Thread: I am Spam

I am Spam

I've tried to comment on the Path of Exile news post several times now and the comment was eaten twice in a row without warning.

On my third attempt I posted 'Comments have been eaten. Third time lucky' to see if it would work, was successful and then clicked edit on that post and tried to contribute only for the whole thing to be marked as spam. The click here if you have been reported as spam thing then didn't work.

I'm fairly certain I'm human and not a sophisticated spambot. Anyone know what might be happening?

The gist of my comment is below.

'Really enjoying Path of Exile so far. It scratches the remaining itches I have from Diablo 2 that D3 and Torchlight 2 couldn't reach.

Go to the forums and join the guild. New pinball buddies, join me for a game!'

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Well, I copied your attempted post and tried to post it, and it never showed up for me either. BUT, when I removed "Diablo 2 that D3" it let me post it!

I am not sure, but maybe references to Diablo 3 are flagged as probable gold sellers or whatever it is they spam about that game.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Thanks for the attempt Berzee!

Having the same problem. Trying to post on RPS Day 24, getting flagged as spam. I don't see why?

I was expecting Rogue Legacy to be Goatee, so that shows how much I know.

Bioshock Infinite seems likely. I know several months on everyone poopoos it, but there was so much discussion and talk about it in the month after it was released.
    KRZ is still 2 episodes out of 5, I don't think that will take top spot.
    Gunpoint... quite surprised it wasn't on the list. It's good fun, but it's not quite top spot worthy. Could probably swap it in instead of Amnesia AMFP, from what I've heard about it. (not played that yet and will do at some point, though)
    Shadow Warrior? Nah, don't see that taking a spot over Bioshock.
    FEZ? Lolno. (Personally I liked it, but dear god some things reeked of pretentiousness)

Dark horse outliers for fun and giggles: Tomb Raider, Metro LL, Rayman Lemons.

EDIT: Found the cause. "Poopoos" is a baaaaaaad word.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    I am spam'
    Could be worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolving Ocelot View Post
    EDIT: Found the cause. "Poopoos" is a baaaaaaad word.
    They're just trying to protect your grammatical reputation. The correct is obviously "poopooes".

And yes, the banning of Diablo is completely insane.

Obscure Node
    i have the same problem, i got spammed, they think im not a human . hahahah

@richmondster

The spamming issue is clearly for users like you that only want to get on here with ten posts so they can promote something. Youre not very welcome so far, please reduce the clutter of posts just because you need ten to post in the other forums.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

It baffles me that with all the active threads on the forum, spammers choose topics long dead to increase their post count.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    It baffles me that with all the active threads on the forum, spammers choose topics long dead to increase their post count.
    Maybe they think it goes unnoticed. It surely wrecks my Subscribed Threads page.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?