Intruder - SWAT vs SWAT, plus shouting, also whispering.

http://superbossgames.com/intruder/#store

Who will join me, for tactics, for doors, for shouting at one's enemies from behind doors?

I've had a run-around alone and the engine seems sound, the gameplay stable, the game is in all respects rough, but perfectly adequate for fun-times.

I'm particularly looking at you, my Miller-Vanu Planetside comrades, and your SWAT 4 shenanigans. THAT BUT BETTER WITH REAL PLAYERS AND THE DROPPING OF EAVES.

<3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Soundes interesting. What's the price tag?
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

PWYW, $10 minimum. They release it in batches. Last I checked there were a few left. Unsure how frequently they permit new players into this version. It seems complete enough for an interesting game though. Even a year ago it looked fun, but now it's come far enough for me to want to explore it myself.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I came pretty close to buying this yesterday, but as there are only 15 copies left and I'm 90% sure I'd sling it on the top of the massive pile of games that is my backlog until some point in the future, I felt it better to let someone who might actually play it pick it up instead. As much as I'd like to try it I know that even if I did play it as soon as it downloaded, I'd move on to something else then forget it exists before too long. That's just what happens when you have a backlog longer than the list of games you have actually played for more than a couple of hours.

I know your pain and respect your logic. I've bought it because money in their pockets is good, and I truly hope to organise a group to play - though I know it may well not happen >.< Eventually I may have to join public servers! EW! HUMANS! ;-;

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    This sounds absolutely amazing, and exactly the type of thing I love.

However I've instigated a "do not play an pre-release version of a game before that damned backlog is cleared". And am only buying games pre-release if it's in the form of kickstarter (which isn't really buying them anyway).

Will gladly play when out, in the meantime will watch with patience...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Activated Node
    How's this game coming along? There are currently five early access keys for sale.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I picked this up in the $5 sale they're doing, haven't had a chance to play it yet though. We have an RPS Steam group for it: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rpintruder

On a scale from 1 to 10, how early access is it?
    I'd love to play it when its finished (or at least close to it).
    In the mean time a mixture of Planetside, CS:GO and Insurgency should be enough to scratch my FPS itch.
    Steam: Bynn

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I made that group public now if anyone wants to join.

I had a brief play with it today, it seems like a decently functional game, there's a lot of controls to learn but the basics seem simple enough, there were no glaring issues. They seem to have taken the approach of getting the core gameplay functional and fun before adding extras. There's only one map but it's large and complex, with different objectives depending on the game mode.

Visually it looks quite unfinished. Although to some extent the minimalistic look is deliberate, there's a gap in quality in some of the models and textures that suggest they're placeholders. Doesn't look bad though, I quite like the style.

I've been meaning to get into this, playing with RPSers would seem the perfect way.