Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Most disappointing movies this year.

GO!

My pick would be Pacific Rim and Men Of Steel.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Memory is bad. er..

I think this year I actually wasn't that disappointed by any movies. The last few years had been rather disappointing for me, but around last december/this jan there were suddenly some movies that I enjoyed.

I found Man of Steel, Pacific Rim, star Trek into Darkness, etc.. to be all pretty exciting action movies. None of them were classics, but all of them had some great exciting scenes and no major annoying flaws, so I came out happy.
    My main disappointment was that they all got delayed until September here.

Oblivion was pretty bad, and seemed like it should have been good. But I already heard it was bad before watching it, so I can't say I was disappointed.

Quick, someone name some movies from this year, I'm sure one of them will be disappointing.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm only watching good ones.
    Oh wait, Iron Man 3. But that was hardly disappointing, I knew it will be not for my taste, but friends were going to see it, so I walked with them.
    That's why I prefer going to cinema alone.

PS. I hope The Counselor will not dissapoint me. So far reviews says the movie isn't good , but then, it was written by Cormac McCarthy (he wrote script, was executive producer and had much control over whole production) so it's not for everyone, because it's movie based on dialogues without much pew pew and 'splosions.
    PS2. It's so hard to wait for it, since worldwide premiere was like 3 days ago and I still must wait 3 weeks for it to hit cinemas in my country. :F

EDIT: Evil Dead, Standard Hollywood Horror Movie #24235.
    Last edited by GameCat; 26-10-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    That Sam Raimi Oz movie was shit. The only good thing about it was China Girl.

Speaking of Raimi - the Evil Dead remake is awful. I appreciate the technical wizardry and whoever plays the main character is super-cute... It's a complete misfire though. It has none of the soul and wit of the original. It's nowhere near as intense. It has no humour, and don't give me that "but the original was not intended to be funny crap". It's Sam Raimi, of course it's meant to have some dark humour - you can't look at that deadite with the annoying laugh and claim it's supposed to be srs bsns... And for all the excellent gore, there's nothing as crazy as the deadites melting.
    The biggest sin of the movie is showing what's chasing the main character in the PoV shots.

Pacific Rim was slightly less shit, but a bigger disappointment.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That Sam Raimi Oz movie was shit.
    Also not surprising. A "movie from creators of Alice in YouFuckedUpClassicBookSoHardLand" line from posters spoiled that it will be an abysmal pile of steaming bloody diarrhea turd. This one at least had Mila Kunis though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The Oz film. I wasn't expecting anything faithful or inspiring, or much at all more than a fun action movie to take up some time, but it was so forgettable. Drab, bland, and the actors couldn't even get hammy right, so it was just 'poor.'

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Now you See . This movie opens up into such a immense plothole you could shift the moon through it and back without touching the sides. The problem is that the revelation in the end nullifies EVERYTHING that happend before and suggests that the main character was very much aware of the viewers all along.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Riddick. It just felt lacklustre. The entire movie could've been 15 minutes long for all the content in it.
    mickygor, Battlefield 3
    Otmer, League of Legends EUW
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC

Into Darkness was really badly written, so that was probably the most disappointing for me as I enjoyed the first and it had a lot of good stuff to work with.

Also disappointed with The World's End, felt very tired and a bit uninspired compared to the previous two.

Only God Forgives I'm yet to see, although shame to see it get panned so much.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    Riddick. It just felt lacklustre. The entire movie could've been 15 minutes long for all the content in it.
    Boo sir! Boo! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I thought the opening 30 or so minutes justified its existence because of how well it was done.

Quote Originally Posted by sendmark View Post
    Into Darkness was really badly written, so that was probably the most disappointing for me as I enjoyed the first and it had a lot of good stuff to work with.

Also disappointed with The World's End, felt very tired and a bit uninspired compared to the previous two.
    I haven't seen many films this year, but whilst I do think Into Darkness was bad, I wasn't expecting much from it, so it wasn't disappointing. The World's End was however. That was just straight up poor. Tried way too hard.