Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crusader Kings 2: Sons of Abraham announced

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/22/cr...ing-announced/

And it contains just about everything people wanted from a new expansion: Jews, more complex Catholicism, more interesting heresies, improved holy orders and more. Hopefully they'll fix the Muslim decadence system too but it really looks like Paradox are listening to the community so I'm optimistic.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    /swoon

godamn 10char

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Fuck yeah, Jew Empire

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mouton View Post
    Fuck yeah, Jewish Empire
    Sounds like an interesting expansion. Though I have EU4 beckoning me...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hey, I can name my empire whatever I want. Not that it matters, its neighbours will call it "We Are Doomed" anyway.

"The Divine and Greater Empire of the Blind Dwarf Emperor with the Many Imprisoned Sons and some Mistresses on the Side."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Although I suppose Judaism will be like Zoroastrianism in Old Gods: one small country and a whole world intent on murdering you.

So CK2 has been in my unplayed stack for awhile now... How bad is the learning curve? I'm thinking of like a Hearts of Iron game... similar or worse?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Warduke View Post
    So CK2 has been in my unplayed stack for awhile now... How bad is the learning curve? I'm thinking of like a Hearts of Iron game... similar or worse?
    Haven't played HOI, but it is much easier than it seems. There are some concepts one ought to read up, but generally it is a fairly simple game. Get claim, declare war, murder children.

Quote Originally Posted by Warduke View Post
    It's nothing like HoI. All about managing relationships with your vassals, liege and family. Closer to a freeform RPG with a lot of options and complexity underneath. Interest in the period and an imagination to make your own stories help immensely. It has some things in common with Dwarf Fortress actually. And the Sims.
    Last edited by alset85; 23-10-2013 at 09:19 PM.
    Steam ID ; GFWL: alset85

Quote Originally Posted by alset85 View Post
    It's nothing like HoI. All about managing relationships with your vassals, liege and family. Closer to a freeform RPG with a lot of options and complexity underneath. Interest in the period and an imagination to make your own stories help immensely. It has some things in common with Dwarf Fortress actually. And the Sims.
    Ahh wow.. ok, sounds cool. Adding it to the "next to play" short list

Quote Originally Posted by alset85 View Post
    Just watch a short tutorial on Youtube before you play. The basics of the game are not complicated but, as usual with Paradox games the in-game tutorial is awful at actually explaining the game.

The expansion sounds awesome. Interesting to see how they will put the Jews in because there weren't really Jewish rulers at this time. Maybe it will be something your character can convert to then get religious CB on all your neighbours?:)

Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    Just watch a short tutorial on Youtube before you play. The basics of the game are not complicated but, as usual with Paradox games the in-game tutorial is awful at actually explaining the game.

The expansion sounds awesome. Interesting to see how they will put the Jews in because there weren't really Jewish rulers at this time. Maybe it will be something your character can convert to then get religious CB on all your neighbours?:)
    The Kazars start as jewish and they can convert their provinces outside their capital. Also anyone can randomly get the rare jewish courtier who you can land and play as, or have him educate your children etc. Also Ruler Designer for some metagaming that isn't in-character.

Network Hub
    I'm not sure I can go back to Vanilla CK after playing the Game of Thrones mod.

Let me be clear. I've never seen or read any of it. I could not give a shite about it.
    But the mod is awesome, it understands the core gameplay and improves upon it so well.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post

Let me be clear. I've never seen or read any of it. I could not give a shite about it.
    But the mod is awesome, it understands the core gameplay and improves upon it so well.
    If only the setting wasn't inferior...

Network Hub
    The mod has the clarity to remove the "honest" modifier from people using assassins and the "just" trait from those who behave as tyrants.

WHY HAS THIS NEVER OCCURED TO PARADOX?!?!

In many ways, CK2 is a Song of Ice and Fire simulator. The two just go together so perfectly... the families/dynasties, the world, the setting, the events and emerging stories. If Essos is implemented well, and they can get round some of the limitations of the Engine etc. (no Northern Boats, some of the Religion interactions or complete lack of them), I can see it being a superior setting... the possibility for the fantastical, the very disparate cultures on either side of the Narrow Sea, Dragons, the Duelling and the expanded familial relations and interactions.

Also, I wanted to say Cru-Seder Kings 2!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    The mod has the clarity to remove the "honest" modifier from people using assassins and the "just" trait from those who behave as tyrants.

WHY HAS THIS NEVER OCCURED TO PARADOX?!?!
    Pretty sure it does remove them after a bit.

Also the Game of Thrones Mod was just urgh. Must be a fan service thing.

I read the books and watched the show and the mod didn't do anything for me. There just wasn't enough content for a long form campaign.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    In many ways, CK2 is a Song of Ice and Fire simulator.
    It's a bit different - SoIaF is a poor shadow of historical medieval Europe. And since CK2 simulates feudalism, it can also simulate Martin's setting.