Build 261 released, also Humble Bundle

Build 261 is out. It features commander key remapping (AT LAST - no more fumbling around in config files). Also say goodbye to drifter rushing with enzyme - it now requires a shift hive, as well as getting a nerf to resource cost.

No sign of Eclipse though.

Also, NS2 can be got for peanuts in the latest Humble Bundle, which means tons of newbies arriving.

Good for the health of the game I suppose; might get people playing who otherwise wouldn't have bothered buying NS2.

Network Hub
    Yes yes .. whoot

Wish we could send a message to all other groups in RPS to just get it .. I mean its like 76cent!
    76 frikkin cent .. cmon .. who can't skip that packet of Tayto or can of coke ..

This'd be a nice time to kick start the group :P and possibly get a group starting later than 7:30gmt heh

Network Hub
    Thanks Quanta!

Might be an idea if we hang out a bit in the group chat over next week or so
    Last edited by balmark; 04-12-2013 at 06:44 PM.

The patch sounds really great on paper! I'm curious as to what "minimalistic HUD" option means. Can't wait for Eclipse though. Oh, and that Soon™-guy from the other thread might even be joining us on Sunday (says a well-informed source). Maybe we can have a little reunion ontop of the masses of new people...

Hello ? Is this thing on ? *cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    It features commander key remapping (AT LAST - no more fumbling around in config files).
    At last ! Not that I remember anything about commanding anyway. I wish they implemented this 9 monthes ago.

see you all soon hopefully !

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    What is that thing? Some kind of infection? It stinks!
    steam: sketch

Oh sure, mr englishman follows me in the depth of the forum and complains he's now sitting next to me.
    you are laughable young man. Laughable. I should sell you to Kwis as a beer fetching butler.

Quote Originally Posted by Felisc View Post
    Oh sure, mr englishman follows me in the depth of the forum and complains he's now sitting next to me.
    you are laughable young man. Laughable. I should sell you to Kwis as a beer fetching butler.
    Bah! I'm in no need of one. Especially not one of bad quality, they're not robust enough, these englishmen. How do you think my kids earn their daily cold soup anyway?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I see the plebs are getting some funny ideas, bah, soon they will be crushed.
    steam: sketch

I have setup a Twitch-account so tomorrow I will try to Live Stream when we play :P

Here is the link from tonights game: http://sv.twitch.tv/best_jeppe/b/487706499

Great! now I can appreciate just how much I suck at this game! No but seriously, this is quite useful for a noob like me. Also, pretty sweet screenshot from the first match, when a marine gets out of a phase gate just as it explodes:

Last edited by SirDavies; 16-12-2013 at 03:19 AM.

Network Hub
    Love it .. and the marine didn't even look back .. cool ..

Gonna look at the twitch tonight

Oh god, my voice sounds awful.

Why is it that whenever your voice is recorded it sounds weird?

One always critices their own voice. I think it is because you hear your own voice through vibrations in you skull and jawbone which makes it sound a bit different than what other people hear. You can't really escape it but just accept it. And dont worry, you have a lovely voice

Next time I will probably break the stream between matches so it easier to navigate between them. Making one big continous file doesn't make it easy to find a certain point that you are looking for

Nice to see that you are enjoying it. I am usually a support-like character like a gorge so my view from the game might not be the most exciting. But hopefully you can get a good overview of the game and it might be fun to watch the game from an other point of view. Also, if you want to get serious you could probably use the Streams to analyze what went wrong (on the whole) in a particular match and so on.