Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 304
  1. #81
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    For christsakes, what polar bear? It's brown bear. Get it right.
    Rofl, the ultimate insult.

  2. #82
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    For christsakes, what polar bear? It's brown bear. Get it right.
    Oh yeah, you haven't conquered the Arctic Circle just yet. Should wait till then to call your great empire the Polar Bear.

    Old trick played by any imperialist. Crimean's pro-Russia politicians called for separatism from Ukraine and invite Russia's intervention. Old, dirty yet stupid trick. Bring it on. Can't wait to see a new Crimean War in the 21 century. That's what I've said and I repeat it now: You guys don't understand Russia. It's Eastern Question in the 21st century, but Ukraine is not a buffer, it is your frontline!

    Oh, and interesting report to share. A police (internal troops?) sniper was captured and subsequently beatened up by angered civilians. Poor snipers, always the same fate waiting for them upon capture, poor soul, hoho ^3^
    Last edited by squirrel; 23-02-2014 at 02:05 AM.

  3. #83
    Lesser Hivemind Node eRa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    514
    This thread, I don't even.

  4. #84
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,517
    Chief Rabbi of Ukraine Urged Jews to Flee Kiev After Attack on Students.

    Jewish Residents of Kiev Receive Threats.

    Looks like the mob is aiming for new targets, now that the "bad guys" are gone.

  5. #85
    Moderator QuantaCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    5,826
    the mob that is doing most damage does consist of the nationalists, so yeah, that makes sense.
    - Tom De Roeck.

    monochrom & verse publications

    "Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

  6. #86
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,526
    Do note that the article says: 'following a reported anti-Semitic attack on two Chabad yeshiva students in the city last month'.

    Anyway, Ukraine seems to be replaying this problem between its national parliament and its president every five or so years. We'll have to see how long the situation holds this time.

    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    This thread, I don't even.
    ... and this.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

  7. #87
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    Looks like the mob is aiming for new targets, now that the "bad guys" are gone.
    Fringe elements. Collapse of government always brings instability. Doesn't mean the main opposition forces support such acts.

  8. #88
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,621
    I've been witnessing ethnic group conflicts in my own countries for all those years. First thing in my mind is: how do you know that the so called persecuted haven't done something for them to deserve to be targeted? You even bother to listen to the persecutors, or you don't hesitate to condemn them because this is the easy moral highground for you to claim?

    The protesters want to establish a tie with the world of freedom but on the other hand do something so political incorrect? I smell something stinky there.

  9. #89
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,517
    I'm sure they were all being obnoxiously jewish, with their hooked noses and twirly locks.

    Fringe elements.
    Those "fringe elements" formed the militant core of the protests. Without them, the "moderate opposition" wouldn't have gotten near where it is now. They willingly and openly sided with Svoboda and their kind.

    Do note that the article says: 'following a reported anti-Semitic attack on two Chabad yeshiva students in the city last month'.
    There have been outbursts of violence against jews and "foreigners" along the duration of the protests. Ukraine always had a rather anti-semitic climate but it has been erupting lately.
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 24-02-2014 at 12:35 PM.

  10. #90
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    Those "fringe elements" formed the militant core of the protests. Without them, the "moderate opposition" wouldn't have gotten near where it is now. They willingly and openly sided with Svoboda and their kind.
    They were the most hardcore, but the most was won by persistence here. Also, there are no reports of any kind of widespread disturbances.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    There have been outbursts of violence against jews and "foreigners" along the duration of the protests. Ukraine always had a rather anti-semitic climate but it has been erupting lately.
    Racism is popular in former Soviet countries. Of course you will have outbursts when security falters. But the government and its supporters weren't better at all.

    What's your point anyway? That protesters aren't "good"? Of course they aren't. But I hope you don't think we should have cheered Yanukovich because of that.

  11. #91
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by mouton View Post
    They were the most hardcore, but the most was won by persistence here. Also, there are no reports of any kind of widespread disturbances.


    Racism is popular in former Soviet countries. Of course you will have outbursts when security falters. But the government and its supporters weren't better at all.

    What's your point anyway? That protesters aren't "good"? Of course they aren't. But I hope you don't think we should have cheered Yanukovich because of that.
    I think his point is more that it is becoming more and more obvious that the protesters were being manipulated by some horrible groups, and that it is pretty shitty to watch people say "They aren't all bad" and "it is just a bad core" to excuse the actions. And let's not even get started on "Maybe the jews were asking for it, did you ever think of that?"

    This is what generally happens when a group people wanted to back turns out to be as bad, if not worse, than the group they were originally opposed to. And it is kind of what all of us were saying when we said "Just because Yanukovich is a prick doesn't necessarily mean we should fully back the opposition". The thing about these revolutions/"revolutions" is that they rarely put a better group in power. At best you have a group that is prejudiced against a different group and who abuse their power in different ways.

    Personally, I always find it hilarious that white supremacist groups hate Jewish people so much. You would think they would love "the white guys" who stick it to "the brown guys" in the middle east (even though both sides are probably closer to "arab" genetically :p). Of course, I am a horrible person.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  12. #92
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    This is what generally happens when a group people wanted to back turns out to be as bad, if not worse, than the group they were originally opposed to.
    Except that it hasn't happened so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    And it is kind of what all of us were saying when we said "Just because Yanukovich is a prick doesn't necessarily mean we should fully back the opposition". The thing about these revolutions/"revolutions" is that they rarely put a better group in power. At best you have a group that is prejudiced against a different group and who abuse their power in different ways.
    When the establishment is utter shit, it is not unreasonable to want to toss the dice.

    Yanukovich wasn't "a prick". Cameron is (widely considered) a prick. Bush was a prick. Erdogan is a prick. Yanukovich was making the whole country his private fiefdom, while making it more and more subservient to Russia. Whole different degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Personally, I always find it hilarious that white supremacist groups hate Jewish people so much. You would think they would love "the white guys" who stick it to "the brown guys" in the middle east (even though both sides are probably closer to "arab" genetically :p). Of course, I am a horrible person.
    The "brown guys" are open with their racial inferiority. Jews and the like are sneaky, hiding around, looking "pure". Nothing worse than an enemy in your midst. And everyone can turn out to be one! Even if you run out of actual Jews, you can always designate new ones. So no, hating Jews is not illogical at all, it is a perfectly sustainable fuel for the hate machine.

  13. #93
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,298
    Quote Originally Posted by mouton View Post
    Except that it hasn't happened so far.
    And hopefully it won't, but with the mob already shifting toward other targets after getting what they want, it isn't a good sign

    And, you know, history shows a trend of this stuff going sour. Hell, the past few years shows a pretty big trend of these things going sour.

    When the establishment is utter shit, it is not unreasonable to want to toss the dice.

    Yanukovich wasn't "a prick". Cameron is (widely considered) a prick. Bush was a prick. Erdogan is a prick. Yanukovich was making the whole country his private fiefdom, while making it more and more subservient to Russia. Whole different degree.
    And if you are one of those groups that the white supremacists or any of the other militant protesters have issue with? Better the abusive asshole you know than the abusive asshole who wants to ethnically cleanse you.


    Again, I am not saying one side is right or wrong, I am just saying that it is pretty depressing that things already look like they are on the trajectory that a lot of us saw. And that the efforts to say "They aren't all that bad" are pretty disgusting.

    The "brown guys" are open with their racial inferiority. Jews and the like are sneaky, hiding around, looking "pure". Nothing worse than an enemy in your midst. And everyone can turn out to be one! Even if you run out of actual Jews, you can always designate new ones. So no, hating Jews is not illogical at all, it is a perfectly sustainable fuel for the hate machine.
    I guess that makes sense, and I am probably applying WAY too much logic to racist assholes, just still seems like a lost opportunity.
    Last edited by gundato; 24-02-2014 at 04:03 PM.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  14. #94
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    And hopefully it won't, but with the mob already shifting toward other targets after getting what they want, it isn't a good sign
    On the other hand, they did not loot presidential mansion. They just made an orderly sightseeing queue, LOL.

    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    And, you know, history shows a trend of this stuff going sour. Hell, the past few years shows a pretty big trend of these things going sour.
    History is quite mixed on the issue. Even the very recent one.

    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    And if you are one of those groups that the white supremacists or any of the other militant protesters have issue with? Better the abusive asshole you know than the abusive asshole who wants to ethnically cleanse you.
    Racism is inexcusable but again, proportions and natural collapse of security.

    Anyway, fringe racism is not the real problem here. The problem is the opposition broke the deal that paved way to some stability. Now, everything can happen and if the country splits now, it will be their fault.

  15. #95
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by mouton View Post
    On the other hand, they did not loot presidential mansion. They just made an orderly sightseeing queue, LOL.
    I used to consider Yanukovych as some extraordinary man who is an international politics playboy. I mean, he can sway Putin like that. Turns out he's just another corrupted as hell bureaucrat. Those mansions perfectly explain the economic suffering of this once great nation all along. He left a country urgently in need of USD35B or facing an imminent bankruptcy. Good luck in Crimea, enjoy while you can. Those Internal Troops you once ordered to commit the mass murder crime are now coming looking for you, bring you to justice. I heard that you are now escorted by Russian Marines, huh? Can't wait to see which side you are standing on while the two forces are confronting each other, you traitorous dog.

    Ukrainians really are very civilized, educated and of high quality. If for those palaces located in other countries, they would have been looted as hell. Proud of you, Ukrainians!!

    And I can't help but to ask, "Is Yanukovych really a Ukrainian in blood?" Can't believe a jerk like him is a countryman of those noble Ukrainians.

    And you guys are suspecting those guys are the same of those doing stupid things like harassing the Jews? In the age when the easiest way to get an Oscar prize is to make a film about persecution against Jews?
    Last edited by squirrel; 25-02-2014 at 05:52 AM.

  16. #96
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    And I can't help but to ask, "Is Yanukovych really a Ukrainian in blood?" Can't believe a jerk like him is a countryman of those noble Ukrainians.
    Good question. Maybe he is Georgian, Mongolian or Chinese. That's where history's most horrendous mass-murderers come from, after all.

    ... or wait, no. Is this somehow the 1920s, where a person's "blood" determines their character?

    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    In the age when the easiest way to get an Oscar prize is to make a film about persecution against Jews?
    Making films about the persecution of Jews is very outdated. Didn't you hear that the Jews are trying to control the world by making films 'subversively promoting Jewish culture' - or at least that is what Farroukh Majidi explained on Hezbollah’s al-Manar TV when he urged viewers to be aware of the Jewish propaganda in mass media because 'they want to conquer all the world, as we want. But they know how to do it, but we don’t know.'
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

  17. #97
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Maybe he is Georgian,
    I know, Stalin, huh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Mongolian
    Most Russians (and therefore also Ukrainians, or Little Russians as they are less common known as) carry some Mongolian blood for obvious reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    or Chinese. That's where history's most horrendous mass-murderers come from, after all.
    Oh Hey!!......


    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Making films about the persecution of Jews is very outdated. Didn't you hear that the Jews are trying to control the world by making films 'subversively promoting Jewish culture' - or at least that is what Farroukh Majidi explained on Hezbollah’s al-Manar TV when he urged viewers to be aware of the Jewish propaganda in mass media because 'they want to conquer all the world, as we want. But they know how to do it, but we don’t know.'
    The most infamous example is Hollywood itself being built by the Russian Jews. Seriously, is there anything we use not controlled by Jews?

    But my whole point being, while the Ukrainians are so desperate for international sympathy, would they really commit such not only stupid but also terrible as hell mistake? Their enemies would want them to, so if they don't...... Seriously, you guys don't suspect any false flag action? Not to mention that Ukraine's "big brother" itself has a long tradition of persecution against Jews.

  18. #98
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,517
    The most infamous example is Hollywood itself being built by the Russian Jews. Seriously, is there anything we use not controlled by Jews?
    I hate it when the ZOG prevents me from using my washing machine.

  19. #99
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    I hate it when the ZOG prevents me from using my washing machine.
    Planned Obsolescence

  20. #100
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Planned Obsolescence
    I didn't know that! Which other household appliances are controlled by the children of Abraham?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •