Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Just a heads up, Second Assault is a 5GB download. At this rate I'm not going to have enough space for all the DLC...

Oh and there's this for you slowpokes and/or pistol phobics: http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/co...t_kit_100_off/

Fuck it, looks like I won't be playing tonight either, the ethernet port in my PC seems to have died halfway through a game I was in with fluffy zombie.
    Last edited by neema_t; 18-02-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Activated Node
    Premium members get two more shortcut kits for free: DMRs and shotguns. Now I can try out all DMRs to find the one that's not completely useless!

Also, Metro still blows. I hope they haven't changed Rush on that map too much, since it was the only gamemode that wasn't total rubbish on Metro.

Caspian Border looks gorgeous, Firestorm has a great apocalyptic feel to it. And Gulf of Oman is just shit now.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by RapBert View Post
    Also, Metro still blows. I hope they haven't changed Rush on that map too much, since it was the only gamemode that wasn't total rubbish on Metro.
    Caspian Border looks gorgeous, Firestorm has a great apocalyptic feel to it. And Gulf of Oman is just shit now.
    I only managed to have a play on Metro and Firestorm last night and yeah...Metro is still a chokepoint clusterfuck despite "promises" of changes to add more routes (Yes, Dice, you did add an additional route or two but you STILL didn't address the chokepoint issue).
    Firestorm .. I never understood why that map was considered so good, because it truly is as boring a map design as possible and a complete waste for anyone not in tank, Mobile AA or Jet (IMNSHO).

I'm curious .. How is Gulf of Oman more shit now than before?
    Last edited by Mox; 19-02-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Mox View Post

I'm curious .. How is Gulf of Oman more shit now than before?
    There's a sandstorm. Everything is brown and you can't see shit.

Network Hub
    There's a sandstorm. Everything is brown and you can't see shit.
    *lol* so "overuse of lens flare" has been replaced with "sandstorm" - lovely!
    Any changes to the actual map layout?
    Do we still have a "sniper campsite of towering hell" in the middle of the map or have Dice at least decided to "levelute" it into a pile of rubble?
    Last edited by Mox; 19-02-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Mox View Post
    *lol* so "overuse of lens flare" has been replaced with "sandstorm" - lovely!
    Any changes to the actual map layout?
    Do we still have a "sniper campsite of towering hell" in the middle of the map or have Dice at least decided to "levelute" it into a pile of rubble?
    No changes that I've noticed, but the construction site is still there. Although the low visibility from the sandstorm should make it useless as a camping spot.

Premium members get two more shortcut kits for free: DMRs and shotguns. Now I can try out all DMRs to find the one that's not completely useless!

I haven't played Firestorm yet, but Metro is still the massively unbalanced meat grinder it always was - I suspect this was for a reason, and hopefully it'll keep some of the less desirable people out of other servers! - Caspian Border is quite cool, I think the wall was a pretty good addition and Gulf of Oman... I don't know, I think I like it but I only played one round there. The sandstorm was a bit galling at first but as the game went on I came to appreciate it, mainly because it means rooftop campers are completely neutered.

Network Hub
    Quite sad, really ... that one of the first map packs hold absolutely NOTHING new and of particular interest.

Caspian Border is the only one of the 4 maps that I might enjoy to play but the other ones are just going to be meeeh x100....
    Was looking through the old BF2 map list and almost ANY one of those maps would be more interesting than what we got here ... hell, if Dice were going for the low hanging fruit then put Sharqi Peninsula in the pack as it's already been converted for BF3 (if I don't remember wrong).. it was and still is an excellent map that allows for some great infantry, tank and chopper combat.
    Oh well...maybe I should just crawl back and give BF:BC2 and BF3 a retry.

Two things:
    - Has anyone gotten the Veteran Battlepack yet?

- Does anyone want to join me later on to unlock the GOL Magnum? Basically let's go to a low population Firestorm or Caspian server and shoot each other from the tower until we get 5 kills each...? It might be cheating but I'm never going to complete that objective otherwise, so.

Activated Node
    I'll join you. I usually don't play Recon or snipe people from any tower, so that might be the easiest way for me as well.

Don't ask how, but Bert and I have GOLs now. If anyone else wants help unlocking theirs let me know when you see me idling in Battlelog and I'll happily be sniper food.

Obscure Node
    Some details on getting the GOL, since the wording can be misunderstood:

On Caspian, you do not need to be at the top of the tower. I did it from the second platform and thus avoided getting burned alive.
    Also, the five kills do not need to be with a sniper rifle. You can get five kills from up there with any gun and then go to ground level - or at least a less conspicuous place - and get a sniper rifle ribbon (for that you need a sniper rifle).

I found this easier with a DMR on the tower, but you can also go with a SRAW for example.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    Two things:
    - Has anyone gotten the Veteran Battlepack yet?
    Nope I still have not received it....

- Does anyone want to join me later on to unlock the GOL Magnum? Basically let's go to a low population Firestorm or Caspian server and shoot each other from the tower until we get 5 kills each...? It might be cheating but I'm never going to complete that objective otherwise, so.
    Damn should have thought about this yesterday, nevermind if you are still available sometime this week.... Will ping you on battlelog.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by The King K View Post
    Some details on getting the GOL, since the wording can be misunderstood:

On Caspian, you do not need to be at the top of the tower. I did it from the second platform and thus avoided getting burned alive.
    Also, the five kills do not need to be with a sniper rifle. You can get five kills from up there with any gun and then go to ground level - or at least a less conspicuous place - and get a sniper rifle ribbon (for that you need a sniper rifle).

I found this easier with a DMR on the tower, but you can also go with a SRAW for example.
    I did the 5 kills with a SRAW, then got a sniper rifle ribbon on a sniper only server, no assignment. This is despite the video I watched saying they don't need to be in the same round and each objective showing as completed in battlelog once after the rounds I did them in. So yeah fuck it I'll cheat.

Activated Node
    So you need the 5 kill then the sniper ribbon on the same run I guess.

Yeah, you need to do both in the same round. I think the same applies to unlocking the DAO-12 but not the M60, at least I don't think it does because my assignments show that I've got 3/5 vehicle destroys. I wish there was an attack jet in Gulf of Oman, but I can probably shoot down two jets in a round with a jet, I just haven't tried yet.

As for the DAO-12, my god, the default shotgun with slugs is amazing so I guess I can do that one quite easily too.

Oh and yeah, message me when you see me online, Tox. I might be able to get on tonight but I'm not sure.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    Yeah, you need to do both in the same round. I think the same applies to unlocking the DAO-12 but not the M60, at least I don't think it does because my assignments show that I've got 3/5 vehicle destroys. I wish there was an attack jet in Gulf of Oman, but I can probably shoot down two jets in a round with a jet, I just haven't tried yet.
    Thanks for helping me get the GOL yesterday.
    I think you need to destroy at least 5 vehicles and get a ribbon as I had two ribbons when I played on Oman but I don't have it on the assignment, just 4/5 vehicles destroyed. To be honest with some mines placed on the street it is easy to get, or just go hunting with the rpg, there are enough LAV and MBT to blow two of them in a round.

Yeah, I just looked at a few videos about the M2 SLAM (because I've only used it once and couldn't work out how to kill stuff with them), they look pretty damn easy to get kills with because you don't have to put them on the ground, where any tank idiot will see them, you can put them on stationary unoccupied vehicles so if someone spawns into it and drives off they will die, you can use them exactly like C4 but without having to detonate them and you can even put them in shallow water to kill boats with. Why was I not informed that these things are amazing? Oh and you can even put them on your vehicle then just get close to another and they'll explode, so if you get desperate you could get in the transport chopper (there's one in Oman, right?) covered in SLAMs then fly low over a tank, I guess. I might have to try this theory out later on.

Activated Node
    Yes you can do that with slam, but also on Oman tank idiots might not see them when the storm is on, I got 2 out of my 4 destruction thanks to slams. I wonder if they would work on wall of building because there are some pretty narrow passages on Oman. In any case they work fine on obvious route out of vehicle spawns.

Activated Node
    Thanks for the help getting the GOL chaps, even if those guys we spawned in on weren't too happy ;) (Although standing perfectly still in the perfect place to get sniped from the tower, on that map, while everyone's trying to get the assignment, is kind of asking for it tbh)