Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    I've recently returned to BF4 because of a new graphics card. The most glaring issues seem to be fixed. But I still get the "Game Error: Cannot connect to server" a lot in Battlelog. I'm confident it's not my firewall or router that's causing this. Is this something DICE still has to fix or is there something I can do on my end?

Also, the mortar is hilarious on some Rush maps. It incites flame like nothing else and with a little practice you can get a lot of kills.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mox View Post
    Teams weren't unbalanced as such...
    Problem was this one fucker who constantly ran in front of everyone to provoke TKs, then punished no matter if you excused or not, then he would TK to get punished simply because he was helping his friend who was on the other team - i.e. being a traitor.
    If it hadn't been for that one rotten twat it would have been very even - and of course there's no admins to deal with a fucknut like that or any report function...so yay!

Honestly, after I've gotten used to the mini map not being there, I prefer HC a lot more - at least the littlebird with an engineer or two in the back isn't f'ing invincible.
    Maybe it was just my squad, but I remember a sequence where it was spawn on the squad leader whilst capping C, die, whole squad dies, spawn at D, die because of the guys flanking around the outside, squad dies, D gets capped, spawn at E, die... I broke out of it a few times with my spawn beacon but ultimately I was like a cuddly bear in the jaws of a vicious dog, covered in spit being flung around all over the place yet still managing to look happy... Until I ragequit. Trying to use the SKS was probably a mistake too since I couldn't see if I was hitting my target or not. That makes sense at long range only if you get one hit kills (i.e. if you use a bolt action rifle), then as soon as I swapped to my AEK (talk about polar opposites) I found myself outside being sniped by someone who grabbed the battlefield pickup .50 cal so I was completely useless again.

But yeah, I can't get on with squad leader spawns when the squad leader is even easier to kill than me and the no hit markers thing is just... Why. Why is that even an option? Realism? Please don't say it's realism.

Quote Originally Posted by Abberare View Post
    Also thanks for the jet advice neema, I actually got my ribbons yesterday - using the cannons at least you can see people panic flare, then give them rockets up the jacksy. But then after unlocking active radar missiles it gets a little easy mode
    I'm glad it helped, I'm not a professional jettist myself (I'm 100 points away from the laser guided missiles for the stealth jet) but I like using the attack jet. Most of the time, anyway.
    Last edited by neema_t; 27-01-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    But yeah, I can't get on with squad leader spawns when the squad leader is even easier to kill than me and the no hit markers thing is just... Why. Why is that even an option? Realism? Please don't say it's realism.
    Some of the changes Dice made to BF4 (hardcore and normal) compared to BF3 seems to have been "changes for the sake of changes" ... actually scratch the "some" and make that "all the changes".

What I had the hardest time adjusting to was the minimap is gone on HC (unless you find that one in thousand HC server that has it enabled) and the lack of hit indicators ... but I've gotten so used to them that I hardly miss either one anymore, and to be honest I like that I can hide behind light cover and someone won't start spamming the area with bullets from an LMG until 'lo and behold .. a hit marker ... and then focus fire on a target they had no f'ing clue was there.

However that lack of instrument feedback when in vehicles (ammo count, air radar etc) is just f'ing stupid and ridiculously UNREALISTIC.

To be honest I think BF3 in the end was vastly superior to what BF4 so far have proven to be and I can't for the life of me understand most of the changes Dice introduced in BF4 .... but hey! I guess they needed to justify their new release as being more than just a big DLC...

Oh ... I left the <Rant mode> button on ... sorry

*click*

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodge View Post
    I have put enough funds on the server for a third month as this will mean we have used the donations. I think we should consider whether it is worth continuing it, give it a little bit and see how much use it gets then make a decision on whether it is worth keeping it going. PLEASE DON'T SEND DONATIONS AT THE MOMENT.
    How's it looking? I think I've seen people on there twice in the last month, I don't think it's worth keeping it unless we can get a regular evening or something going.

Network Hub
    Am I the only one having problems with crashes since the patch .. Whenever I join a vehicle as the MG gunner or switch to the MG gunner position (i.e. driver as a tank, switches to secondary position and *BOF!* crash to desktop)?

I haven't tried it since the patch but maybe you could try the Origin equivalent of verifying the game's files? I think if you right click on BF4 in Origin there should be a 'repair installation' option or something. If it's not a widely-reported crash, that is.

Network Hub
    If it's not a widely-reported crash, that is.
    Checked various forums and it seems to be pretty wide-spread...
    Basically...
    Spawn on (ground?) vehicle as secondary/gunner = Crash
    Switch to secondary/gunner seat from primary = Crash
    Enter vehicle as secondary/gunner = Crash

Oh .. and audio on TDM games seems to be messed up too.

Ask EA/Dice to hammer a nail into a pile of shit and trust them to ruin both hammer, nail and shit pile.

Activated Node

Ask EA/Dice to hammer a nail into a pile of shit and trust them to ruin both hammer, nail and shit pile.
    That one happened to me as well. I can't understand how this can happen every single time they patch the damn game.

Hah, at this rate we'll never get Second Assault, since they said they were holding it back until the game is fixed. Still, it could be worse, my brother bought a PS4 just for BF4 - so he's now spent 40 on the game (on PS3), 40 on Premium and 10 on the PS4 upgrade - and now all he can play is 64-player CQ Large on maps that are just too small for 64 players, there is no option for games with fewer players. If I wasn't able to choose 32-player servers I just wouldn't play.

Activated Node

Ok so I am not alone either, when I logon in I get the end of round sound and no sounds from weapons or anything other than this stupid music. GG Dice.

Activated Node
    I had the same problem the other day, it seemed to sort itself out after one round ended. Maybe it only happens when you join a game in progress?

Network Hub
    I had the same problem the other day, it seemed to sort itself out after one round ended. Maybe it only happens when you join a game in progress?
    It's possible, but I didn't stick around long enough because it quite honestly irritated the piss out of me.

What's most scary though is that these are issues that could have been discovered with less than 30 minutes of game play; they're not even particular difficult to reproduce and seems to be pretty damn consistent ... No sound on (first round of?) TDM is a high priority bug by any standard, but "crash when entering vehicle in MG position" is an absolute showstopper.

Activated Node
    I've just had the "enter as gunner" crash. Fucking amazing. How many years have they worked on this game and engine? They couldn't have changed it that much from the previous version.

Activated Node
    http://www.battlefield.com/battlefie...s/naval-strike

"Carrier Assault game mode which is a re-imagining of the classic Battlefield 2142 Titan Mode"

aw yiss

Network Hub
    "Carrier Assault game mode which is a re-imagining of the classic Battlefield 2142 Titan Mode"
    aw yiss
    Assuming that they won't introduce some game crashing bug that'll fuck everything up ... I mean it's not like it has happened before, right?! Right?!

did people decide on a night for battlefield im so out of the loop now im considered a triangle.
    Ayam... what r u doin... Ayam! stahp!! *squish*

Activated Node
    We didn't... Mondays?

I can do mondays, just not this monday. Second Assault is out tomorrow, will people be playing?

Activated Node
    I'll definitely be playing tomorrow, once I've installed my new cpu. Then I can enjoy the grenade spam on Metro on ultra settings.

Activated Node
    I can do mondays, just not this monday. Second Assault is out tomorrow, will people be playing?
    Will be playing but probably next week, have visitor this week. Looking forward to Caspian and Oman.