Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DWZippy View Post
    Also, operation Locker is an awful map, and so I manage to amuse myself by sealing all of the prison doors to wind the enemy up as they try to advance. Sometimes if that's going well, I'll lay down the Type 88 and shoot them, but it rarely is on operation locker.
    Locker is the new Metro. It does have more than three paths and a lot more possibilities to surround/ambush the enemy, but especially with 64 players it's just a shitfest.

Obscure Node
    Gah, sorry Hackthaw and Bisto, I'm a terrible squad leader! >.<

Anyone on this evening?

Yeah I'll be on, mumble too.

I sort of prefer metro, because it's a bit less claustrophobic, but I've only played Locker once, and it was a mess of tight corridors and me attacking people with feral knife strikes because they kept surprising me.

I did notice towards the end of the map that you could blow holes in the walls around the big "prison-y" tunnels though, so that's something I'll explore more on the top levels in future plays. Early front-running favourite is probably flood zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

GinBroguesHats, I'll be on after 5pm.

Network Hub
    I'm having a great time with this, in the 5-10 minutes I can play at a time before the client closes down and resets my stats.

Activated Node
    So many cocks. And swastikas, too. But mostly cocks.

One can never have too many cocks....in your Emblem. *nods*

Soooo many.

Cannot play this game at all. Not because I don't have the specs for it (I'm playing High on 60FPS quite comfortably), but because the only time I see an enemy is when I'm already dead. Every enemy is Kenshiro. I am a mountain of exploded (and usually 1hko'd) corpses.

Oh, Battletag I believe is RevolvingOcelot. Y'know, in case anyone wants to teabag me.
    Last edited by Revolving Ocelot; 03-11-2013 at 02:08 AM.

By pure luck I managed to counter-knife someone today
    I literally yelled out loud "THIS IS AWESOME"

Network Hub
    Had some superb rounds today. Thanks a lot, more tomorrow?

Enemy Boat Spotted!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I am very much enjoying this game. However, I am indescribably terrible at it. TERRIBLE. Still fun though.

I like Operation Paracel (sp?) the best. The pacific island type one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodge View Post
    Had some superb rounds today. Thanks a lot, more tomorrow?

Enemy Boat Spotted!
    Yo bro, I'll be on for some games tonight.

Long time lurker of RPS (mainly via Facepunch) finally registering for an account on here after many, many months of procrastination. Checking in to say that last night's festivities were a blast, and I'll definitely be popping back whenever there's a game occuring (maybe tonite but work tomorrow erghghgh). Cheers to all.

(Except bodgemonkey, fuck bodgemonkey and his incessant knifing)

Obscure Node
    Bit of a lurker here too. I enjoyed the session last night, but between crashes and dying miserably I was pretty quiet on mumble.

It'd be great if we could all get on one team with a commander :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I'm really, really, really on the fence about this... I didn't play BF3 much and spent too much money on it, didn't preorder so I'm not getting China Rising for free (is it included in Premium?) and would therefore like to wait for a sale, by which time they may have fixed the balance and bugs, but. BUT. Everyone I know has moved on from BF3 (probably about time too) just as we RPSers had some great games together, it looks like a lot of fun and I do want it, and I have about 200 more than I realised (thanks forgotten Paypal account!) so I could just get it without Premium for now so I can join in then get that when there's a sale.

I just don't know. I know it'll be fun but I also know it'll frustrate the shit out of me, just as all the Battlefields have.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by luaduck View Post
    (Except bodgemonkey, fuck bodgemonkey and his incessant knifing)
    I just want to be loved :(

Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    I'm really, really, really on the fence about this... I didn't play BF3 much and spent too much money on it, didn't preorder so I'm not getting China Rising for free (is it included in Premium?) and would therefore like to wait for a sale, by which time they may have fixed the balance and bugs, but. BUT. Everyone I know has moved on from BF3 (probably about time too) just as we RPSers had some great games together, it looks like a lot of fun and I do want it, and I have about 200 more than I realised (thanks forgotten Paypal account!) so I could just get it without Premium for now so I can join in then get that when there's a sale.

I just don't know. I know it'll be fun but I also know it'll frustrate the shit out of me, just as all the Battlefields have.
    So as it is right now the game's pretty crashy, so if that's going to infuriate you then hold off for a while until it's all fixed and then buy

BF3 infuriated me a lot mainly down to the gunplay being completely awful but the guns in BF4 feel much, MUCH better, especially when playing at 60fps. But as with BF3, it is absolutely a game you have to play with friends, or you'll just end up throwing your 770 out of the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodge View Post
    I just want to be loved :(
    I'm not sure what education you had, but stabbing someone in the neck and then stealing their identity isn't very caring
    Last edited by luaduck; 03-11-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Network Hub
    It was in Essex...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luaduck View Post
    or you'll just end up throwing your 770 out of the window.
    Huh?

I thought about it long and hard and decided no, I won't buy it, I'll hold off. Then I watched a video, rushed over to Amazon and bought it. Oops. BF3's early crashing problem did annoy me and I should've waited, but, well, I didn't. At least it was 10 cheaper than on Origin, right? I'll wait for Premium to get cheaper, though. Well, possibly.

Is there an RPS Steam group or Battlelog platoon (aside from the very dead, very full Rock, Platoon Shotgun ones) for BF4? Or perhaps I can add some of you guys? Please feel free to add me instead if you prefer.

Edit: In case you can't be bothered to click the link in my sig, my name is neema_t on Battlelog, Steam, here and in real life.