Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar

Rock, Paper, Exile - the RPS Path of Exile guild!

Hey guys,

I've just created a guild for RPS members on Path of Exile, now that it's been officially released. I intend this to be a safe haven from the horrors of global/trade chat, a place where people can learn the game together, find groups, trade fairly, and just chat away!

I'm "Faldrath" over there as well, so if you want an invite, just let me know!

Network Hub
    Now idea if their rather barebone guild system allows for invites via account name while offline, but feel free to try and send me an invite - I'm "TreasureGoblin" over there. No idea how the guild stash works and how much space it has, but i might be able to fill a good portion of it with all kinds of skillgems - i think i have about 2-3 stash tabs worth of random gems in HC... I'm also fairly sure that i have the required maps for at least the letters R and P for the guild tag - once someone finds out which map is needed for S i might be able to throw that out aswell. (though i'm not sure if you really only need one map per letter... guess we'll find out)

Edit: Yeah, i checked - Arsenal map=R, Reef Map=P and i got spares of both... let's just hope that S isn't shrine or something like that...
    Last edited by Procrastination Giant; 23-10-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Are guilds/servers affected by League type? I'm up for joining, but I just started in the Domination league and have no idea how the guild system works.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Yeah, only one map per letter, looks like. I also bought a guild tab to start off.

(invite sent!)

You can't play with characters from different leagues, but chat should work wherever you are.

Network Hub
    I can't remember if whispers sent to offline characters work or not, so just in case it doesn't: I did indeed find an orchard map just minutes after starting another lazy run through the docks, so that's both hilarious and convenient - The guild stash doesn't seem to work just yet, though, or at least it claims that we don't have one so far. So as soon as i'm able to throw stuff in there i can drop those three tag-related maps in there - No idea how it actually handles the different leagues, so in a worst case scenario you might have to create a throwaway HC character and smack hillock to take those maps out and use them. We'll see.

Obscure Node
    I am satisfied with you and you are in right .

Hey mate, could you invite Lyesainer and Minalda to the guild? (Me and me wife) :)
    --
    -- V. Don Quixote. Tyler Durden. Donnie Darko. Martin Sillenas. Maynard. Rorschach. You. Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback View Post
    Hey mate, could you invite Lyesainer and Minalda to the guild? (Me and me wife) :)
    I was able to invite Minalda, but not you, says character doesn't exist...

edit: nevermind, PGiant got you!
    Last edited by Faldrath; 24-10-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Cheers!

So about that phys bow shadow build we were talking about - I came up with something probably crazy, i decided to drop ES stacking all together and build around evasion/dodge and HP for tank, as for DPS massive crit dmg and chance.
    http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...labSQ8p1xJUQ==

The remaining points can be spent on quite a few things, such as more life, more crit, more mana, lower-mana-cost on skills (new stuff around the scion) etc... I think i will go ahead and try this and report back, if it's fucked up i'll just ditch the hero.

Still, any thoughts?
    --
    -- V. Don Quixote. Tyler Durden. Donnie Darko. Martin Sillenas. Maynard. Rorschach. You. Me.

Network Hub
    In Default that might actually be crazy enough to work, but like i said, my recent experiences with evasion have been fairly limited. A minor revision i'd make myself would be something like this - removed an unnecessary node above talons of murder, switched out the soul siphon cluster to pick up those three aura support nodes (mostly a personal preference, since that should do more for your mana if you run clarity) and to be able to take the other route - puts another resistance node and some chaos resistance within reach - also relocated the points invested in 'written in blood' in the top right to the scion area to pick up 'sharpen', 1% life regen isn't much, but in combination with that mana regen it's a pretty decent node, and right next to more life regen nodes.

I forgot to mention the details:

I basically only play this with my wife, who plays a summoner with auras, so i get Clarity and Purity "for free".

As for active skills, i run with bear trap and frenzy for single target, and split arrow for aoe clearing the map. It's mad with pierce, since you can clear off screen too...
    I am currently experimenting with Temporal Chains, not sure if it's worth it tho.
    --

Temp Chains is great for bosses that are hard to kite (like Oak), but I wouldn't use it all the time.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Thanks for the invitation last night! I haven't played the beta since earlier this year and I never made it past L10, so I'm the puttering noob Ranger.
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    I'd appreciate an invite too if possible, going by Jockiee.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Obscure Node
    I'd love an invite too :) - Xavaxia

I`d like an invite as well, name over in the game is EPICTHEWIN. I`ve only just rolled up a Witch, but I`m already having a lot of fun in the game.

Xav, invite sent. Epic, it says that your character does not exist... what's your toon name there?

Also, since my playing time has been more limited than I'd like, if I'm not online people can contact Procrastination Giant (he goes by TreasureGoblin in PoE) for invites as well.

Network Hub
    Neither of you seems to be online currently - or I'm shit at the chat system.

Either way, could I get an invite? Pretty please? I'll be JurPle or JurgenP. I think.

Invite sent :)

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    I sent you a friend request, Faldrath... I'm Traysti... or something similar to that... I don't remember... just put some letters together. In Softcore League for the moment... just wanting to level up and work on challenges... but I'm a bit limited internet wise at the moment, so hopefully it won't kill my playing time entirely.