Obscure Node

(Kickstarter) Windforge - Build an airship to hunt whales

And then build another blimp out of dead whales. I'm serious.

Hey everybody, if you follow the articles here on RPS then you probably saw a few articles about Windforge, a 2D sandbox game that takes place on a world of floating islands and cities. Here's the latest one from a few weeks ago by John Walker: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...-in-windforge/

If that's the case, you know they're running a Kickstarter. I'm helping out with the campaign, and just wanted to announce that the campaign is just over 50% funded with 4 days to go. It seems like a long shot, except that pledges started spiking hard since Thanksgiving and we've suddenly got lots of momentum. If this generosity continues, we may just make the goal.

If you haven't checked it out yet, know that you can build airships out of anything (like dead whales) and into anything (like Toronto Mayor Rob Ford.) We also tried our best to make the backer rewards really awesome.

The Kickstarter page is here. Please take a look. Thanks!
    Last edited by Fragsteel; 02-12-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Yeah the whole whale oil thing is pretty wacky. Looks like Contra with a huge sandbox component, very niche but I'd be surprised if there weren't action/platformer fans around here looking for something new. Pledged a bit for the sake of niche gaming and Megaman nostalgia (don't judge me). Good luck with that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    congrats! I just found out about this project 3 minutes ago, too late to look into it, but just in time to watch the countdown and see it meet its funding goals -- which was an exciting game in its own right!
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

OH I wish I'd seen this sooner! I just missed it >.< Me want, are you taking post kickstarter buy ins?