Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    Huh, and here I remember MS being virtually lynched for bundling IE with Windows.
    Different situation, history and having a monopoly on the desktop OS market.

Macs are bundled with Safari and OS updates get you updates to Safari. But they are far from a desktop monopoly that no one cares.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    Nobody actually pays for Windows, they get an OEM version bundled with the PC they buy or an OEM version bundled with a piece of hardware if you buy your own.
    Not sure about over there, but over here you pay for the OEM copy even if it's bundled with a piece of hardware. It's only "free" if you buy a new computer (i.e. a factory built one). If I wanted an OEM copy of Win8 with a new motherboard I'd be paying for the board and the OEM copy.

Quote Originally Posted by karaquazian View Post
    Yay let's move from microsofts closed shop to apples closed shop with steel reinforced walls, triple dead bolt locks and cctv straight out of north Korea
    Neither one is anything like that, and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    This is like Mac version of "upgrading from Wins XP to Wins 8" for free.
    Except it isn't, there hasn't been one of those for a while now. Each new release adds a few new things but otherwise doesn't change much. Sometimes they're decent overhauls but they're nothing like XP to Win 8 (that's a decade worth of changes there). It's insulting they charge people for some of the silly updates they push.

Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    Different situation, history and having a monopoly on the desktop OS market. [..] But they are far from a desktop monopoly that no one cares.
    Pretty much, but having said that Apple and Mac are a special case in that it's a separate platform that hasn't achieved dominance. Isolate the platforms and Apple are doing the same thing.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.