Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If I'd realised that you had the 'switchable' graphics option I'd have suggested disabling that as a matter-of-course - nice to know that you've found the issue.

I wonder if it's just switching between the GPUs because usage is dropping (you said you were standing-still?)

Obscure Node
    I had the exact same problem recently with a gaming laptop (yes, I know 'gaming' laptop...oxymoron and all that...*sigh*) running a GTX 560M - I could run Battlefield 3 on Ultra with super smooth FPS but Battlefield 4 seemed to break it, it would only run on awfully looking settings and even then the FPS was very stuttery.

Found that Throttlestop program, unchecked BD PROCHOT and I'm getting a constant 50FPS on Battlefield 4 with a combination of high and ultra settings.

Seriously the best thing I've found in years.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The first thing I did with the new laptop was to make sure Optimus was not on Auto. Heard lots of bad things about it randomly deciding to switch cards.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So reading into this, you're disabling the CPU's ability to throttle-down when it gets hot - which means you need to be bloody sure you can avoid it continuing to heat-up, yes?

Obscure Node
    I hear you, trjp. I'll defintely be monitoring my tempatures A LOT more when using this work-around, seeing that it could potentially start overheating. So far, I haven't received tempatures over 69 degrees playing Planetside 2 with High Settings, but I'm that doesn't mean I'm going to stop checking them temps.

And yes, it seems Usage Drops as frequently when simply doing nothing ingame as when I'm going nuts and steering a spaceship through a huge explosion... But why switch GPU because of that? Is Throttle afraid what this 98% Usage of GPU may do to the card in the long run? Like an... extra-safety-thing?