Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RapBert View Post
    Same here. Besides, I don't think I'd use the damn thing anyway.

Air Superiority is just terrible. Not getting a kill when you disable a plane but don't destroy it is utterly retarded.

The China Rising maps are quite nice though.
    Been using it just now for the 20 kills assignment. Took 1 round to get used to its range and manoeuvrability but once I got that down on defence rush, my god its so overpowered. Kills infantry in one hit if you land within a foot or so and did 50 damage to a tank which my next one promptly destroyed it. Will take out a whole cluster group as well. Went 24 - 0 best anti recon sniper equipment by far.

Insanely fun too, have a go before it gets nerfed into the ground.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticitizen0ne View Post
    Been using it just now for the 20 kills assignment. Took 1 round to get used to its range and manoeuvrability but once I got that down on defence rush, my god its so overpowered. Kills infantry in one hit if you land within a foot or so and did 50 damage to a tank which my next one promptly destroyed it. Will take out a whole cluster group as well. Went 24 - 0 best anti recon sniper equipment by far.
    Just saw a video of this in action on youtube ... what an absolute disaster for game play ... have Dice just completely lost any sense of making a balanced game? Keeping up this shit and BF will literally become CoD on larger maps with all it's gimmicky gadgets.
    50 points of damage to a tank? Talk about a massive "fuck you" to the engineer and his 21-31 points AT weapons! 2 support guys hiding out of harms way have now become the ultimate AT crew with a potential takedown rate of 1 tank per 20 seconds.
    Like it wasn't bad enough to have a bunch of camping snipers stat padding for rounds and rounds; now we have remote controlled missile support guys as well!
    At least they could have removed the "resupply" option, i.e. you have ONE and that's it.
    Last edited by Mox; 04-12-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Activated Node
    Is it a case of hitting the top of the tank? Does more damage with an AT hif you it on top. I think this should have more been a tool against camping sniper than a anti vehicle device.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxik View Post
    Is it a case of hitting the top of the tank? Does more damage with an AT hif you it on top. I think this should have more been a tool against camping sniper than a anti vehicle device.
    Not sure, My two hits where 1 on the side and 1 on the top. The UCAV is pretty useless on anything other than Rush in my experience as it time's out very fast and its range is very limited. But I'm sure someone will make it work.

Network Hub
    The MBT LAW is definitely an exception to that then - as it for some reason has been nerfed to 21 points of damage despite automatically hitting the top of the vehicle....even so, 50 points of damage to armour from an UCAV is ridiculous; it should at most have the same explosive effect as a claymore, i.e. effective against infantry, ineffective against armour.

Activated Node
    Guided shell and the first AT you get do reduce damage I believe. Top is boosted for the standard RPG, I remember blowing a tank while parachuting down and doing something like 50pts of dmg to it, similar to what you get in the rear. Might have been a case of wonky hit box... *GLADOS voice* Maybe we should do an experiment? For science...
    Agreed on the UCAV should be infantry only, but I guess it will be less an issue in conquest due to the range.

Network Hub
    and doing something like 50pts of dmg to it, similar to what you get in the rear.
    You know it's been a good weekend when you've done 50pts of damage to someone in the rear.
    Know what I mean? Aye? Aye? *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*

And now for something completely different...

*GLADOS voice* Maybe we should do an experiment? For science...
    Agreed on the UCAV should be infantry only, but I guess it will be less an issue in conquest due to the range.
    It would actually be interesting, yes...
    Also would be nice to know if the UCAV gets foiled by active defense/shield on armour, affected by EMP etc.

Range I believe is about 350m which is still pretty damn good and could make it impossible to capture a strategic point if you have 2 support peeps hiding out of sight "remote defending" the flag.
    Last edited by Mox; 04-12-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Map rotation: CQ Large, Rush, CQ, Obliteration, CQ Large, Rush etc... sounds good. At least Rush play both sides. If you ever feel defence have too good a position, you'll get your turn soon enough.

Killer Little Birds/Battle Boats: These appear to respawn too fast, but I also think it's a case of too many available (definitely for the boats) and viable options to use while another respawns (always another chopper to mess about in or steal the enemies). Seriously, being able to steal the enemy vehicles is a dick move by Dice. It just allows one side to stack up. I've played Paracel where one side had 3 uber boats and both scout choppers. Which means the side that lost them hasn't got the firepower to retaliate.

tldr; Dice screwed up balance, so increasing spawn delay to 125% sounds like a good plan. Let's try it.

Defib kills: I haven't tried to do one yet (but now really want a service star for it), but I'm guessing the theory is the same as knife. Flank, find a weak target and practice medicine. :)

Is China Rising only available for Premium members atm?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei Onryou View Post
    Seriously, being able to steal the enemy vehicles is a dick move by Dice.
    I've never understood why they didn't plunder the mechanics from Reality Mod where this exactly was blocked; at least they could give us an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei Onryou View Post
    Defib kills: I haven't tried to do one yet (but now really want a service star for it), but I'm guessing the theory is the same as knife. Flank, find a weak target and practice medicine. :)
    Careful he doesn't counter-fib ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Mox View Post
    I've never understood why they didn't plunder the mechanics from Reality Mod where this exactly was blocked; at least they could give us an option.

Careful he doesn't counter-fib ;)

Quit de-fibrillating yourself. Quit de-fibrillating yourself.

I like vehicle stealing as a mechanic, at least when it comes to running vehicles; it serves as a pretty good risk-reward decision when it comes to bailing out of a 20% HP tank and firing an RPG at an enemy to win a duel. Plus, it results in some pretty interesting high moment when you do manage to legitimately steal a vehicle. Part of the reason why it might seem somewhat unbalanced is that scout helis and attack boats are a tad too invulnerable to foot soldiers at the moment.

You shouldn't be able to steal anything more than a jeep if it hasn't been occupied already, though. Sitting on a vehicle spawn is not an interesting gameplay mechanic, and it's easy to handwave why an enemy soldier wouldn't be able to steal an inactive tank (it's locked!).

Also, my theory on vehicle balance in BF is that maps should either have 1-2 non-transport vehicles per side, or just be a complete vehicle fuckfest. Anything in between tends to devolve into one side having a couple of good vehicle drivers that just completely dominate the map, unless the map design cordons off a part of the map so that infantry can actually do stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Obliteration is fantastic, best game mode since Titan in BF2142 imo. Regardless of if the teams are unbalanced it is a lot of fun. Regular CQ is rather boring I feel but can of course be fun if it's even.

Rush has a lot of maps (Giulian in CR, Golmud, Operation Locker, Zavod etc) where it is extremely hard for the attackers unless they are a lot better, which makes it unfun. There are maps that are good and that require something from the defenders whilst giving the attackers a fair chance.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    I actually dislike obliteration immensely in its current state... too much of a clusterfuck.

Titan on the other hand, was fantastic.

Activated Node
    Finally. Unlocked the pocket TOW and everything for the jet, which means I will never play Air Superiority again.

Obscure Node
    About the map rotation, is there a reason why we run CQ large and not ordinary CQ? We hardly ever get a packed out server so alot of the time the CQ Large maps just end up being vehicle wars in a massive/empty map.

We've mentioned this before I think, I would definitely like to see more regular conquest than conquest large on all the maps.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstons View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
    Ah yes, I see now that you said almost exactly that before me! I forgot to mention Domination though, a bit of Domination now and again can be good fun (As long as you remember the safe word).

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Abberare View Post
    (As long as you remember the safe word).
    Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen ?
    Last edited by Mox; 05-12-2013 at 12:08 AM.

Activated Node
    Ok air superiority sucks big time, how am I supposed to kill five planes in the 5 min the round last? Will try again with passive radar missile but I think this going to be a grind.

Ok air superiority sucks big time, how am I supposed to kill five planes in the 5 min the round last? Will try again with passive radar missile but I think this going to be a grind.
    You don't, you get in the attack jet on vanilla maps and hit ground targets. FAR more doable than the mess that is air superiority. Well for me anyway.