Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Network Hub Granath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by MoLAoS View Post
    1 post account to make a post about banished in a thread that really isn't about banished?

    On the other hand I'm dying to play this.
    Well, considering the account was created a year and a half ago, I guess that person likes to lurk and Banished brought 'em out of lurkdom. :)

  2. #22
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    61
    Lords of the Realm!

    Except not really.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    282
    There really isn't much that can compete/compare with king of dragon pass.

    That game has stood the test of time!

    There is now an updated version for ipad/iphone.

  4. #24
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,973
    Quote Originally Posted by BenWah View Post
    There is now an updated version for ipad/iphone.
    Don't own one, wont ever. If I just play the PC version does it hold up?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

  5. #25
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Don't own one, wont ever. If I just play the PC version does it hold up?
    It is excellent, there is no other game like that, at least I never found one. It has low resolution etc., as the game is quite old now, but GoG version works. Tablet version is slightly updated from what I heard, but it's the same game.

    Oh, and manual can be handy for clearing some things up. Included in GoG release, i think.

  6. #26
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK, Derby
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by mouton View Post
    It is excellent, there is no other game like that, at least I never found one. It has low resolution etc., as the game is quite old now, but GoG version works. Tablet version is slightly updated from what I heard, but it's the same game.

    Oh, and manual can be handy for clearing some things up. Included in GoG release, i think.
    Just to clarify, the iOS version is receiving semi-regular content updates, though nothing massive. The developer(s) annoyed PC folk by publicly stating there would never be any updates for their version, IIRC, though I forget their explanation. But yes, apparently the PC version does still run fine and is basically the same game minus some extra scenes/story branches/features here and there, various tweaks and minor fixes etc.

  7. #27
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    Just to clarify, the iOS version is receiving semi-regular content updates, though nothing massive. The developer(s) annoyed PC folk by publicly stating there would never be any updates for their version, IIRC, though I forget their explanation. But yes, apparently the PC version does still run fine and is basically the same game minus some extra scenes/story branches/features here and there, various tweaks and minor fixes etc.
    The developer always considered updating the game for modern machines "impossible" - he said they really tried - and it only happened on GoG because they have their own experienced team of game necromancers. Obviously, I disagree modifying the game is "impossible", but I suspect the original code is a horrible mess and can't blame the dev for not wanting to spend too much time sorting it all out.

  8. #28
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    177
    The thing is when porting parts of the game and recreating others that were too much a mess to work with, they used a framework and a language that was iOS only. So ok now they're locked and it's too much of a bother to start again, but it was a bad decision from the start and it was obvious they had no intention whatsoever of enhancing the original game on PC (or even porting it to Android).

  9. #29
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    São Paulo
    Posts
    1,256
    One thing to note as well is that the iOS version is somewhat easier than the old PC one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •