Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Go kick it off, I'd say! Better to do something than to do nothing at all, good for morale if nothing else. I'd appreciate if any conclusions were to be posted to the Google group. I will try to make it on for a bit, but can't promise I'll be able to, due to the presence of mother-in-law mentioned earlier.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

I took the initiative last week to drive this as I'm sick of things sitting around and being debated endlessly. Not just here, but at work as well. I was met with some resistance to me trying to drive it hard and I'll be honest, I've kind of lost all enthusiasm for it now. If people wanna carry on and do it tonight, go nuts, consider me apathetic.

Vastro, i need you to PM me the application results asap please.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Activated Node
    Where do i sign up ? im befuddled nevermind i found it
    Last edited by justforkicks101; 10-12-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Wouldn't be too hard on yourself Dewi. If everyone cannot conform to a regular training schedule, there isn't much you or anyone else can do about it. This is something new and niche that the outfit is trying out, there are going to be some things that can work, some that cannot.

Dom is right about getting on and doing it though. I was unable to attend the initial meeting - was much decided on and is that info available anywhere?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justforkicks101 View Post
    Where do i sign up ? im befuddled
    Sign-up form by Vastrodos.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think training should go ahead pretty much every Tues, except maybe the 24th Dec. We'll have to figure out what to do if numbers are less than 24, but I think it can still work.

There's a brief summary of what happened at the meeting here

I still think we should be aiming to build up as big a "squad" as possible for this (somewhere around 36 is probably what we need to acheive to actually get 24 on any given day), and leave the picking of the team until the week of a match, where we can pick both people who are available that week, and have been training a lot/on good form latley.

There's a google group set up for the squad, but I'm not quite sure how to link tot his (membership requires Vastodros to confirm). Does this work?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I think given the way things are and people not being able to attend etc it seems like the best idea CMaster.
    Also the link works.

I didn't feel there was resistance to this being driven forward, just players requesting some flexibility, as real life will inevitably get in the way at some point for most people. People have been doing as was asked and letting everyone know ahead of time in this thread if they can't make it tonight...

As CMaster says, the 24 person team wouldn't be picked until closer to the time anyway, once it is confirmed and everyone in the "squad" can confirm their availablity.

No reason why training shouldn't go ahead as planned tonight, to help build as big a squad to pick from as possible. Without shaking too many tictacs for spys to see here, should we aim to try a few of the things mentioned last week (3 person rotation, operating as a unit without any support, etc)?

Also, in general, any night that any CCEU players are on is a training night. Buddy up, group up, play closely together, get a feeling for working with each other etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfieV View Post
    I didn't feel there was resistance to this being driven forward, just players requesting some flexibility, as real life will inevitably get in the way at some point for most people. People have been doing as was asked and letting everyone know ahead of time in this thread if they can't make it tonight...

As CMaster says, the 24 person team wouldn't be picked until closer to the time anyway, once it is confirmed and everyone in the "squad" can confirm their availablity.

No reason why training shouldn't go ahead as planned tonight, to help build as big a squad to pick from as possible. Without shaking too many tictacs for spys to see here, should we aim to try a few of the things mentioned last week (3 person rotation, operating as a unit without any support, etc)?

Also, in general, any night that any CCEU players are on is a training night. Buddy up, group up, play closely together, get a feeling for working with each other etc.
    That's fine, but I did feel that way. but whatever. not gonna drive it, but still happy to participate. I just don't ahve the energy for yet more cat herding

Given Dewi's post, i'd like to hi-jack tonight by chairing a "quickly as possible" chat about leadership. It's something we need to get sorted as soon as possible in my opinion. It will give us some direction and help drive this event forward productively.

The "hopefully 30ish minutes" will consist of:

1. Tactics chat. (Will elaborate. Public forum). I'll read out the notes from last week to refresh people's memory, then open the floor if anyone has anything relevant to add or say.

2. With the tactics chat finished and fresh in mind, we will each nominate 4 SLs from the provided shortlist, those who take part in this will effectively create a pool of communally selected SLs. I will read out your names and then ask you individually for your 4 nominations.

3. Everyone in attendance will then get the chance to actually vote for their 4 SL's from the nominations pool. Again, I will read out the nominees and then ask you individually for your 4. People nominated can abdicate at any time.

IMPORTANT: Those who cannot attend tonight will need to PM me on here with your 4 SL nominations from the shortlist below by Wednesday 11th Dec @ 12:00 GMT. This is the deadline for nominations. I will then PM those people back with the final nominations shortlist some time between 12:30 and 13:00 GMT. You will then have until
    Thursday 12th Dec @ 13:00 GMT to PM me back with your final 4 SL votes.

(Note: Those who are voted for tonight and that don't attend will be notified by me via PM. In the interest of clarity, they will then have until the Thursday deadline (above) to confirm that they are ok with being voted in. No reply = they will be substituted with the candidate with the next highest votes).

I will collect the results from tonight's vote and from Thursday's non-attendee's deadline and as long as all SL's are happy, announce during this week's StratGir that i will reply to this post with the final 4 SLs (and reserves) for CCEU.

The SL shortlist:

Laldy
    LaKroy
    MrEclectic
    Esoteric
    Dominucus
    Cooper
    Ksempac
    Bastiat
    Nick
    CMaster
    Dewi
    Roranor
    Grible
    Wally
    B3ll3nd

(Will amend if asked)
    Last edited by NickWhite; 10-12-2013 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Shortlist editing.

Righto, I'm fully intended to make tonight. I have a meeting running until around 7pm, but as long as buses play fair I'll be home in time. May have to eat whilst we're discussing things, sorry!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Shouldn't EsotericReverie be on the SL shortlist? Have I missed him saying he can't/don't want to?

Anyway, I'll be there for the meeting tonight. Looking forward to laying some groundwork, if nothing else!
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Seems Esoteric slipped through the net, he's been added.

I'm glad that there's enough decent leaders on that list to make my decision difficult. The only other person I can think of who hasn't lead me on too many suicide missions is fishfoodcarl.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Please remove me from the SL shortlist.

I am far from the best SL for this kind of situation; I make better decisions dealing with larger strategic stuff than micromanaging squad.

I'll be there tonight.

It's fair that lots of people won't be aviable this week and the next couple, but regardless, we should still put in the practice.

Suggestion: Ad-hoc CCEU squads on a nightly basis. I realise we said no to this in the meeting, as we didn't want to interfere with normal play, but it makes sense to get as much practice in as possible. We should be running a TACGIR esque CCEU squad as much as possible. Even if it doesn't involve playing with people deffo in the actual event and thus learning each other, it does get important practice in pulling off various tactical movements.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    We have 40 people who signed up, yet only 27 members on the google group page. This needs to be fixed, so sign up if you haven't already.

Could someone link me to the google group through a PM please?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    PM sent. chaaars

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    Could someone link me to the google group through a PM please?
    same please, thanks