Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terraria 1.3

Terraria 1.3

Anyone up for a community server? Or anyone playing on a good one?

I'd be up for taking a look again! I was about to stop subs on a creeperhost server, so could look and see if they have 1.3 server ready

Edit: alas, they do not, as they run linux and tshock is not yet updated.
    Last edited by Dewi; 30-06-2015 at 11:49 PM.
    Elite: Dangerous - CMDR Dewi

Come play some World of Warcraft.
    Server: Darksorrow | Faction:Alliance

I will try to run this on my work pc, if it's playable i'll be happy to join in on a community server, kill time while digging with gentlemen from RPS.
    --
    -- V. Don Quixote. Tyler Durden. Donnie Darko. Martin Sillenus. Maynard. Rorschach. You. Me.

I used to host a server for RPS a while back, but the laptop I used for that has been acting up lately. Dewi, is there any estimated timeframe for Linux Tshock?

Oh by the way, that "expert mode" looks quite nice, for a multiplayer experience. Consider using it, if someone makes an RPS server :)
    --
    -- V. Don Quixote. Tyler Durden. Donnie Darko. Martin Sillenus. Maynard. Rorschach. You. Me.

I'd have nothing else, Mr. Hunchback!

Release date was supposedly yesterday, but appears not have been done yet. According to their twitter https://twitter.com/NyxStudios Saturday is looking likely. Then its a case for my host to push it to their control panel (it's not a rooted affair). I'll keep you updated

Thanks! I hope a few more people join in, it's gonna be a bit lonely if there are only 3 of us.

consider me intrigued didn't get to experience much of the late game when i last played

Alright, give me a few days and I'll try and sort something out!
    RPS Mumble Server [mumble.rockpapershotgun.com:64738]
    ServerAdmin

I only played about 40 hours of Terraria in single player before the big updates, and news of this latest one made me think about giving MP a shot.

How well does this game lend itself to a drop-in/drop-out experience?
    Rock, Paper, Shotgonne - Come join us. We have LOOT!
    The Onward March of Bundles
    - filling your backlog since 1911
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Not sure anyone knows, since it didn't have dedicated servers up until now so probably all MP play was organised, timed sessions... However, i suppose it'll be the same as Minecraft, which is to say i have no idea since i've never played Minecraft MP...
    --

Terraria has hade dedicated MP servers for quite a long time, it's just a different executable, so you need to know it's there (nothing in the gameplay client tells you so). It's just what you'd expect, the world goes on while you're away, it works perfectly for drop-in drop-out gameplay. There's a version of the dedicated server called TShock which has additional controls, like permissions, groups and other stuff to make player and world management possible.

Cei has given me a poke about this and I have contacted our benevolent RPS overlords to see if we can get an official, dedicated server; we already have some resources on standby for this and Terraria seems like an ideal title to try it out.

Zan, am I correct when I say you have previous map-making experience? How about you, Dewi?
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Multiplay has a 30% off limited time discount. It's 24.50p/m for a 32player(max) unbranded server. Now is the time lol.

Thats not for 1.3 though challenger. There is no ETA really as to when it will be supported by multiplay

Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    Thats not for 1.3 though challenger. There is no ETA really as to when it will be supported by multiplay
    Do they not update upon release? It says the discount is to celebrate the 1.3 release so surely it would be ready for 1.3?

Well Multiplay typically run their servers on Linux, and Terraria server or client does not run on linux. Unless theyre cracking out the Windows virtual machines...

Besides I'm really interested to see what Krathor comes up with.

Krathor: The last server was run from home by Zan, and he did a frickin' amazing job with some world editing for some story events he put together. Whether or not he'd be up for some similar launch shenanigans is another story. I'd be happy to help.

Yeah, lets see what we can wangle with RPS' resources. Krathor and I will likely be the main server administrators, but certainly getting other people onboard for individual games would be good.
    RPS Mumble Server [mumble.rockpapershotgun.com:64738]
    ServerAdmin

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Would this be friendly for people who

(a) have never really managed to get anywhere with the singleplayer game due to general incompetence, and
    (b) who don't have much free time and would just pop in occasionally?

Does the multiplayer differ in any significant way from the singleplayer?