Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Rock, Paper, Space Engineers

RPSpaEng.jpg

This is the collection thread for organising MP sessions of Space Engineers.

NEW IP!

88.150.145.69:27115

or

Pingperfect: Rock Paper Shotgun #1

you need to be in the steam group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSpaEng

You connect by adding the server as a favourite in STEAM (Servers window) then join by doubleclick.

Note to EVERYONE: if you LOG OFF, you DIE and lose EVERYTHING. no BODY IS SPAWNED. So everything you have in your inventory is REMOVED. FROM. SERVER.

everyone STAY AWAY FROM LANDING GEARS, ROTORS, PISTONS in multiplayer. connectors ONLY work to transfer or charge shit.

if you see NO PVP ZONE, there is no PVP there in a range of 2km≥, unless otherwise specified. (it then says NO PVP ZONE 200m for example)

PVP is now ON at your own discretion. everything goes except abusing the engine or stealing from or destroying something in the NO PVP zone.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 21-08-2014 at 11:13 AM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Network Hub
    So is anyone else playing this? It's awesome fun to build stuff, but the game around it isn't much yet (bit like early minecraft). Public servers aren't great, I've had my ship nicked, been rammed by a giant penis and crashed into an asteroid (ok the last one is my own fault) but I figure a server of non-bell-ends might be nice. Anyone know any such server?
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 10-07-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Cough. There is already a thread about space engineers :D
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Cough. There is already a thread about space engineers :D
    Well it was hiding rather well. So where is everybody? The game's awesome. And very very funny (like when building your ship and someone comes and nicks it, flies off and leaves you stranded).

EDIT: Btw text chat works now. Press return to open a chat box.

oh my. survival mode. oh. my.

And now, finally added solar power. Now if they would only include a suction device to suck up all the minerals you dislodge from asteroids. Until then, installing gravity works too. (or flying a ship into an asteroid, then switching gravity to have a greater range)
    - Tom De Roeck.

Network Hub
    Haven't tried out survival mode yet. Has anyone had any luck finding a decent server to mess around on?

Quote Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
    Haven't tried out survival mode yet. Has anyone had any luck finding a decent server to mess around on?
    I just make my own world.
    - Tom De Roeck.

http://www.spaceengineersgame.com/sp...s-reached.html

It seems I missed an update: theres two bases now for multiplayer? nice.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have this game, and I am just waiting for more meat (maybe NPC's like in Terraria, and stuff like that).
    Its very promising, and I really like the weapons. Don't like how hopeless lost you become if your base is beyond visible range... the skybox is actually confusing here.

I played a proper mp game yesterday, with Tink, the netcode is still a bit wonky, but with the addition of unmanned ships flying through the map, its actually fun catching up to them and hauling them to base for salvage.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Space Engineers on sale for 8 hours more! only 12,33€

My recommendation: with the incoming multiplayer updates (improvement to netcode, possibly factions and working conveyors) this week or the next, it is definitely worth investing.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I played a proper mp game yesterday, with Tink, the netcode is still a bit wonky, but with the addition of unmanned ships flying through the map, its actually fun catching up to them and hauling them to base for salvage.
    Out of interest, what's your preferred technique for that - build a ship with some suitable pincers to catch the thing, or land on them and use your engines to fly them back?

(Also very yes for coming along to play with peoples)
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

I like to fly over without a vehicle and try to disarm the trap, then fly it over to my salvage yard.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yes, I just realised that you could in fact fly them back by climbing in, rather than staying outside! However, landing on them and trying to steal does have a rather Homeworld Salvage Frigate-y feel, which I enjoy...
    Last edited by Danny252; 08-04-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny252 View Post
    Yes, I just realised that you could in fact fly them back by climbing in, rather than staying outside! However, landing on them and trying to steal does have a rather Homeworld Salvage Frigate-y feel, which I enjoy...
    Just remember that there are traps that destroy the ship as soon as you switch on the stabilisers ;D
    - Tom De Roeck.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've not yet successfully grabbed one using my method and flown it back, in all honesty! It turns out that trying to fly something with some very off-axis thrust is quite difficult, especially when it's somewhat larger than my "salvage" boat...

I've not yet successfully grabbed one using my method and flown it back, in all honesty! It turns out that trying to fly something with some very off-axis thrust is quite difficult, especially when it's somewhat larger than my "salvage" boat...
    Yeah, ideally, you have great brakes and envelop the target craft somehow. Something like that takes a lot of time to build in survival though.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah, ideally, you have great brakes and envelop the target craft somehow. Something like that takes a lot of time to build in survival though.
    Hell, anything takes a lot of time to build in survival - just getting something with engines and drills on the front took me several hours first time round! Looking at the material costs of a large ship makes me want to cry when considering how long they'd take.

Then again, in an MP environment it might be quite nice - your big ships would be a real investment in terms of time and teamwork. That, or a really tedious project...

Hell, anything takes a lot of time to build in survival - just getting something with engines and drills on the front took me several hours first time round! Looking at the material costs of a large ship makes me want to cry when considering how long they'd take.

Then again, in an MP environment it might be quite nice - your big ships would be a real investment in terms of time and teamwork. That, or a really tedious project...
    Also remember that the same amount of time you spend constructing heavy armour, it also takes just as much punishment.

However, it would be nice to be able to craft tools or maybe have a large ship weapon that deconstructs on short range. think of all the fun you could have with that :D

I think Ive spent 10 hours making a modified Mining Barge, stripping another mining barge, a mine layer cargo hold and a Business Hauler. I havent actually had to mine so far :D
    - Tom De Roeck.

Hi, chaps!

The latest frontpage article has tipped me in favor of getting the game, but I wanted to ask a few questions first:

- Is there an official RPS multiplayer server? How does multiplayer work exactly? I have hosted a Terraria server for people from these forums before, I probably could host one for Space Engineers too, if there's a dedicated server module.

- What times are people online, generally speaking?

I'm interested in multiplayer, even if it's not simultaneous. Seeing what other people are doing and helping with their plans sounds like fun.

Cheers!
    Last edited by zanchito; 15-04-2014 at 09:11 AM.