Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinball FX

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Update fp with profile lines - if you've invited me and you're not mentioned here/listed there it's because I'm not sure you'd want me posting your profile (and indeed - if the people in there don't like it, just PM and I'll remove it).

Any more for any more just post below and I'll update the list

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Now the depressing bit - you start a table and you get "only 50,000 to beat XXX's" score and then maybe "only 76,000 to best YYYs score" and you're flying and then it says "only 24,000,000 to beat..." and you remember your place in the world ;)
    hehe.

I also thought I was doing okay at some tables until I noticed that the list skips names in order to show the top scorers and yourself, so instead of being around number 7 I'm suddenly nearer 20.

Wouldn't mind some more tables, but at 10 Euro for three, they're rather out of my price range. Still, if Zen are smart, they may go on sale after the Humble weekly is over.

Thanks for that trjp. Made it easier to spot those I'd missed from the thread.

So, since we now got a nice little group of players together, how about we make this a little more interesting?

I was thinking about something like this: we take some table that is generally not that popular compared to the others (so the initial highscores are more like okayscores) and declare this table as the main table of the week or so and try to one-up each other and then have a winner after that time.

I feel like this might be a little more interesting / challenging, since it is a more concrete goal to work for. Or maybe something different, I'm sure you guys can come up with a good idea ;)
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I was thinking about something similar. It'd be nice to focus a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirbelwurm View Post
    So, since we now got a nice little group of players together, how about we make this a little more interesting?

I was thinking about something like this: we take some table that is generally not that popular compared to the others (so the initial highscores are more like okayscores) and declare this table as the main table of the week or so and try to one-up each other and then have a winner after that time.

I feel like this might be a little more interesting / challenging, since it is a more concrete goal to work for. Or maybe something different, I'm sure you guys can come up with a good idea ;)
    I like the sound of that. I'd be up for it.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Skeletor68

I am still at the 'stop the balls going down the hole, wait what did that superhero say, which ones are the flashing lanes?' stage.

Really enjoying the Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet and World War Hulk tables so far.

Might be tempted to get the rest of the Marvel ones if they go on sale on Steam. Fingers crossed for a Star Trek or X-Files addition to the tables sometime soon, haha.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    Fingers crossed for a[n] X-Files addition to the tables sometime soon, haha.
    Did you play Paranormal?

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Did you play Paranormal?
    Only a quick few minutes when giving a look across the range of tables. It won't be the same without a Duchovny or Anderson looking back at me though :)

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    Oh, and I seem to be one of the unlucky peeps for whom Spiderman is hopelessly bugged, and I wish that was a terrible joke because I really liked what I saw of that table. But nope; ball gets permanently stuck on one of the missions
    Have you disabled VSync (globally or specifically for this game) by any chance? A lot of those physics-related glitches seem to be caused by very high framerates and people affected by issues like this seem to have disabled VSync more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    Which table would anyone recommend to start with?
    If I may suggest a table outside of those included in the Humble Bundle, Ms. Splosion Man is the easiest table I've come across so far by a country mile. I've reached (and beaten) wizard mode in my first 90 minute session with the table. That is, if you can stand the theme - lots of pink and silvery-white, over-the-top voice samples and so on. Very fun to play, nonetheless, and a good choice for the pinball novice IMO.

I also like the idea of a weekly/monthly table quite a bit. This might be similar to what Zen Studios had in mind with their "Tournaments" but seemingly they've never got around to realize that particular feature (yet).

On a sidenote, I *think* I have added each and everyone who posted in this thread so far - good luck hunting down those high scores, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    If I may suggest a table outside of those included in the Humble Bundle, Ms. Splosion Man is the easiest table I've come across so far by a country mile. I've reached (and beaten) wizard mode in my first 90 minute session with the table. That is, if you can stand the theme - lots of pink and silvery-white, over-the-top voice samples and so on. Very fun to play, nonetheless, and a good choice for the pinball novice IMO.

I also like the idea of a weekly/monthly table quite a bit. This might be similar to what Zen Studios had in mind with their "Tournaments" but seemingly they've never got around to realize that particular feature (yet).
    Thanks for the advice, I'll take a look at it. I'd be up for a group competition, focusing on one table might actually help me improve...
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Great idea, folks. Here's my link as well: http://steamcommunity.com/id/purex_/

Be on the lookout for an invite! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoJellyfish View Post
    Ms. Splosion Man.....That is, if you can stand the theme - lots of pink and silvery-white, over-the-top voice samples and so on.
    If we must, but ouch, no kidding. So shouty and dayglo pink I couldn't finish the free few minutes because of the headache. One of the few tables I didn't buy in the last Steam sale. I'll need to have a few beers and try it when less tired and grumpy :)

For maximum inclusiveness, would be better to start with one of the Humble pack tables and move on to others after people have had chance to get them in cheap in the next Steam sale. I'd be surprised if there isn't a 50 or 75% off at either Christmas or the Autumn/Thanksgiving one (this week if Reddit leak is to be believed).

Quote Originally Posted by Stirbelwurm View Post

That sounds like a jolly good idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbick View Post
    That sounds like a jolly good idea to me.
    I'm in too, though I doubt anybody will notice; any high scores on my part are purely accidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Similar View Post
    any high scores on my part are purely accidental.
    Only explanation I have for being fourth on Iron Man table. I'm guessing it's not been played much (it's not like my score is anything special...) I like the table though, it's not too complicated (only 3 flippers to think about), but I need to keep the ball alive longer once Iron Man has his suit on!
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    Only explanation I have for being fourth on Iron Man table. I'm guessing it's not been played much (it's not like my score is anything special...) I like the table though, it's not too complicated (only 3 flippers to think about), but I need to keep the ball alive longer once Iron Man has his suit on!
    yeah, me too. I tend to screw up once I get him suited. I did just complete the Mandarin thing for the first time and so accidentally beat your score, but after that I kept hitting the wrong things.

I kind of like that table too, except for the voice clips (they seem a bit off once you've watched the movies), and I also tend to get stuck in cycles where I can't get the ball off the center of the table, just keep hitting bars and corners and stuff. Though, I get those on a few other tables too.

Alright, since there seems to be some support for this idea, how about we start with a test round and see how it goes?

Here it comes:

Table of the week (weak?) #1:
    V12

According to my highscore list, this is one of the lesser played tables and the highscore is quite low (both have a reason I suspect). As of right now, the top scorer in my list, Surgeon J, has 4,540,500 points.

I'd say we let the first round run until the end of the week and see on how to continue from there. So, the deadline is now sunday, the 1st of december, 24:00 GMT.

Whoever holds the highest score at that point, is the official winner of the first round.

I'd also like to ask trjp to update the first post, so people can find this information more easily.

So ladies and gentlemen, I wish you good luck and fast fingers, may the best flipperer win ;)
    My Steam profile

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    You mean the table "designed for the more hardcore Pinball players"? ;)

I've already been cursing and cussing a lot at V12 today. I can't seem to keep a good momentum for the ball and it apparently LOVES to dip down the side lanes.
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 26-11-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Hehe, I've played only once on this table and found it kinda hard, but just assumed, that I needed to practice more. Well, seems like it's a real challenge then ;)
    My Steam profile