Laptop from Razer

Saw this on display at PAX today, probably just a tech demo like the switchblade rather than a real product.

has a small lcd screen and a few led keys that change, like on the switchblade. There was also a regular keyboard with the same things. It looks kind of cool, don't know if I would personally get one though.

Nvm I guess it's a real laptop called the Razer Blade and it's 2800$

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    It looks cool for sure, but how to keep it real cool? Cooling is always seriously problem for computing intensive machine. Even desktop with very large tower case cannot handle this problem well.
    Last edited by squirrel; 27-08-2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: typo

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    meh. laptops should be as light as possible so you can move it around with ease. for proper gaming one should use desktop.

Hence the keyboard, I got a picture of it, will upload in a bit

For that kind of money I could put a bounty on the head of a minor African dictator.

if they dropped the price a bit to compete with alienware then I could see this going far. But as its not and that little touch-pad-LCD-gimmicky-thingy is really going to be doing much. I thought that as I brought a G15 having the little display I would use it loads. But I only use it for seeing who is in the mumble/ts server and checking temps of stuff. Which you would never do in the heat of battle where you must take your eyes OFF the screen and look at that thing. by that time in games like WoW, you'd be killed.
    Official RPS Thread argument catalyst.

The keyboard has promise, pity about the Star Wars stylings. But then given Razer's usual proclivities it would probably look worse without the license.