Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    gXftcxY.jpg
    dfgdfgdfgdfgdfgdf

My battlelog name is Jiminyjetson. I would like to shoot people with you.

Aw man, you got a tshirt? Jealous!!

Up to 99 melee kills. So close to service star and climbing the ranks. Not sure if this link will work: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...weapons/#melee
    Attached Images Attached Images

My battlelog name is Raitanator. Shooting people in their face has never been this fun!

Network Hub
    Assuming that I ever get the game to run...
    ...kindly add my battlelog ID to the list: Mox_UK

Battlelog ID Anticitizen0ne hope the server fills up soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Anticitizen0ne View Post
    Battlelog ID Anticitizen0ne hope the server fills up soon!
    We pretty much filled it last night :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstons View Post
    Also, having played quite a few games in Commander mode, I can confirm it is spectacularly boring, whereby your main task seems to be to press the UAV button every 10 seconds, and watch as all your squads completely ignore your orders in a variety of interesting and unique ways.
    I dont find it boring at all, and its pretty similar to BF2/2142 commander which I enjoyed.

I find it particularly fun to wait for the enemy commander to launch missiles, and then emp them before they hit to piss them off.

Also, I apologise but I cant afford to help out with the server, but good on you all for setting it up.

Map wise, I think it would be best to include all of them. I also think most game modes should be there too, for variety.

Conquest large can be fun even with 32 player. Does it cost considerably more to host it at 64 player?

Quote Originally Posted by BasicPauly View Post

I find it particularly fun to wait for the enemy commander to launch missiles, and then emp them before they hit to piss them off.
    This is satisfying, but also makes the cruise missle a bit pointless. EMP is on such a short cooldown that each commander is always in a position block the others cruise missle strikes.

Commander would be much more interesting if players respond to your commands - sadly it has always been hard enough getting a squad leader to set an objective in the first place, let alone now having him follow orders from a commander. GOTTA GET MAH KILLS BRO.

If commander orders held large rewards (incentives) and it was made a lot more obvious to squad leaders that they'd been assigned an order, it'd be more widely used. Also, in game voice comms would help (unsure if they exist as we don't use them). If you've got pubs, they won't hear us on mumble.

For map rotation, I think it's worth considering all the maps in every mode and only using the ones which are enjoyable. I.E. Operation Locker is pretty poor overall (conquest, domination, obliteration, deathmatch), but works fairly well in smaller numbers in Rush, so could be included just for that mode.

I'm sure a mixture of maps in the various modes will be the best option and avoids repetition.

Network Hub
    As a commander you do get points for people on the other team using your supply drops which is nice.

Obscure Node
    Please add my Battlelog-ID: der_Zens0r
    Feel free to add me, looking forward for some nice teamplay!
    Last edited by der_Zens0r; 13-11-2013 at 06:50 PM.

ran93r (both)

Will have a look for the server later, just been playing on some random euro servers this last few days and desperately trying to swing the vote away from LoadingCrashbreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei Onryou View Post
    If commander orders held large rewards (incentives) and it was made a lot more obvious to squad leaders that they'd been assigned an order, it'd be more widely used. Also, in game voice comms would help (unsure if they exist as we don't use them). If you've got pubs, they won't hear us on mumble.

For map rotation, I think it's worth considering all the maps in every mode and only using the ones which are enjoyable. I.E. Operation Locker is pretty poor overall (conquest, domination, obliteration, deathmatch), but works fairly well in smaller numbers in Rush, so could be included just for that mode.

I'm sure a mixture of maps in the various modes will be the best option and avoids repetition.
    That's a really good point - it's not really obvious to people, there's no training or real understanding of how to help the Commander or what he does. I've always thought the single player should structure it's campaign to 'teach' people how to be a good squad member/leader in the multiplayer, through a story obviously - You would need to spot for your team, capture control points, defend control points, respond when squad members ask for ammo or heals, repair vehicles, fly people to way points/do evacs in transport choppers, that kind of thing. The single player tries to do this, but somehow manages to fuck it up with a spotting technique that is both different and dumbed down from the multiplayer.

Also, thoughts on changing conquest large to just conquest on the server? There were some pretty fun mass tank battles on Golmund Railway on conquest large, but it did kind of feel a little TOO large at times.

Komus reporting for shooty! (Komus1)

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei Onryou View Post
    This is how I feel as well, a bit of variety never hurts.

Obscure Node
    Just a heads up that I probably won't be on very much the next month or so, been temporarily reassigned.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstons View Post
    Also, thoughts on changing conquest large to just conquest on the server? There were some pretty fun mass tank battles on Golmund Railway on conquest large, but it did kind of feel a little TOO large at times.
    Although I didnīt play with you guys on the server, I always thought that the large maps in BF3 were too large for just 32 people, so most of the time it ends up with a lot of flag-hopping.

Hopefully, I could join you on the weekend. Is this a rock paper shotgun mumble-server you are using?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Yeah it would be cool to keep one or two large CQ maps in there, just so that there is that sense of big ass fights.. Also big sniping.

CQ large is my favourite. :3