Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman29 View Post
    How similar is Insurgency co-op to Raven shield co-op? RS3 AI was kind of aimbotty hehe.
    Basically, 99% of the time, if they see you in the open and you don't shoot first, you're dead. You need to move slowly, as a group and be sure that you've cleared the area properly before you move on - I was in a game earlier where we somehow managed to miss one guy who later came up behind us and killed the entire squad one by one, it was kind of terrifying. I've seen the AI do things I've never seen an AI do, too; killing through cover (there's bullet penetration and it's handled pretty well, cars aren't bulletproof for instance - in fact hardly anything is, it seems), shooting players in the feet and legs that they can see poking out underneath cars, that sort of thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    That sounds very interesting... thanks you guys :D

It sounds flavoured like RS3 was for me :P

I might pick it up then, I think I missed the recent Steam sale though.

Network Hub
    For full price it is great, if you can get it discounted then all the better, the devs are great at updating the game too. The amount of changes from early release to now is impressive. They actually made use of the feedback they gained from those with early access. A couple of times a dev jumped on the same server as me and asked what people thought.

EDIT if anyone is playing coop hit me up on steam.
    Last edited by Bodge; 15-08-2014 at 11:19 AM.
    www.folkarps.com - The resident Arma community.
    BF4 Platoon admin
    Steam: Bodge
    Battlelog/Skype: Bodgemonkey

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodge View Post
    EDIT if anyone is playing coop hit me up on steam.
    I will have to make a search for 'Bodge' on steam then :P

(I believe I go by Tacsim-mox ... or TacsimMox...or something along those lines, so feel free to add).

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by neema_t View Post
    I was in a game earlier where we somehow managed to miss one guy who later came up behind us and killed the entire squad one by one, it was kind of terrifying.
    They seem really good at that, twice in one game tonight I've turned around for no reason (Okay, running away) just in time to kill the guy who could have mowed us all down.

I wasn't sure about it at first but I really like it - I think BF has spoiled me with destructible environments and fancy sound, but this style of slow, tense gameplay is nice. Plus it hasn't crashed once.

I'd definitely be up for a game, might make a room on mumble and sit in it.

Network Hub
    I am not about at the moment but can do some games thurs onwards. A bunch of the arma guys own it two so we may be able to get a decent sized squad.
    BF4 Platoon admin

Network Hub
    I have recently updated all of the BF4ness and am actually rather enjoying myself getting back into this. Give me a shout if you fancy some organised things again. Steam is the most direct way.
    BF4 Platoon admin

Anybody still playing BF4? I revisited it yesterday, and it actually runs! Too bad all my favorite BF3 servers that have switched over are now requiring all the DLC - not sure if I'll play it enough to make it worthwhile to buy Premium this time. Especially if everybody disappears (again) when Hardline comes out.

Activated Node
    A little old but I think it should still be fine!
    Playing: Pac-Man on my Apex Arcade Machine from Bespoke Arcades

I actually played some games last night for the first time in four months. According to my Battlelog it's something of a recurring pattern; the reports from before 19 hours ago were four months ago, then seven months ago, 10 months ago... I feel like playing some more tonight, too, but my taste has become so narrow now that I might as well just play Insurgency. I can't handle vehicle maps any more because you need teamwork to deal with them and teamwork never happens, I like small maps, normal mode, 16-32 players, infantry only. So far I've only done domination and TDM because I don't know any other infantry-only modes but apparently there are some, I might give them a go tonight. Conquest and Rush, though... No thanks. If mobile AA was harder to use from across the map then maybe I'd be ok but as it is, if you're facing a jet pilot who knows what they're doing and a mobile AA manned by anyone capable to use a mouse you're pretty much going to lose every time.

Aaaanyway. I just like shooting guns at things.

Activated Node
    I have to say, being in the Armed forces infantry, I like shooting guns too..lol But I actually like the conquest mode mainly because I like using the tank and sniping. Not trying to change your opinion on the game, but I would like to give my take on conquest as the type of game. So unlike other TDM games like the entire COD series, the larger map on battlefield allow you to really set up a strategy of attack and with people of different specializations. As lame as this is going to sound, the guys in my "real life" army squad practice on BF4. I, the sniper, love watching them do (correct) room raids, if you really know what you are doing in real life, the virtual world allows for a great practice setting. So instead of just joining on a large map and going to take the objective, I will tell my guys to hold off while I get in proper range of the objective as a sniper. Then I will radio in to our support by fire and tell them to set up from about 400m away to provide high firepower to our assaulting squad. As our assulting squad moves in, I provide in air reconnaissance to the moving squad letting them know who is coming close, any vehicles approaching, and then spot them all so my guys can see them.

When you play like that, virtual gaming really changes and gets very interesting, because all what I said is done in the Army, however when someone jumps out of a jet just to parachute down and drop c4 on a tank, well that is just the cherry..lol

Activated Node
    To add to what I just said, the cool thing about the tank is well, you are your own army. When playing with a tank, I dont really know anything about the mechanized infantry or heavy infantry, so I just go out and do my own thing, often sniping tanks with my tank from far away.

Obscure Node
    Love Battlefield 4 :D

So much so I made a short series of Videos about a Day In The Life :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izkogxGp72o

Quote Originally Posted by fliptheflop View Post
    When you play like that, virtual gaming really changes and gets very interesting, because all what I said is done in the Army, however when someone jumps out of a jet just to parachute down and drop c4 on a tank, well that is just the cherry..lol
    Yeah, I used to be in a clan in BF3 and we had our teamwork down to an art (as long as we were playing Kharg Island), we had a long list of 'plays' for any given situation and yeah, we raked in the Ace Squad ribbons. Then BF4 came out, split us in half and it stopped being fun. Playing with RPS was fun but we were too large a group to get the same degree of familiarity as I had with those guys, which is a shame but it'll happen.
    Last edited by neema_t; 27-01-2015 at 01:57 PM.

Network Hub
    Why is the RPS platoon so dead? Is nobody playing it anymore?

I guess knowing that there is one helps, I applied lol. Though I tried to get a refund when BF4 was closing to releasse due to me paying more for the game than a premium version or something like that. Forgot I bought it poped on one day played a few minutes and it scared the hell out of me how different it feels from BF3. Never played again, I notice some people on the BF4 tab on the RPS mumble though.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodtwist View Post
    Why is the RPS platoon so dead? Is nobody playing it anymore?
    That's pretty much it, yeah. I see one or two people online - playing on their own - every now and then, I myself have a habit of playing a couple of nights every three or four months and remembering why I stopped. I don't know anyone who has BF4 personally, I mean I have Abberare on my Steam friends list but I never run into anyone else any more. No one from any of the other sites that used to have big groups play any more, either.

There are a few people on right now... Playing BF:H, though.

Network Hub
    The thing with BF4 is that if you skip your training day you start to lose, you switch to the receiving side. True story dat.
    I'm experiencing that right now: while I'm trying to get back into Wargame: Red Dragon I've neglected BF4 for just 2 days and already playing BF4 is starting to become infuriatingly frustrating.

Having played a little of the latest Hardline beta, it just reminded my how much I actually miss BF4.
    I just got a little bored of it and I still haven't seen half of what my season pass gave me.

I've been looking for a squad to play BF4 with over mumble or ts - if anyone fancies some jolly co-operation hit me up: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/LdRoland/