Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I installed this ENB and almost all of the author's recommended/essential mods. Another mod I really like reduces the range at which NPCs will greet you. You no longer have everyone who walks within 10 feet of you spouting the same line of dialogue over and over. You have to get right in someone's face before they say something like "Do you get to the Cloud District often?"

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936/?
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Network Hub
    Hi everyone, thanks for the continued responses. One specific problem I'm having is in relation to BOSS. I installed it and got it running and it recognised the mods I had installed at the time (mostly just the unofficial patches) but I've since installed 2 more mods (changing the loading screens and water textures) and BOSS doesn't seem to recognise them. As a result it isn't doing anything with my load order. Can anyone help? I could understand it if it didn't recognise any mods but to recognise some and then stop seems odd.

This problem could be related to an error message I receive every time I close BOSS. The message says "Error ".\BOSS.ini" cannot be written to!". Any thoughts?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Where is BOSS installed? If it's in a system folder or a read-only folder Windows may mess with it's ability to write to files. Since you can run it from anywhere you might want to try just moving the BOSS folder somewhere else (like the desktop) and run it from there.

Water and loading screen mods shouldn't interfere with other mods (unless you install something that modifies the same things), so as long as they're working you shouldn't have to worry about where they are in the load order.

Network Hub
    The BOSS problem seems to have been resolved by running the .exe as an administrator. I still get the error message when closing but it recognises all of my mods so unless anyone can confirm that any actual problem is being caused I intend to just carry on!

Now then, back to Gopher's excellent videos...

EDIT: By the way, Skalpadda's advice re: the Steam launcher worked perfectly. Thanks!

Network Hub
    So, I've finally finished with Gopher's visual mod videos (water, textures, lighting etc) and I've actually played the game for the first time in ages! It looks great, although I tend now to notice the lower quality textures amongst the new ones, and I'm pretty confident with downloading and installing mods. The first one I'm going to try all by myself is Interesting NPCs because it seems like it will add a great deal of atmosphere. Hopefully I can put what I've learnt into practice...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Great stuff, welcome to the world of spending more time modding games than playing them! ;)

In addition to the other replies, I have a whole bunch of mods installed, but the two that I cannot recommend highly enough are -

1.) Climates of Tamriel - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17802

This completely overhauls the weather system and graphics, and makes the game loook simply amazing.

2.) Warzones : Civil Unrest - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9494

Ever thought Skyrim was too quiet? This mod vastly expands and improves upon the skyrim civil war, with huge random battles occuring throughout the land, from small skirmishes right up to rolling battles of epic proportion, all in keeping with the theme of the game. This mod makes your skyrim experience so much more fun, I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Activated Node
    watch out with climates of tamriel, if completely borks the lighting with lot of ENBs

Network Hub
    I decided to go with a different lighting mod other than CoT, seeing a few in Gopher's videos I didn't really like what CoT did with the lighting. As for Warzones, I was tempted but what sort of performance hit does it cause? I imagine quite a bit if it adds a load of fighting NPCs!

Lesser Hivemind Node Drinking with Skeletons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I installed this ENB and almost all of the author's recommended/essential mods. Another mod I really like reduces the range at which NPCs will greet you. You no longer have everyone who walks within 10 feet of you spouting the same line of dialogue over and over. You have to get right in someone's face before they say something like "Do you get to the Cloud District often?"

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30936/?
    Didn't know about that one! There's also one that raises the threshold for when guards comment on your skills so you won't get a ridiculous amount of compliments on skills you don't actually use that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Asokn View Post
    I decided to go with a different lighting mod other than CoT, seeing a few in Gopher's videos I didn't really like what CoT did with the lighting. As for Warzones, I was tempted but what sort of performance hit does it cause? I imagine quite a bit if it adds a load of fighting NPCs!
    I didn't notice anything at all on my PC. Your mileage may vary though I suppose.