Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Finished my 2nd ever game and we made it back to Sol! Whole crew was pretty on the ball, we only explored 1 planet though, (had already killed both mush), in the end we suddenly realised we only had 5 oxygen and rushed to finish the PILGRED engine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Alright, so there's a movement on the MUSH forums to jump into ships on Sunday. I've done just that and can report great success so far - if you've been put off by inactives, maybe launch another game next Sunday.

Of course I'm a mushroom monster once again...
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Wizardry 8; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon

I'll try and do that, but if my game ends early in the week then I don't think I can wait that long :P

Network Hub
    I jumped last sunday and got killed the same day by a guy because he thought I was mush. He didn't even discuss it with anyone. Now I'm in a very quiet game. After playing Roland, the character Stephen seems very boring, but at least I already caved a newbie Mush's stinky face in.

And I just hijacked an Expedition as a "Traitor" Mush (which doubles the amount of negative things happening to an expedition) and led a group of people trusting me into an active volcano, crippling morale and taking Chun out of action. Of course it also killed me, but I'm a trusty soldier of the Mush empire.

It also allowed me to do the very best social engineering I have ever done in my entire life.

I was Hua.

Preps.jpgSocialMush.jpgResults.jpg

I am still filled with unspeakable glee.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Finished one game with a fairly uneventful return to Sol. Second game looks like it's about to end, it's just a race between hunters and asphyxiation. Not sure if we've been the victim of a clever Mush or lack of organisation. My money's on Mush captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    And I just hijacked an Expedition as a "Traitor" Mush (which doubles the amount of negative things happening to an expedition) and led a group of people trusting me into an active volcano, crippling morale and taking Chun out of action. Of course it also killed me, but I'm a trusty soldier of the Mush empire.

It also allowed me to do the very best social engineering I have ever done in my entire life.

I was Hua.

Preps.jpgSocialMush.jpgResults.jpg

I am still filled with unspeakable glee.
    Haha good work. I just played my first game as a Mush and was really disappointed I didn't get a chance to infect anyone - the crew was so inactive we got taken down by hunters. Playing as the mush is going to be the most fun I think.

Playing as Mush now, the crew is decently active but I still think they're going to die from lack of organisation before I get a chance to cause any havoc. I'm almost tempted to help organise them better just so it can be more interesting.

I'm ready to jump into a new game if we're going to try and shotgun ourselves into one soon.

Nim
    Steam: tryqus

I died when the ship got exploded in less than 24 hours...

I'm going to jump into the next game on Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

My last game lasted into Day 10 before we all suffocated/suicided/got crushed by falling space masonry (spasonry?)

Joined a new one on Sunday, and it's looking good in terms of active people.

Network Hub
    Slowly but steadily I'm racking in the XP and with it come the interesting mush skills. The most interesting has to be the transfer skill, that allows you to swap bodies with anyone you've infected at least once. I just got turned mush in my current game, and some Columbo on our ship instantly knew it was me (tracing the footsteps of the other mush he just killed). If I had logged in an hour earlier I would have been able to go anonymush before the next cycle and no one would have ever known. Instead I'm hiding the engine room and somehow hoping to survive twelve more hours, so I can extract a spore, infect someone and transfer bodies. One day, it'll work.

If anyone is interested, today loads of Mush players are joining new games at midnight. This will ensure (Almost) everyone on the ship is actually an active player. If you're interested head over to the Mush forums for more details :)

Midnight what time zone? (Oh well, I already joined a ship anyhow..)

Midnight UK time - personally I think tomorrow at a time that's reasonable for both euro and US players would have made more sense, but apparently it's arranged this way so people don't "waste" a gold day. I haven't actually had much luck with the Sunday jumps, so here's hoping this is a success.

This didn't turn out to be such a huge success. Because so many people went at midnight they ended up on ships that started the day before

I jumped again yesterday (after finally having internet again), and so far 8 out of 16 seem to be super active, and the rest at least moves around and occupies beds, so this seems to be a decent level of activity there.

Obscure Node
    Any PRSers still playing this?

I've gone through my 30 gold days and basically found that most ships tend to have 1 to 2 of the Critical crew inactive (i.e. those with specific jobs to do) and they make it to about day 5-7 depending how good the mush are/if the humans get an expo going.

First ship as just a silver player, and we had only one inactive, found the mush early-ish (the alphas did successfully infect a third), and we jumped back to Sol Day 13 having completed most of the glory research, with enough plants to produce all the food that we could eat and with no shortage of O2, but low on fuel, decided to call it a day as the waves of hunters and asteroids had started to hit us through our plasma shield.

After that last run I'm trying to decide if it's worth playing further. Gold days feel like a waste because you can't choose whether to use them or not before you find out if the ship is going to active or not. I've seen what the end game* looks like, and it's pretty much put out fires, repair things, shoot hunters and try and find artefacts on planets, so other than trying to find another ship of amazing organised communicative people with maybe better RNG expo luck to get to Eden I'm not sure what it's worth playing for.

*So no mush, pilgred finished, Neron projects all done, all useful research done, all bases contacted.

I am still occasionally playing when I can forsee a week or two of having internet availability not interrupted by having to sit in meetings all day long.

The playerbase seems reasonably solid by now, with one or two inactives at most on the ships I had the pleasure of joining. I had more drop outs in Neptune's Pride games, really.