer flying but if they get lot's of pilots I don't mind sitting in a skyguard/sunderer.

Ooooooooooh, this friday just got interesting. See you on the battlefield
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Waffly, this is an internal TVA op and the information is not really meant to be public, but we had to post it here so that rps members could see it and participate. I'd like to ask that you guys don't use this information to interfere. Also, the NC is obviously not a primary target for this ... so just proceed with giraffe hunting as usual.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I'll see if I can join for a bit tonight, but no promises. I've been spending a lot of time away from my family (in spirit if not always in body) the last few days, so it might be family time tonight.

Lots of good community stuff happening now! I'm happy to see the TVA getting a bit livelier over the last couple of months...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Alright, sorry about the espionage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar

Oh yes! I'm totally up for this. :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Could someone pm me the details for the TVA-TS?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    check the motd for ts details

RPS Repairs Limited at your service!