Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'm quite enjoying Path of Exile and I thought that I had grown out of ARPGs. My character name is Silentpuffin, thanks to the somewhat limited character naming system, and I am playing on the EU Dominion server (or whatever it is).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Invite sent! But there's only one server, with several gateways. Dominance is the league you're in :)

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    I accepted! Yay! Now perhaps we can play the game together and I'll have people to talk to... though at this point, there's like... almost no one online. But I have to assume that it's a bad time of day?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I'm a loner and a casual. What would I gain from joining a guild?
    I would gladly dump gems and items in the common stash but I'm not sure I would be of any other use. I don't really like playing with people and don't talk much.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    I'm a loner and a casual. What would I gain from joining a guild?
    I would gladly dump gems and items in the common stash but I'm not sure I would be of any other use. I don't really like playing with people and don't talk much.
    Well, we're not really looking for "use" :) The guild is just a safe place to chat, ask questions, etc. If you've ever seen how terrible global/trade chat can be, you'll understand. It's just a friendly place with friendly people.

I assume once people settle on mains and level up a bit there'll probably be group play to tackle end-game bosses/maps, etc., but it certainly won't be a requirement.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    How do I join?

My character name is "Zanaba", I'd like an invite plox :)

I usually play on weekends, morning/daytime or afternoon on Eastern time (Atlantic, NY/Toronto time).

My Steamid is "curryking3" if people ever want to play PoE, MP is pretty fun and works really well, I was surprised.
    Last edited by rockman29; 27-10-2013 at 01:28 AM.

Invite sent!

Obscure Node
    Could I have an invite? My main character is Havva, a fire witch on standard, level 45. I'm in the US.

I have a question... what is the relevance of leagues?

One of my characters is in the Domination league, and I can't join my friend who is in the Standard league.

Is there a purpose for that stuff?

It doesn't matter much, because we wanted to start fresh heroes together, so I just made a new character. But is there some sort of higher purpose for this stuff?

Network Hub
    Invite for havva sent!

Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    I have a question... what is the relevance of leagues?

One of my characters is in the Domination league, and I can't join my friend who is in the Standard league.

Is there a purpose for that stuff?

It doesn't matter much, because we wanted to start fresh heroes together, so I just made a new character. But is there some sort of higher purpose for this stuff?
    I'd say the two main reasons why these leagues exist are: 1.: Having a ladder-esque system in place keeps things fresh and interesting for people who have been playing for a while - It gives older players and new players a chance to start on equal footing in a new environment with a fresh economy that doesn't suffer from the inflation that you see in legacy leagues (and believe me, it's nuts... standard/legacy especially, since loot doesn't simply disappear, hardcore characters constantly die and add to that, etc. and people have been accumulating wealth for 9 months or so). They also add interesting challenges that are not (yet) present in the default leagues, which brings me to the second reason.

The Four-Month-Leagues usually differ from the normal/legacy leagues in at least one fundamental way and they add 'stuff' that you simply won't find in the default leagues (yet) or remove items from the loot table that you can usually find in those. So apart from being interesting it also is a way for the developer to test new ideas or the impact of some items on the game without forcing those changes on everybody right away. So some of those changes will eventually find their way into the default leagues.

On the same note: Characters created in one of the special leagues will eventually end up in the default league anyway - Once the league ends characters and your whole stash gets moved to standard or hardcore, respectively - So in general i'd recommend anyone to simply start in one of those new leagues since there really isn't a reason not to, unless you have a friend who outright refuses to create a fresh character there, of course.

So in short: new content, some minor changes in available loot, fresh economy.

OK, that's cool.

That's very interesting.

So I'm not in danger of losing a character when a league is changed to normal or legacy or something? It just moves the character into a legacy league.

That's a cool concept.

Yep, that's how it works.

Also, I found this excellent guide for new players in PoE's forums. It explains well a lot of the more obscure concepts, and I think even veterans might learn a thing or two there. I do disagree with a couple of points (for non-hardcore characters, I find there's little to no need to farm before tackling optional areas, for instance), but it's rather helpful.

Obscure Node
    Oooh, an invite would be lovely. Character name is Coaltrane, I've sent you a friend request, Faldrath. :)

Activated Node
    Not sure if any of you RPS chums live in EST/play video games at 3 AM, but am tickled by the thought of not having to listen to rants about d3 in global chat anymore
    character name: moretoes if you want to shoot an invite my way

Obscure Node
    My character name i Avondar, could I please have an invite?

All of you have been invited!

Despite it's Free-to-Playness, none of my immediate associates have decided to pick up Path of Exile, and jogging around the killing fields on my own drags a bit. Figure it's time to broaden my horizons.

Character name is "DoormanOfGod", for whoever may want to hit me up for parties.

Word of warning, though, I'm pretty new to this game. Didn't play in the Beta or anything.

In case its relevant, my SteamID is "iamthedoorman".
    Last edited by Doorman; 31-10-2013 at 10:57 AM.

So i finally picked it PoE up again after not enjoying it too much half a year ago. Feels alot more consistent and fluent gameplay wise compared to the Beta Stages, really enjoying it, although not having any idea what im doing.
    If you dont mind invite me please, ingame name is the same as my forum nickname!

Both of you have invites :)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...f56PqA-tL7Cf5J

post for a discussion on the gchat
    --
    -- V. Don Quixote. Tyler Durden. Donnie Darko. Martin Sillenas. Maynard. Rorschach. You. Me.