Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Yeah same here - just playing for fun, keeping a decent little community going and having a laugh are most important.

Quote Originally Posted by ran93r View Post
    I think most servers require a degree of feeding, in this case it's the RPS folk. Nobody wants to waste loading time on a server with 3 people when they can haggle to get into a populated 64. Without advertising the server on other sites, I can't see it being used in our absence.

Get the rules set and then throw a post up on reddit or don't revive me bro and see what happens.
    Good points, I guess it's not going to happen automatically is it.

So, I got BF4 today.
    Looking forward to shoot some dudes with you.
    Origin: IIAvaaII

Quote Originally Posted by ran93r View Post
    Get the rules set and then throw a post up on reddit or don't revive me bro and see what happens.
    I agree with this. We should concentrate first and foremost on getting a set of rules that the RPS community as a whole are happy with, then advertise appropriately in the hopes of more consistent population. I'm tempted to say Normal is the way forward with some tweaks - as to what those tweaks should be there is more than a little consternation surrounding the choices to be made. Maybe a full survey with all options could get a better picture of what the community as a whole would prefer?

Activated Node
    A survey of all options with a set deadline sounds like a good plan. Democracy works! Unless it turns out to be shit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    It worked fine yesterday without doritos, but it was really confusing when you turned it on and off. Also not used to playing like that at all, but maybe disabling 3D spotting would make the gameplay more careful.

Had a lot of fun last night, even though I did discover that goddamn OHK slugs are back.
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by Abberare View Post
    A survey of all options with a set deadline sounds like a good plan. Democracy works! Unless it turns out to be shit.
    Ask and ye shall receive...

Full Server Configuration Vote Form

Shall we say you have till Sunday evening to respond?

Quote Originally Posted by tKe View Post
    I agree with this. We should concentrate first and foremost on getting a set of rules that the RPS community as a whole are happy with, then advertise appropriately in the hopes of more consistent population. I'm tempted to say Normal is the way forward with some tweaks - as to what those tweaks should be there is more than a little consternation surrounding the choices to be made. Maybe a full survey with all options could get a better picture of what the community as a whole would prefer?
    Yeah that sounds fair. Hard to please everyone all the time but it's the fairest.

Quote Originally Posted by Abberare View Post
    Democracy works! Unless it turns out to be shit.
    That's when we need a benevolent tyrannical dictator to come in and start ordering us all about!

Quote Originally Posted by tKe View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive...

Full Server Configuration Vote Form

Shall we say you have till Sunday evening to respond?
    Nice one. Maybe give it a bit longer to give a few more peeps the chance to see it? I'll post it on the front page too.

Activated Node
    Thanks for the form, very nice.
    Done voted to keep everything vanilla but 130% vehicle respawn. I think the close to vanilla the more likely people will come to our server.

Network Hub
    I would like to see a combination of lower health and increase gun damage. maybe 80% health 110% bullet damage. Means fall damage is less annoying and explosives still work against inf.

Activated Node
    One other thing I thought about, why not have an hardcore night once a week? I would mind it once a week... Maybe that would be a step towards everyone getting what they want.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodge View Post
    I would like to see a combination of lower health and increase gun damage. maybe 80% health 110% bullet damage. Means fall damage is less annoying and explosives still work against inf.
    What I voted for as well. Sometimes it takes a ridiculous amount of hits to take someone down. Although that could possibly invite a shitload of camping snipers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I voted to keep everything vanilla, I have no issue with the default settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodge View Post
    With that you get OHK sniper shots in the chest, I think. Which kind of destroys the game as it is extremely easy to hit someone in the chest from a sufficient OHK distance.

Personally I feel you kill people very, very fast. If you just hit all shots - very easy due to no recoil - enemies die in 0,2-0,3 seconds.
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    With that you get OHK sniper shots in the chest, I think. Which kind of destroys the game as it is extremely easy to hit someone in the chest from a sufficient OHK distance.

Personally I feel you kill people very, very fast. If you just hit all shots - very easy due to no recoil - enemies die in 0,2-0,3 seconds.
    Maybe we're just not as good at the shooty-bangs :(

Network Hub
    well snipers are one hit kills on normal at close range anyway and from most ranges on hardcore, I just think it might be a better compromise than 60% health (I prefer hardcore gunplay) Which often leads to you getting crippled by fall damage.

It's no harder then point thing at man, hold M1, dead 0,3 seconds later in fairly close quarters. This is with all automatics other then LMGs (which have crazy spread).

Making snipers OHK in the chest ruins the balance of the game as good players will absolutely wreck not so good players, from any distance, regardless of the map, all the time, as well as making most win oriented folks play recon. In very close quarters automatics should still win, but see for example the slugshotgunman. It will be exactly the same thing, except not just <20 meters, but one shot, one kill at <100 meters.

I just don't know what guns you're using if you feel it takes a lot of hits. As long as you actually hit you kill very quickly. The only things that are a bit slow TTK wise are miniguns and secondary HMGs in jeeps/BMPs/tanks. They are about half as good as a standard assault rifle, while having a higher ROF, accuracy, caliber and velocity. That makes no sense at all. For infantry, I feel that it is generally quite hard to survive if someone spotted you before you spotted them.
    Find me on the Steams

Network Hub
    The being able to hit people bit is nothing to do with it. Some of us just like the gameplay of Hardcore, which is what you are describing. Changing both bullet damage and health to approximate the 60% health from Hardcore will make it feel pretty much the same but without the annoying fall damage.