Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Obscure Node
    I have the general plan above (but running it an hour earlier now). Just to arrange where we shall meet for the first game and take it from there

Obscure Node
    It doesn't matter if you are a leader we just need someone to communicate with really other wise we are never going to meet up and get the party started!

Obscure Node
    Thanks RPS we had fun, I will stop harassing you guys...for now x

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I missed the party. Tell me all the anecdotes and juicy gossip! Do it! DO IT NAOW!
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Network Hub
    Cheers for organising this Hels! It was hilarious.

For those who missed it here is the AAR:

8pm-ish, none of us online (a squad and a half) knew what was going on, only that there had been talk of a meet with PCG. I was PLing so decamped to the forums to find out & subsequently contacted PCG via their (very noisy!) Mumble. There being an alert on, we decided to wait a while before starting anything. Via tells we decided to meet on some empty ground after the alert.

(The biolab alert was a fiasco and I'm sorry I dragged you all into it!)

The alert finished at about 9.15 and we congregated at Hidden Ridge (as I belive it is called), the territory north of the north-east, Vanu, Amerish warpgate at about half nine. PCG had a couple of squads, RPS just over one. Unusually, we were outnumbered. At this point I was attempting to coordinate things on ingame text chat while in the PCG Mumble.

At this point, both sides were managing to contain themselves and hold fire in a target-rich environment. This didn't last! I would like to commend PCG for their generally excellent sportsmanship. Not you lot, though...

First off was the knife fight. Light Assaults, all v all, last man standing. Who won? I'm sorry, I wasn't taking notes. You will have to post here if it was you. I think it was a PCG first and third rounds, an RPS the second. It was pointed out that the way to win these is to run, wait for the others to kill each other and finish off the last one. So whoever won is a big wuss anyway

At this point PCG, very much in the spirit of things, decided to split their platoon in two, to give us a fighting chance. Their remaining troops sat in a Gal, which was promptly humped to death by one of our own. I think it has to be said that this was less than sportsmanlike. Bad Justforkicks101!

I think the next event was a sniper duel. Great idea; in practice, it takes fucking ages because the little bastards are invisible. Again I don't remember who won but it totally would have been me except for MaxUrsa flanking me! I was going to do that!

Next up was the classic Sky Pirates match. For the uninitiated, this is pistols at dawn, atop a swaying Galaxy per team. Light Assault is the class of choice here. This took a while to get off the ground. I suppose that is a pun. I think next time we will have to confiscate all C4 before the match, eh HippyMaster? This round went to PCG. Bonus points to the one who hid under the wing. I'm totally doing that next time.

This is turning into a novel. Well done for getting this far. I'm going to get a cup of tea and I suggest you do the same.

What happened next? Actually, I forgot to mention that by this time Cooper had turned up and made the rather good suggestion that we all hop into PCG's Mumble channel. This made communication easier, though it didn't altogether stop the random murderations. Next, the snowball fight!

The snowball fight. This is good. You can't hit a fucking thing unless you close, at which point you get stabbed. But if you close to stab you get shot. Brilliant. I could happily have done this all evening and got banned for stat padding. Who won? Who cares? Probably PCG. It was fun.

And finally, assuming I haven't forgotten anything, there was a free-for-all deathmatch. Throughout the evening PCG had had a slight edge but at this point they brought out the Mercies and without our OP ZOE we were helpless! Or I was, don't know how there rest of you fared. Then the server went down and the assembled decamped to Team Fortress 2 and the Steam download box respectively.

I hope you all had as much fun as I did and props to Hels for organising and Jak for keeping his troops in line. Thanks for turning up those who did and for those who didn't, I hope you enjoyed your Saturday night dancing with sexy ladies!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by b3ll3nd View Post
    Thanks for turning up those who did and for those who didn't, I hope you enjoyed your Saturday night dancing with sexy ladies!
    Be careful throwing about accusations of that type. I'll have you know, I was playing D&D all Saturday evening!

I'm really pretty gutted that I missed it, but the funny-shaped dice call to me.

Obscure Node
    Great write up b3ll3nd! I will share the link to this on our enjin site.

Think you have covered everything nicely, thanks again for being good sports and we hope to do something similar with guys again, I would like to say maybe more organised but that would be a lie!

It wouldn't have been a PCG party without any guests so thank you x

Sorry I missed this, but I've been struggling with dodgy health since boxing day.
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Obscure Node
    Apols for the late reply. Post Xmas/New Year outlaw visitation...
    Agree with Hels, it was a great write up from Bell, and fairly accurate as far as I remember. I've also no idea who won any battles, but that's no important right? RIGHT?!

I know Hels put a lot of effort in on our end to get this rolling, so props to her especially; and thanks to those RPS who did come along and make it a fantastic couple of hours. I was getting a very sore throat by the end from telling our guys not to shoot. You may have noticed I was using liberal amounts of liquid lubricant just to keep talking...

Lets do it again soon. Your turn to organise next tho!