Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Afaik the version from the Uber store should be DRM free (as it is identical to the kickstarter version). Steam is optional, but not required. Of course multiplayer requires an "Uber account" to login as it runs on Uber Entertainments own server/backend. LAN support is confirmed but not in yet if I am not mistaken (haven't checked).
    Last edited by bonkers; 20-11-2013 at 05:43 PM.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

damn. I could have tried it out with my friend James staying at my place for two more weeks.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    You can borrow my account if you still want to try it out with him.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

possibly. Ill get back to you, thanks!
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Any new cool updates with the game?

havent played the alpha, so I cant tell.

But as far as Ive heard, you can now fit rockets to asteroids and shoot them at your opponents.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Yup. Also the AI is pretty decent now. And there is a first glimpse at orbital units. Although I don't really like them (yet).
    -remove spaces-

Thanks guys :)

I just bought the game from the Recent sale (bought Direct from the pa devs).

Really love the game so far despite only playing one offline and one online game.

All the ui problems I had with supreme Commander are gone, the ui covers for each unit are much cleaner and easier to interpret rapidly. Ui improvements with the picking how to build metal extractors is great. With the multi select and all.

Gameplay someone has to tell me more about because I still don't understand the resource management any better than I did when I was playing supcom lol so build orders I am entirely clueless.

Fucking hell, galactic war is fun.
    - Tom De Roeck.

So, according to the last backer update, the game will be out on Friday. Shall we celebrate with an inaugural game?

Disclaimer: I'm terrible at multi-tasking and will thus not present any challenge whatsoever.

I dunno if I'm missing a patch or something, but when I tried it at the weekend I had real trouble with the orbital haulers. Half the time they just refused to pick anything up, and when they finally did and I ordered them to another celestial body, they'd orbit around the sun to get there, but release their grapples early-on in the flight, flinging their cargo off onto a different, presumably fatal orbit.

If this gets fixed I'd love a multiplayer go of this when it's officially out.

wait, its that close?
    - Tom De Roeck.

I'm up for that, just picked it up yesterday and have been having a blast so far. I'm pretty crap at the moment as the AI has been kicking my arse, however I did win a nice game this morning that I was pretty chuffed with. I managed to use the 'Death Star' thingy to blow up some planets...although I should have paid attention as the second planet I targeted happened to have my secondary base on it, doh! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Harlander View Post
    I dunno if I'm missing a patch or something, but when I tried it at the weekend I had real trouble with the orbital haulers. Half the time they just refused to pick anything up, and when they finally did and I ordered them to another celestial body, they'd orbit around the sun to get there, but release their grapples early-on in the flight, flinging their cargo off onto a different, presumably fatal orbit.

If this gets fixed I'd love a multiplayer go of this when it's officially out.
    I think it may be a visual bug as I saw a similar thing happen, it looked like my Commander had just been dumped out into space however when the Atreus got to the planet I was able to unload my commander with no issues.
    Last edited by Carpe_Dentum; 01-09-2014 at 02:27 PM.
    Steam: Carpe Dentum

Currently Playing:
    Elite: Dangerous

In terms of the orbital loaders I found it useful to only give them a command once and then wait and see if they did it. Sometimes it didn't look like it, I then gave them other orders and then they started to do very strange things... they seem to get confused very easily. No idea why that is.
    -remove spaces-

In the skirmish I didn't have to bother with orbital loaders, and man, it's intense. There's that panicky feeling of spinning plates trying to keep everything going on multiple planets, and that was only with three of 'em.

Lesser Hivemind Node EPICTHEFAIL's Avatar
    Just had my first encounter with a boss commander in GW. Not a good feeling when you forget that the ACU can no longer build launchers and are wondering why you don`t have orbital while your subcommander is getting wrecked by an enemy ACU on another planet. I did eventually realise that engineers do have the ability to build an OL.
    Last edited by EPICTHEFAIL; 05-09-2014 at 11:10 PM.

Ive found that if you get the wrong tech to start with, it sortof kills the entire campaign. basic units are shit.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Lesser Hivemind Node EPICTHEFAIL's Avatar
    I got lucky in my new air commander start and managed to find vehicle tech, basic orbital tech and a sub-commander in empty systems before I found an enemy. It was a bit of a stomp, to say the least.

by the way, werent they supposed to release local gaming after the release? Im still getting lag in singleplayer games.

edit: just did some research, theyre still fighting with it, official word is Soon™.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 07-09-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    - Tom De Roeck.