Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar

December 28th: Xmas party with [PCG]

[RPS] have been invited to an Xmas party by [PCG]

December 28th, time tbc

Details to be confirmed soon. The main idea is that it revolves around a 'show match' of some kind where we face off against each other. PCG have asked some TR friends along for that. Prior to that there may be some games (such as knife fights etc.). Exact details to be confirmed.

This is largely a 'date for your diary' post. I'll update it as things get confirmed. I'd like it if [RTRS] were formally invited too (though take this as an invitation to crash anyway...), and will run that by Jakhara next time I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Activated Node
    Sounds like fun !

Sounds like another RPS/PCG event where RPS turn up and so does the entirety of TRAM (or TRAC these days?) who continues to beat our faces in for the entire evening because there are 16 of them to our one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    Sounds like another RPS/PCG event where RPS turn up and so does the entirety of TRAM (or TRAC these days?) who continues to beat our faces in for the entire evening because there are 16 of them to our one.
    That is exactly my worry...
    If it's fun things like races/knife fights it's probably no big deal.
    If they want a proper battle then we may need to be a bit careful!

This needs to get arranged and I'm not in a position to do that.

I wouldn't worry about TRAC numbers; PCG approached us about this in a desire to provide a fun event over xmas and are entering into it in that spirit, they're just worried that we'd outnumber them by a large margin so may invite some friends to help them. I don't know what PCG's current regular numbers are, so their fears may be warranted.

I am away from PS2 & regular forum access until the 24th, so

Can someone please step-up to volunteer to get this arranged?

PCG Contact points are:
    HelsAngel who has an account on these forums and can be contacted via PM
    AND / OR
    Jakhara in-game

What needs to be arranged:
    * Start time
    * Event activities (see below)
    * Involving RTRS

On the activities:
    Is this just gonna be a friendly knockabout where we scrap over a base or are we gonna try and arrange some fun events? I think a knockabout makes sense as the core activity, but something a bit more fun to end with would be nice.

On this I think it's be really nice to have some kind of multi-faction 'silly monday' type thing where we can setup last-player-standing knife fights, sky whale wrestling etc. At the same time, something like that might be too messy / confusing with too many players and no shared comms. Run it be Hels / Jakhara and see what they think.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Obscure Node
    Would be great to fit in some party games as it is a party, last player standing knife fight, sky whale wrestling is just the sort of thing I had in mind (similar to your RPS vs RTRS event). And then we might as well have a knockabout over a base whilst we are at it. Just need to sort out a start time, would evening be best? May need some time just to let everyone log on? What order do we want the events to take place? Also we use mumble for our outfit comms, should we get some comms set up for platoon leaders? Or will in game chat box do?

We need to finalise these things soon as it's getting close! Thanks

Dear [RPS]:
    Get the fuck on top of this already.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Dear [RPS]:
    Get the fuck on top of this already.
    OK, chief.

Quote Originally Posted by HelsAngel View Post
    Would be great to fit in some party games as it is a party, last player standing knife fight, sky whale wrestling is just the sort of thing I had in mind (similar to your RPS vs RTRS event). And then we might as well have a knockabout over a base whilst we are at it. Just need to sort out a start time, would evening be best? May need some time just to let everyone log on? What order do we want the events to take place? Also we use mumble for our outfit comms, should we get some comms set up for platoon leaders? Or will in game chat box do?

We need to finalise these things soon as it's getting close! Thanks
    1) Evening is best. We tend to pick up numbers in the 7-9 bracket, so getting going around 7-8 is a good time to aim for. I don't know what times are good for PCG.

2)Agreed about having a scrap/silly events mix. In terms of order - start with something quick and fun, like the knife-fight, since it doesn't require any vehicles to be pulled/organised. Add in anything else that doesn't take much prep time, if you like, such as the pistol duelling thing we did once.

Then try some sky-whale wrestling. This will presumably drain air-resources of the participants, and as such seems a reasonable time to maybe infantry scrap over a base. Somewhere reasonably empty. It's unlikely we'll play seriously, and will probably do silly gambits like All LA squads or All Infil squads or something to keep it light.

I'd recommend ending on some sort of race. It has a sense of finality to it, I think. Harassers are the best choice for speed, Sundies for silliness. Flashes are fun, but break too easily .

3) In-game chat should be OK for setting stuff up, but if you want to communicate, our Mumble information is on the forum/website, and we have spare channels we can move to for PLs.

Note - I'm pretty much terrible at admin, and am not exactly accepting responsibility for RPS side of things. These are simply suggestions to get the ball rolling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Oh jeez, get to their forums or mumble, or get them to our mumble and discuss, this over pms won't help anyone.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Oh jeez, get to their forums or mumble, or get them to our mumble and discuss, this over pms won't help anyone.
    This. Just go talk to Hels or Jakhara. Infinitely easier... They use Mumble so you've got it damned well installed.

It's Friday so have a chat with RTRS and see if they wanna come to the party.

Edit: For idiot-proof sake here are [PCG]'s Mumble details.
    Last edited by Cooper; 20-12-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Obscure Node
    Hi guys, firstly thank you for taking us up on the offer of coming to our Xmas party, I hope it will be fun for all.

Right then how about this as a penciled in plan?

19.00-20.00: Get people logging on from 19.00, maybe see who can shoot the most snowmen to past the time whilst leaders organise when and where we will meet for the first event.
    20.00 meet up for 'party games'- knife fight, max punch fight, sky-whale wrestling (maybe others, but you get the idea)
    approx 22.00 we want to be arranging to have a light hearted base battle. I like Fish Food's idea of having "All LA squads or All Infil squads or something to keep it light."
    Lastly: A
    Harasser race accross the map

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    I recon there is no party without the blue dudes, so send us the location and we will arrive in style.

Obscure Node
    Hi all,
    As there appears to be no strong objections we will use the 'pencilled in' plan as a guide. Obviously this will need to be adaptable to the night, if we are ready to start the first game earlier then lets do it. At least we all have a general idea of what the plan is. Thanks again and see you there!

Obscure Node
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...r-29th.165193/

SOE are doing maintenance at 11.00pm (GMT) so if possible I'm trying to move the xmas party an hour forward, so start logging on from 6-7. Thanks

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    Who is going to platoon lead tonight and thus be in charge on our side?

Activated Node
    If its just fun and games and there's not much seriousness I can lead.

Obscure Node
    PCG Leader Jakhara is planning to get online from 5.00 ish so you can contact him to sort stuff out

Can whoever's on from 5-6 get in contact with Jakhara / PCG and get this sorted out (suggest you just go and join their Mumble and say hi); I may not be able to make tonight.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Activated Node
    I'm probably going to be on most of the day, however I'm probably not the best person to sort this out.
    If I do end up having to do it what do we have to sort out?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I'm off dancing tonight, so I can't do it. Would have been fun to do it if not for that, though.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168