Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinball FX

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Yeah, V12 is my least favorite table of the Humble Bundle pack. I guess now I'll play it some more.

Thanks to trjp for updating the first post with everybody's ID. I sent you that PM before noticing you've already made the changes.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    It just appears to be very unforgiving. Also that left lane. #S$%!

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    I think V12 is generally regarded as the least liked table in all of Zen's line-up... Oh well, best to get it out of the way early, I suppose (hopefully, it won't scare off beginners).

Ok I'm in. Prepare to see my name at the bottom of the list and not move at all!

Well, I'm sorry guys, I didn't know it was that bad :/

But yeah, treat it as a test, just to see how things turn out. Better with such a table, so we don't 'waste' it on an actually good one ;)

But the thing is, if people actually like a table, it's pretty likely that the initial highscores are already pretty high and if noone can actually improve the highscore, it's also no fun, soooo ...

It'd be nice to have a way to start anew with the scores, for these kind of things.
    My Steam profile

The pun-less, but not fun-less RPS Pinball Steam group

But the thing is, if people actually like a table, it's pretty likely that the initial highscores are already pretty high and if noone can actually improve the highscore, it's also no fun, soooo ...
    Make it two competitions: One's for the highscores made within the week (which should apply to most of us), the other to beat existing highscores if they are absurdly high. People with very high existing highscores can supply screenshots if they want to "compete" in the former.

@ trjp:
    can you add http://steamcommunity.com/id/wolfenswan to the list in the OP? cheers

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    It just appears to be very unforgiving. Also that left lane. #S$%!
    It is pretty evil. The scoring is also a bit confusing; I got 1+ million very quickly in one game and I have no idea how (it wasn't by doing 'missions', as far as I could tell).
    The extra flippers are rather hard to use too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    Make it two competitions: One's for the highscores made within the week (which should apply to most of us), the other to beat existing highscores if they are absurdly high. People with very high existing highscores can supply screenshots if they want to "compete" in the former.

@ trjp:
    can you add http://steamcommunity.com/id/wolfenswan to the list in the OP? cheers
    I guess that's a way on how you could do it. It's takes more effort, but if that's our only option on the popular tables, then it's fine I guess.

I just played on the V12 table again and damn ... it really is annoying to play on. But on the plus side: I actually got the top score now :)
    I got half of those points from a single combo, so it seems worthwhile to try those.
    My Steam profile

I'm in first place so far but it's not a great score so it won't last.

It really is a tough table though!

I somehow got 5 Million from doing something and now I'm second place, about 800k behind sprocker/peteC. What a strange table.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hah. I was like 'don't pick V12, don't pick V12' and then I saw that you had and I was like 'so! A challenge, eh? Have at it, sir/madam/other!'. I look forward to languishing cheerfully at the bottom of the table.

I'm done with this table for now. I can see how you can get high scores if you manage to do aimed shots repeatedly (ramps, suspension) but atm. my skill in that regard is about on par with my ability to juggle flaming swords.

My entire score came from 3 lucky hits, everything else is just a trickle of a few thousand points.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thread up-to-date again I think - there are others who've invited me through Steam but if they don't post here I don't list em as they may not want me to!

As for V12 - I started on that table and it's horrible. The left-lane needing to be caught on the flipper but if you're a bit late you won't be able to trap the ball and you'll lose it center - horrible. It's also completely resilient to 'lucky scores' - I played about 30 games when I first started and my score was around the same every time (most tables will throw-you-a-lucky-bone in that time)

Also the cars and sounds are all V8s - the USA isn't known for V12s (UK and German engines mostly) - it's very odd :)

Hmmm, V12 - After a couple of rubbish goes (less than 500k each time), I finally managed to string enough good shots together to get into 3rd (at the time anyway). Not managed to hit with the top flipper at all yet! Not the best table I've tried but I've enjoyed it so far. Downloaded a guide which I'll read later, before having another crack tomorrow.
    Steam : pngblackice
    Raptr : pngblackice

Yeah, go on, you can chuck me in on this. Even though, y'know, V12. Dear me.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times

Well, we can change the table if you guys want, it's meant to be fun in the end. I don't want to hurt anybody :P
    My Steam profile

V12 - not the biggest fan of the table and that fairly generic rock music in the background annoys me.

RE: trjp's post - I can't help but feel the table would be improved with a German announcer saying things like "Fantastisch"

I was fifth there for a minute!

Quote Originally Posted by Stirbelwurm View Post
    Well, we can change the table if you guys want, it's meant to be fun in the end. I don't want to hurt anybody :P
    Hah. We'd have to get round to it at some point anyway so might as well do it now, eh?
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times

We're not changing tables while I'm still in first place!