Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Great time last night. Lots of fun messabout modes. Sorry if I knifed you repeatedly (you know who you are!).

Hey guys, have not been seeing those of you on my friends list on much. Can I get an add from a few others so I can hook up for shootygoodness. Handle is Muungrinn

Ahoy hoy all, haven't played for a while since Xmas, how about a proper session tomorrow evening for some no/full nonsense man shootings?

Activated Node
    Hells yes. Also Grinn, easiest thing to do is just add everyone from the list on the first page of this thread, although not a lot of people have been on recently anyway.

Obscure Node
    Maybe we should have a vote for a specific day to play?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I'm trying to get 50 marksman ribbons for the FY-JS. I suck at sniper rifle headshots, I might get like one or two 80-metre headshots in a game without trying really, really hard but to get a total of 250 marksman points in a round I have to go out of my way and camp everywhere, it sucks, but I want that rifle because why not.

Activated Node
    Never looked at that before... 50 medkit ribbons, 50 repair ribbons, 50 Marksman ribbons, 50 ammo ribbons. One of those is a bit trickier to get than the others. But still probably easier than the fucking jet fighter ribbons.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Abberare View Post
    But still probably easier than the fucking jet fighter ribbons.
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one struggling with that one .. I have no fucking clue how anyone can be that good in a jet ... I have yet to get more than a single kill in a round in a jet :(

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Mox View Post
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one struggling with that one .. I have no fucking clue how anyone can be that good in a jet ... I have yet to get more than a single kill in a round in a jet :(
    Attack jets in Conquest Large or look for an Air Superiority server with high tickets and fast respawn. If you're lucky there won't be any jet pros who completely rape your team.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by RapBert View Post
    Attack jets in Conquest Large or look for an Air Superiority server with high tickets and fast respawn. If you're lucky there won't be any jet pros who completely rape your team.
    If there aren't any jet pros then there's usually some twat in an AA making life miserable for all the "flyboys"... although that twat does tend to be me ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Abberare View Post
    But still probably easier than the fucking jet fighter ribbons.
    I'm not a pro jet whore (sorry, gaming colloquialisms are horrible) or anything but I found when you start out with the attack jet, stick to the cannon and only go for air vehicles until you unlock the rockets, then go for MBTs and boats as well. Smaller vehicles aren't worth it because they're either too small and fast or they're the AA and they want to kill you, boats are relatively easy to disable but even if you don't disable them, they are slow to accelerate, stop and turn, they also like to park up outside objectives on Paracel and are a little bit arrogant so they don't run away as soon as you start shooting. Also they're not as easy to repair as any other vehicle (except the attack chopper which is next to impossible to repair without dying) and they've got next to no available cover, the only difficulty with them is that they're often targeted by everything so unless you use the cannon you're likely to fire a salvo of rockets only for someone with a toothpick to come in and do the last 1% and I don't think vehicle destroy assists can count as kills even if you did do 99% of the work. MBTs are good too obviously because they're big and slow, but unlike boats they can move in any direction fairly quickly, the driver or gunner can hop out to repair between runs and they can get behind cover really easily, so you have to pick your moments.

Against choppers, just stay above them so they can't shoot you and stay behind them so they don't know you're coming until you've already fired a load of cannon rounds up their behind. Also with scout choppers it seems like their first reaction to being shot is to get low, presumably to duck behind cover, but if you're coming from above and behind them that just works to your advantage because they're sort of moving in the same direction as you are, making them easy kills. Attack choppers are pretty easy as long as you get a good run on them, the hardest part again is that they'll be targeted by everyone since they're a threat to everyone but relatively easy to hit. That can work to your advantage, of course. Transport choppers should be a low priority because they take too damn long to kill.

Wall of text over.

P.S. So I was going about getting those marksman ribbons all wrong, I joined muungrinn for hardcore domin... wait, that sounds seedy, but yeah, I just camped harder than I've ever camped before on the roof of one of the buildings on Lancang Dam with my M40 with 4x scope and canted irons (not that I used them), in the end I got something like 6 marksman ribbons in two rounds so I'm now on 18 in total, 17/50 for the FY-JS. It'll still be slow going but that's much faster than I was expecting.

HEY GUYS!!

I've been playing alot of RTS recently with some very retarded people (Laurzwales)

I am trying to find time to jump on BF4 as Phantom continuously harasses me via steam while in a steam game......

We are also playing random games of Payday 2 just because Abberare likes to let out the pent up, rapey aggression on poor bystanders.

We should set a BF4 day and time, I will then strive to be there and online!

(Thanks to MOX also for a heart of gold in giving me a CD key, which may or may not work)
    "Good design is as little design as possible."
    - some German motherfu*ker

Well shit, if you guys are playing Payday 2 I could totally get in on that if you ever need a really stupid relatively high-ish level (I think I'm 64?) full Ghost guy. I haven't played since they changed the game considerably though so I might need time to work it all out again.

As for a BF4 night I don't know which night is best, but I can tell you if it's friday, saturday or sunday there's a 99% chance I'll never be able to make it. Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday are best for me, speaking of which I hope to get some time in tonight from 6-8 then 9-1am, probably.

Edit: Nope, scratch all that. Not playing tonight.
    Last edited by neema_t; 22-01-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Hey Neema,

I can do this friday onwards if it's anygood? And I am terrible at Payday 2, ask Phantom or Abber as I'm constantly setting off alarms.

MOX:

Thanks for the key, however sadly it is for UPRISING which doesn't seem to have multiplayer. As such if any of you come by a key for C&C RedAlert 3 (Base game) I would be more than happy to buy it off you (For a reasonable amount) and not my arse hole KOMUS, not again anyway!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix_Bisto View Post
    Thanks for the key, however sadly it is for UPRISING which doesn't seem to have multiplayer.
    Arh crap...sorry to hear that :(

Quote Originally Posted by Mox View Post
    Arh crap...sorry to hear that :(
    It's still fun, so thank you Mox (You are a kind and gentle soul!!)

I don't know how those of you who play hardcore all the time can be bothered with it, as if normal wasn't already a massive bag of shit when the teams are unbalanced. I'm never playing it again, at least not Op Locker conquest.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    I don't know how those of you who play hardcore all the time can be bothered with it, as if normal wasn't already a massive bag of shit when the teams are unbalanced. I'm never playing it again, at least not Op Locker conquest.
    Teams weren't unbalanced as such...
    Problem was this one fucker who constantly ran in front of everyone to provoke TKs, then punished no matter if you excused or not, then he would TK to get punished simply because he was helping his friend who was on the other team - i.e. being a traitor.
    If it hadn't been for that one rotten twat it would have been very even - and of course there's no admins to deal with a fucknut like that or any report function...so yay!

Honestly, after I've gotten used to the mini map not being there, I prefer HC a lot more - at least the littlebird with an engineer or two in the back isn't f'ing invincible.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix_Bisto View Post
    (You are a kind and gentle soul!!)
    Yeah that's totally why I never get any knife kills ... because I am too nice and just can't bring myself to do it .. *cough*cough* lack of skills have NOTHING to do with it :P

Activated Node
    Fuck the whole punish/forgive system. I understand why it exists, but the majority of people seem to punish automatically, which really doesn't help the team. That goes for the '"I forgive if they apologise" type I came across tonight, typing in chat is not a good use of people's time.

Also thanks for the jet advice neema, I actually got my ribbons yesterday - using the cannons at least you can see people panic flare, then give them rockets up the jacksy. But then after unlocking active radar missiles it gets a little easy mode, I tend to fire them and then finish off whoever they choose for me.
    Plus this server for some reason is the only hardcore AS server, and is much less self-harm inducing: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...JET-ONLY-MAPS/

We might have gotten lucky yesterday as there wasn't many 40-2 jet pro types about, it's surprisingly fun when everyone is terrible. Plus it turns out the attack chopper is awesome, at least when it's against other attack choppers and nothing else.