Batman: Arkham Oranges - MP Times!

I havent gotten the game personally, but Ive heard its quite buggy so Im waiting for a bit. That being said, is anyone teaming up to play it?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

I've tried the multiplayer but the I can't stand the controls for the thugs so I doubt I'll ever play it again.

I like the concept though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Asymmetrical Multi-player? You have my ears, I need to check some youtube videos.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

its 3v3v2 as far as I know.

I actually met with Ed Stern of Splash Damage on Tuesday for a really nice chat, so on a personal level (and not just because I love splash damage' work so far), I want this game to be fucking awesome. That being said, I'm also sure they can withstand a bit of good criticism.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    its 3v3v2 as far as I know.
    Basically you have two gangs of three thugs each fighting against each other.

One gang works for Bane, the other one works for the Joker and they both have to capture locations on the map.

While they are busy doing this you have Batman and Robin hovering above and building up "intimidation" whenever they mess up a thug.

That sounds ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    That sounds ace.
    It's quite buggy, not that balanced (the thugs often ignore each other and just murder batman and robin once the intimidation goes too high) and the controls feel a bit weird to me but it can be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Choca View Post
    the thugs often ignore each other and just murder batman and robin once the intimidation goes too high
    That sounds right, the caped crusaders should be the key targets, of course, if the thugs are ignoring each other, they arn't exactly scoring are they? Any free for all multiplayer can result in collusion and conspiracy.

Buggy isn't so good.

My own experience is waiting for 10 minutes for enough people to get in the lobby, start as Batman (yeay!), put a scrambler on an unguarded control point, and do an inverted takedown in the middle of a cluster of mobsters (should have thrown a smoke bomb before to cover my bold manoeuvre, come to think of it, but they didn't manage to get me either way).
    Then everybody started lagging like hell before the host crashed. The joys of peer-to-peer.

Quote Originally Posted by Skhalt View Post
    Then everybody started lagging like hell before the host crashed. The joys of peer-to-peer.
    Oh yeah, that too.

I'm still having fun with it though but it's really not polished at all.
    Last edited by Choca; 05-11-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Ooohh.... Peer to peer? Right, nevermind then. Fucking console developers*.but that said splinter cell chaos theory was peer to peer and absolutely fine, that said it was limited to 4 players. But peer to peer gets exponentially worse every player you add. 3(3 peer relations) Player peer to peer is great, even as few as 6(15 peer relations) is a complete clusterfudge for a real time game, so that batman is trying it with 8 players (28 peer relationships) means they clearly haven't done their research on the matter.

*never seen a PC only Peer to Peer game that wasn't turn based, and thus fine.

And it probably isnt LANable to boot? (even though its splash damage)
    - Tom De Roeck.

You only have the option of quick finding a match when you're trying to join, as far as I know, though it is possible to host a game and invite your Steam friends to it but I don't think it would work offline. Another thing is there is a system of persistent loadouts for your thugs, so I guess the game has to be connected to the Warner Bros servers to communicate your XP gains and stuff like that.

Anyway I uninstalled the game after another attempt at multiplayer resulting in the game taking forever to load, me running around with an invisible weapon, unable to shoot, before being knocked out by invisible foes.
    Last edited by Skhalt; 06-11-2013 at 10:59 AM.