Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Also with WWS they've closed Zipper, bigbig, Liverpool(psygnosis) and a few extra studios. There used to be WWS soho and Leamington Spa (I think, could have been Leeds). There's also lots of churn when the PS3 is doing badly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    Liverpool(psygnosis)
    Too soon. ;_;

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karaquazian View Post
    I think for the year or so of these new consoles, pc gamers are going to get the shitty end of the stick as both Microsoft and Sony will be trying to tie up as many games as possible as exclusive to their console in a bid to gain market share over the other. Especially Microsoft as their console looks weaker on paper from a hardware perspective,the way for them to beat Sony will be with "only on xbox" games.
    The console vs. console competition isn't affected much by letting games be available on PC. We're already seeing games that will be available on PC and one of the new consoles, but not the other.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Also with WWS they've closed Zipper, bigbig, Liverpool(psygnosis) and a few extra studios. There used to be WWS soho and Leamington Spa (I think, could have been Leeds). There's also lots of churn when the PS3 is doing badly.
    Zipper and Liverpool are the ones which hurt most for me.

I love Wipeout, and I love the SOCOM series. It's too bad they decided to make SOCOM 4 utter shit...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sony UK was in Leeds, with former members of psygnosis Leeds. They relocated to London, where your money doesn't go very far and most of their devs ended up going to rockstar Leeds.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkura View Post
    The console vs. console competition isn't affected much by letting games be available on PC. We're already seeing games that will be available on PC and one of the new consoles, but not the other.
    Exactly, it's fairly irrelevant for us. We don't factor into the decision very much since we're (supposedly) a smaller market anyway and aren't likely to be persuaded. Sony exclusives are less likely to make their way here though (at least some of the Xbox exclusives eventually turn up).
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.

Obscure Node
    I won't go for Xbox so I don't have the problem. I still prefer PlayStation. :P

The PS4 is pretty much the same shit as the Xbox One. The PS3 is also a little bit better than the Xbox 360 from a technical viewpoint, but in 2 months all games will look exactly the same on both consoles, maybe a little bit higher AA on the PS4 or the Xbox One, but nothing big. In the end both systems are weak and already outdated, but you can't expect much from a console.

Well, I think that PC gaming will become big again in the decade of the "Next gen" consoles. I see this personally in my environment. Many of my friends decided to build a PC instead of buying a next gen console, just because they don't see why they should pay 70 euros for a game when they can get it for half of the price or even more in a Steam sale.

Since the new consoles are built on PC architecture, I can see that more and more developers will develope first for the PC and then downscale the game for the consoles, so maybe in the end we'll have the best version of the game. We'll see what time brings but for now I'm very optimistic for our beloved platform.

The PS4 is pretty much the same shit as the Xbox One. The PS3 is also a little bit better than the Xbox 360 from a technical viewpoint, but in 2 months all games will look exactly the same on both consoles, maybe a little bit higher AA on the PS4 or the Xbox One, but nothing big. In the end both systems are weak and already outdated, but you can't expect much from a console.
    ^I don't even... *facepalm*

What bigotry is this?

Did anyone else actually BUY a PS4? And has impressions of it? Jeez.

My PSN is in my signature, and so is my Steam, so if you bought a PS4 feel free to add me. Got KZ SF and Resogun to play online.

Here are three gameplay videos I made myself from the PS4, using the PS4 OS Share functions:

Flower
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1387924798118071

Resogun
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1387889844788233

Killzone SF
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1387842474792970

And here are some screens from games I made:

Last edited by rockman29; 20-11-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    ^I don't even... *facepalm*

What bigotry is this?

Did anyone else actually BUY a PS4? And has impressions of it? Jeez.

My PSN is in my signature, and so is my Steam, so if you bought a PS4 feel free to add me. Got KZ SF and Resogun to play online.

Here are three gameplay videos I made myself from the PS4, using the PS4 OS Share functions:
    Come to the screenshot thread, we eat that kind of thing for breakfast.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...eenshot-thread
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Yea my screens are going to be terribly compressed compared to that unfortunately! :D

I've posted 1 PoE pic in there I think :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I just did a double take. Thought I was in the screenshots thread and wondered how everyone was playing PS4 games on PC. LOL!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    ...I really want to play Flower again now. Forgot just how relaxing it is.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by SirToast View Post

Well, I think that PC gaming will become big again in the decade of the "Next gen" consoles. I see this personally in my environment. Many of my friends decided to build a PC instead of buying a next gen console, just because they don't see why they should pay 70 euros for a game when they can get it for half of the price or even more in a Steam sale.

Since the new consoles are built on PC architecture, I can see that more and more developers will develope first for the PC and then downscale the game for the consoles, so maybe in the end we'll have the best version of the game. We'll see what time brings but for now I'm very optimistic for our beloved platform.
    i reckon about a third of XB1 games will run at 1080p, where as about 2/3rds of PS4 games will
    PS4 owners will mock their poor xbox cousins
    PC owners will laugh thinking "we've had that 1080p shit on everything for years"

Lesser Hivemind Node

is it me or does that look like source engine, definite CS source / half life 2 look to it

It kind of does, but no it's not Source.

Guerrilla Games uses a deferred lighting engine. It's an updated engine from the one they've been using since Killzone 2 (also deferred lighting).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    PC owners will laugh thinking "we've had that 1080p shit on everything for years"
    And then they'll go play indie games with a retro art style.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    is it me or does that look like source engine, definite CS source / half life 2 look to it
    It's just you, that old dinosaur of an engine doesn't look close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    And then they'll go play indie games with a retro art style.
    Ha HA!
    "Pfft, graphics, it's not about the graphics, it's about the gameplay!"
    "WTF NEW CONSOLE DOESN'T DO 4k WTF LOL PEASANTS."
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    Ha HA!
    "Pfft, graphics, it's not about the graphics, it's about the gameplay!"
    "WTF NEW CONSOLE DOESN'T DO 4k WTF LOL PEASANTS."
    My PC can't play PoP2008 at 1080p.
    Where do I shred my PC Gaming MasterCard?
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?