Alice: Madness Returns has to walk a fine line.

What made me care for the first alice so much was the exquisitely done voice work, and fantastic writing. I hope they make the voices as compelling as in the first game, as well as do those little "play on words" things that made it so very much like the alice books.

What are all of you looking forward to?

Also: I started this thread because the comments dont work for me.

I really wouldn't mind just more of the same as the first one actually, with little tweaks here and there where needed. Hoping this game delivers an experience close to it.

I really want another chess town section. I can't see why it would be absent but I will still wish for it. They can make it longer while they are at it.

My biggest problem with the first Alice was the jumping. I hope the depth perception is improved this time.

jumping, you say.. http://www.computerandvideogames.com...w-aint-pretty/

"The game lingers on its jumping puzzles, reveling in presenting us with open vistas that require navigation across partially invisible pathways, weighted platforms, billowing air vents, and ever-shifting floors."

"The game tops off its overlong, overly gimmick-reliant platform navigation with heroine-crushing blocks, spiked platforms, and flame spitters."

oh, and watch some gameplay videos. the last trailer was great, the gameplay, though, seems more than dull.

Activated Node
    I never played the first Alice, but the trailer for this one reminds me very much of Psychonauts. If this is Psychonauts reincarnate, I will likely buy it.

I don't dig this one, totally. It's a shipwreck - it's ugly, Alice moves as if she was in a game from 2k4, the combat system looks as if was copied from a poor WiiWare game and the story just doesn't do it for me. It has nothing to do with the Alice I remember and the Alice to the soundtrack of which I was listening years ago almost fapping to Vrenna's efforts in atmosphere.

Now I don't really think that the OST was any good, nevertheless...

Early word seems to pointing to it being a bit more of the same. So if you didn't care much for certain elements in the first game, it doesn't like you'll care much for this one.