Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinball FX

Can't get to grips with this table at all. Not got anywhere near my starting score, and that was got when the Bundle was first purchased.

kinglug / Jim Hamilton did it again, he won our 6th weekly challenge!

With his 219,508,000 he managed to get the top spot again, not so far away from Chaosmaster. This time kinglug managed to get the global #42 and Chaosmaster is only 5 places behin him.

This week was kinda tough for me, not because the table was too hard, but rather because I knew I could get more points, but the game just wouldn't give them to me! Well, anyway, another challenging week and it was fun again for me. Without these competitions I would have stopped playing this game weeks ago, so thanks for participating ;)

I couldn't catch kinglug today, so the next table has yet to be determined. I'll post again, when he decided.
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

Didn't get much time on this table unfortunately as it is quite a nice one, but happy to scrape into the top ten. Congrats to Jim!

Thank you.

Sorry I was not around yesterday. How about some Rome? I hear good things about the table but my scores are all pretty dreadful so would be a nice challenge to try and improve.

Alright then, the initial score is quite low on this table, so why not?

Here we go:

Table of the week #7:
    Rome

The next round will last until
    sunday, the 19th of january, 22:00 GMT.
    My Steam profile

BTW for any of those who completed the Book of Tales on the Pasha table; Steam informs me that only 0.07% of people have the achievement - well done to you!

Wow, Rome is tough. I can barely scrape a million! I really liked Pasha (possibly my favourite table) as I could get a nice rhythm going and have a good time, even if my score wasn't much to rave about. With Rome though, it's all so frustrating - awkward bounces and that sink hole under the head that fires the ball back just about onto the right side flipper. I'll persevere, but so far its down there with V12 in my opinion!
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Yeah, if you don't manage to hit the waterslides right (or whatever they are) and the ball rolls down, right in the middle of your paddles. You can catch it, but it's a really close call and only if you manage to guess the right side. I had a hard time even increasing my highscore (and that was also only about 20k more points) and then I see that we already have a really high score on the top again ... ;)
    My Steam profile

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    With Rome though, it's all so frustrating - awkward bounces and that sink hole under the head that fires the ball back just about onto the right side flipper.
    In that case, just perform a "dead flipper pass", i. e. do nothing: the ball will bounce off the right flipper and land comfortably on the left one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stirbelwurm View Post
    Yeah, if you don't manage to hit the waterslides right (or whatever they are) and the ball rolls down, right in the middle of your paddles.
    Yupp, especially the right ramp is a royal pain in the butt and seems to be the cause for drains at least 80 % of the time.

Just an FYI, the Romulus Multiball seems key to scoring high on this table: It's a 2-ball multiball mode with a completion reward counting down from 100 millions (!) and it seems possible to even increase it by hitting certain ramps/orbits (?). To activate it, just hit the left sinkhole until you've collected all of the "ROMULUS" letters and then shoot the right ramp to get the ball up to Jupiter. You'll have to hit the captive ball a few times until the Janus head is rotated 90 to the left and then hit it with the top left flipper to actually collect the reward.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    In that case, just perform a "dead flipper pass", i. e. do nothing: the ball will bounce off the right flipper and land comfortably on the left one.
    Nudging the table up is a good and safe way to pass an incoming ball from one flipper to the other as well.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    Nudging the table up is a good and safe way to pass an incoming ball from one flipper to the other as well.
    Yes, of course. The method described above, however, is also useful to avoid losing the ball when shot back from the Janus sinkhole (and not necessarily intended as a way of passing the ball).

Well, this was a tough table again, this week but ChaosMaster prevailed and got the highscore this week! I believe he even managed to do that on the first day.

Together with Don_himself he left the rest of us way behind with his 144,466,350 points. I assume this was because of the Romulus multiball? Anyway, congratulations, you earned it this time ;)

Also, since I missed him by mere minutes, we'll have to wait again, until Chaosmaster decided on the next table.
    My Steam profile

Well done to the top two, a class apart this week. After initially writing this table off, I warmed to it. Yes, the ball flashing down the central drain caused more than a few teeth gnashing moments, but I felt the table rewarded accurate play. In fact, this is the only table I've improved steadily on throughout the week. On all the others I've got my best score in the first few days, but on Rome I got better and better, with my best score on Sunday.

Thx the next table is Epic Quest.

Network Hub
    I'd like to participate in this little competition. I don't know that I'll be particularly competitive, seeing the scores you badasses are posting, but it'll be fun nonetheless. Here is my Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kstress71

Alright, lets make it official:

Table of the week #8:
    Epic Quest

sunday, the 26th of january, 22:00 GMT.

Group announcement

@kstress71: Sure thing, I just added you. Feel free to also join the steam group (link in my signature), so you can easily see everyone that's there already and the current and past tables!
    My Steam profile

What's that? No new post since the last announcement? If it weren't for the constant crazy improvements on the table of the week, I'd think no one is interested anymore ;)

Well, one of our top players did it again: congrats to kinglug / Jim Hamilton!

It was a fierce duel again this week. Since I'm tired today, I'll just stick to the facts now ;)

Table of the week #9:
    El Dorado

sunday, the 2nd of february, 22:00 GMT.

Group Announcement

Enjoy the challenge!
    My Steam profile

Congrats to Kinglug again. I really enjoyed the table but seemed to spend a lot of time not really achieving much!

As a matter of interest, what camera position do people use? I've settled on camera 7 as I like the way it follows the ball and shifts focus around.

Thanks!

I use a 26 inch monitor rotated to portrait mode with view 1 or view 1w. This means the camera doesn't really change much during the course of gameplay apart from if it zooms in super-close for a ball launch or a special shot - it seemed to get periodically confused on Epic quest when zooming into the Orcanium shot.

The downside is it never shows me any of the stuff around the table, like the carpet and props etc.

I also stick to 1, since I can't stand the camera moving around all the time. The only time that I changed the camera was on Pasha. I think it was 2 that I used. It's the static view which is more top down. I did it on that table, so I had a better view of the top right paddle, which was mostly hidden in the 1-view.
    My Steam profile