Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinball FX

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hamilton View Post
    Thanks!

I use a 26 inch monitor rotated to portrait mode with view 1 or view 1w. This means the camera doesn't really change much during the course of gameplay apart from if it zooms in super-close for a ball launch or a special shot - it seemed to get periodically confused on Epic quest when zooming into the Orcanium shot.

The downside is it never shows me any of the stuff around the table, like the carpet and props etc.
    Cool pro tip - monitor in portrait mode! I used 1 or 1w mostly until I was sucking so bad at one of the early tables (doesn't narrow it down much) and I tried a few of the others out of desperation. Now I use 7 all the time. I should probably go back and try a static one now that my skills have improved so much (ahem).
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

I agree with Stirbelwurm; the moving camera is horrible. I think I changed it on World War Hulk but have otherwise stuck with the default.

Haven't played this week, think I'll go rectify that now.

With this, now the ninth week comes to a finish. I honestly didn't think it would last that long, but there you go! Although not many people still post here, at least some of them are still playing for the highscores ;)

We got a close finish this week, but in the end kinglug prevailed again!

Although he scored first with his 148,732,005 points, kinglug decided to choose the table that AngoraFish originally wanted to play next on. So, here we go:

Table of the week #10:
    Iron Man

The next round will last until
    sunday, the 9th of february, 22:00 GMT.

Group Announcement

Have fun!
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

I forgot to play at all this week! And I kept forgetting to ask which views people used, so glad that Blackice did. I tend to stick with 1 as the camera-moving ones give me a headache after a while. It has made me think about getting a newer screen which I could tilt!

I'm having mixed feelings about Iron Man - The general mechanics are enjoyable, the main missions are easy to get started and satisfying to complete. But there are far too many ways to get the ball pinging back at the flippers at high speed, and I just don't have the reflexes to save it. If only I could get a couple of good goes on more than one ball I'd post a much better score!

Still loving the game, and these challenges are great, hope enough people continue to play to keep this alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    I'm having mixed feelings about Iron Man - The general mechanics are enjoyable, the main missions are easy to get started and satisfying to complete. But there are far too many ways to get the ball pinging back at the flippers at high speed, and I just don't have the reflexes to save it. If only I could get a couple of good goes on more than one ball I'd post a much better score!

Still loving the game, and these challenges are great, hope enough people continue to play to keep this alive!
    I've been distracted with playing Dota online with my brother now that he has a laptop.Also, Banner Saga and an itching for X-Com. I'm with you in spirit though guys. I'll probably drop back in again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    I haven't played for quite a while, but it's not because I've dropped the game, just had other things to do, and I'm sure I'll start playing again.
    Not that it matters for the high scores, mind you; I'm pretty certain I couldn't get anywhere near them.

Another week, another victor! This time he actually manage to get in first in the end: congratulations to AngoraFish!

With his 48,203,127 points was the best this week. It wasn't quite that easy, although starting missions etc wasn't that hard, keeping the ball in play actually was.

Anyway, on to the next challenge!

Table of the week #11:
    Star Wars - Boba Fett

sunday, the 16th of february, 22:00 GMT.

Group Announcement

Have fun!
    My Steam profile

Since we are now half-way through the bundle tables, I think we could start asking ourselves, if we want to expand the challenges to all tables. With the help of the enhanced steam plugin I can see, that about 20 players own nearly all the tables available. About 40 own the humble bundle tables.

Now the question is, do the still active players also own the other tables? There are still 11 eleven tables from the bundle left, so there still is some choice, but I think the favourite ones have been picked already.

So I want to hear what you guys think: expand to all tables or stick to the ones from the humble bundle?

I also listed all the tables from the bundle that are left, in one of my posts.
    My Steam profile

Congrats to Angorafish, finally top after being so close last week. I managed to complete two missions for the first time last night, so scraped into the top 10 with 16mil. The voice-over was really starting to grate, Iron Man really is an arrogant dick! So glad to be moving on to the next table.

@Stirbelwurm - I'm happy to play any table, after the Steam sale I have them all apart from the recently released Dr Strange.

My friends list is only showing 14 players in the last two weeks (and 5 of those played for less than an hour), suggesting the others have largely buggered off.

Also, Spider Man is unplayable for me due to bugs, so that rules me out that week.
    Last edited by AngoraFish; 10-02-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Congrats on your win!

Agree with the proposals - looking forward to the new Soccer table coming out....

I always catch my prey...except when trying to get into my ship, drain in an outline and then whip myself into a different drain :)

Happy to expand to any table - only a couple I don't own after the Steam sale. DOTA 2 event has been draining my time lately, but about to give this week's table a run.

AngoraFish is going strong, congrats!

You could, that he really earned, being the only one to beat the highscore and all, with his 137,910,320 points. Challenge indeed.

I think it's time for a new one!

Table of the week #12:
    World War Hulk

sunday, the 23th of february, 22:00 GMT.

Group Announcement

Good luck!
    My Steam profile

After a little over a month of nerve-wracking exams and (mostly) quick bursts of temporary insanity (apologies to all of those in my friends list who might have caught the horror show :P), I am back to into the competition, supplying my completely unsubstantial and unimpressive scores to the leaderboard!

I liked this last table quite a bit (despite having spent only about an hour on it), especially the straightforward bounty missions. World War Hulk happens to be one of my favourite tables, which means I'll definitely be putting some effort into this week's round. Good luck and have fun, everyone!

Hmm, I might try and pop back for this table too!

Haha, oh damn. AngoraFish really wants to crush everyone right from the start this time. This score is crazy!

How did you do that?
    My Steam profile

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I haven't been playing this at all recently as I've been working on my backlog. I'll keep it installed though, as I'm sure the itch to play will strike again.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Stirbelwurm View Post
    Haha, oh damn. AngoraFish really wants to crush everyone right from the start this time. This score is crazy!

How did you do that?
    LOL. The last time I hit an early score in the top 30 overall (Blade), I was ultimately still crushed by three other group members by the end of the week.

For many tables there is a trick that significantly extends game length once you cotton on. Last week the trick was to hold down the left playfield flipper to keep the ball out of the left drain, which was otherwise far too easy to hit.

I have not found that there is any particular trick to the Hulk table. The vast bulk of shots are lucrative in one way or another, and there's no real reason not to focus on simply keeping the ball in play.

335mb. update, which apparently is due to some new football themed tables, but I can't see that any trials or anything have been added.