Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What game do you play the most?

I would have to say that I mostly play Quake Live and Minecraft. What about you? Which games do you play the most?

Network Hub
    Over last 2 years it has to be Counter Strike, I've played a lot of WoW and Morrowind too.. But currently it is Team Fortress 2 with its silly hats :)

this is going to be full of multiplayer games I am sure and I am no exception to that, 466 hours on altitude. 0_o

I do play some tf2 every few weeks but no other online game has got me to stick with it for so long as altitude.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Really can't think of one game that I play the most, being that I am not a fan of multiplayer.

I do have a handful of games that I replay on a yearly, or more frequent basis: Deus Ex, Fallout 1 and 2, STALKER SoC and CS, Resident Evil series, and some others.

Also I spend quite a lot of time on various roguelikes and 4x games.

Quote Originally Posted by 8-bit View Post
    this is going to be full of multiplayer games I am sure and I am no exception to that, 466 hours on altitude. 0_o

I do play some tf2 every few weeks but no other online game has got me to stick with it for so long as altitude.
    I played Altitude some long time ago (more than a year) when there was a free week-end and I remember liking it, but I couldn't see any depth to it. Admittedly, it was a fun game for a couple of hours, though I just felt that I saw everything there was. I was wondering what made you play it so much. Have new content been constantly added? Or are you particularly enthralled by the mechanics?

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Steam tells me I currently have played 433 hours of Team Fortress 2 and 265 hours of Left 4 Dead 2.

I'm a terrible person.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    I do have a handful of games that I replay on a yearly, or more frequent basis: Deus Ex, Fallout 1 and 2, STALKER SoC and CS, Resident Evil series, and some others.

Also I spend quite a lot of time on various roguelikes and 4x games.
    What roguelikes are you playing? I put a truly huge # of hours into nethack many years ago, but i think I'm done forever with it.
    I'd like to try Unreal World. Rogue survivor is pretty good.

I bought the stalkers but haven't gotten far yet, need to do that.

I love fallout 2 with the restoration project mod (more of a massive bugfix than a mod), only recently started a heavily modified fallout 3 game

Killing Floor until recently. Not playing any multiplayer games at the moment, waiting for Red Orchestra 2, but I am resuming playing EU3, which I've spent a lot of time on, despite only being on my second campaign. The games I have spent most of my time on are mostly grand strategy games and first person shooters, though mount and blade is an exception.

I don't usually play the same game for a long time, but the ones that are always on my pc are Quake 1 and Half-Life 1 - some of their mods are still incredible.

Another one that's constantly on my pc is Tribes 1, which I think is one of the best games ever made, even though it has quite a shoddy netcode. Unfortunately its servers are nearly dead, but what would you expect?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Minecraft. I'm currently taking a break from it, but I've played it for about eight of the twelve months I've owned it and I have little doubt I'll get obsessed with it again at some point.

Always wondered which game I've spent the most time on in my life. It's hard to judge.
    Elite on the C64 must be up there. X-Com (Amiga version) and ADOM (Amiga and Linux. I got PC late and Windows even later) too. Starcraft, perhaps. oh, and Battlefield 1942, the only MP game I've really played, but then I did play it constantly for three years.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BenWah View Post
    What roguelikes are you playing?
    Currently into Caves of Qud; has a setting very reminiscent of Fallout - that off the wall post-apocalypse - and a very interesting character skill system. The Humans are pretty basic, but if you make a mutant character you can choose from mutations (like stingers or farting acidic gases) and they evolve as you level up. The crafting system is very detailed as well, and is actually fun to use (I usually hate crafting).

That would have to be Team Fortress 2 for me.

I spent pretty much the entirety of last year playing it, as well as a sizeable chunk of this year. Steam tells me I recently passed 700 hours playtime.

It's going to take one hell of a multiplayer shooter to drag me away from it, I think.

Network Hub
    I'm always playing something Doom, Quake, Hexen, Heretic, Half-Life or Mario related. Doom and Mario especially, what with all the mods and hacks available.

Quote Originally Posted by Doesn'tmeananything View Post
    I played Altitude some long time ago (more than a year) when there was a free week-end and I remember liking it, but I couldn't see any depth to it. Admittedly, it was a fun game for a couple of hours, though I just felt that I saw everything there was. I was wondering what made you play it so much. Have new content been constantly added? Or are you particularly enthralled by the mechanics?
    well its kind of like all the best games, easy to pick up and be half decent but it takes a lot of practice to be one of the better players. a couple of the planes (loopy and bomber) don't require a great deal of skill because one has auto aim (nobody likes loopy spam) and the other causes a lot of easy damage, so I can see why a new player wouldn't find much depth to it. the biplane, whale (my planes) and randa however take a lot of skill to be useful to the team. this is especially noticeable with the randa as a great player will tend to dominate the pace of a game, while anything less than that will be easy pickings. and as someone who has played for a long time I can say that its easy to tell the difference between a good player and a bad one.

I also think the planes are more versatile than classes in other team games I have played, they have roles that they can play during a game but you aren't locked down to one play style. a whale is the best for defence but they can easily switch to attack when they need to, compare to tf2 where you would never see an engineer charging the enemy base. I guess this is because there is a ffa mode in addition to the team modes, so the planes needed to be balanced to suit a number of playing styles.

its also easy to see the team element of the game in action, in fps games it always seems to me that a bunch of people run around and somehow one team wins, but its rare that I ever feel like it was a team effort. with altitude a team not working together is a team that is going to lose, and its always very obvious when you aren't all working well together, mostly because its in 2d and you can more easily see what other people are doing.

I suppose one of the other reasons I like it is the smaller community, with bigger games the names all just blend together in one big anonymous mass and I feel like I might as well be playing with bots sometimes. with altitude you get to play with a lot of the same people, you get to know how they play and how good they are, so I guess it humanizes the names on the screen.
    Last edited by 8-bit; 27-08-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Not counting multiplayer games, I spent about three months on The Sims, six months on Morrowind, and six months on Mount & Blade.

Network Hub
    Dwarf Fortress is my nemesis.

Over the last year or so I've got something like 350 hours in Bad Company 2, 130ish in Shogun 2, about 50 In Dragon Age, roughly 40 in Witcher 2, and quite abit in Blood Bowl maybe 50 hours +

I guess I'm just a sucker for guns, samurai, dragons, sex and dinosaurs.

edit: oh and a bit in Civ V but i dont think I like it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Recently? Sword of the Stars and AI War, hands down. I know you're all deeply, deeply shocked.
    Last edited by vinraith; 27-08-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Usually one of the total war games ends up soaking up a large, large chunk of my game playing hours. I've put 60 into Shogun 2 already, and I don't even really feel I've sunk my teeth into it at all.

At the moment probably Insurgency Mod for HL2.

Over the past couple of years it'd be TF2 by quite a long way.

Ever, that'd be Championship Manager 03/04, to be shame, followed up fairly closely by Morrowind.
    Disclaimer: The above statement or statements are most likely completely incorrect, incoherent and a little insulting to boot. Please disregard immediately and contact the closest person or persons with the ability and will to restore your faith in humanity.