Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yep, right now the testing ladder Seasons are monthly. They will probably change that in the future to be longer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    So I think I played my first troll. Either that or someone who didn't have a clue and/or didn't know English. Or maybe even a bot. His name was ||||||||||

The guy simply wouldn't end his turn. Every single time he timed out. But he'd play his hand immediately on his turn... but the *only* things he played were minions with taunt. No spells, no other minions. And the funny thing is that he'd only attack me if I didn't have a minion with taunt - when I placed my first minion with taunt, all he did was mouse over his minions and myself until he timed out - it seemed he couldn't figure out he had to attack my taunt.

So... yeah.

(I won with a questing adventurer with 2 blessings of kings.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    Today it's the first of february, so the ladder has reset, it already happened on january. And will keep on happening every month.
    Huh, that's weird, I didn't notice anything happening last month. I don't suppose there's any log of what kind of medal's you've gotten?

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldrath View Post
    So I think I played my first troll. Either that or someone who didn't have a clue and/or didn't know English. Or maybe even a bot. His name was ||||||||||

The guy simply wouldn't end his turn. Every single time he timed out. But he'd play his hand immediately on his turn... but the *only* things he played were minions with taunt. No spells, no other minions. And the funny thing is that he'd only attack me if I didn't have a minion with taunt - when I placed my first minion with taunt, all he did was mouse over his minions and myself until he timed out - it seemed he couldn't figure out he had to attack my taunt.

So... yeah.

(I won with a questing adventurer with 2 blessings of kings.)
    I inadvertently became one of those just now. :( I had both hearthstone and a stream up, and also read on this forum, then suddenly realized wait I was playing. Returned to the HS window and was greeted by a loss screen. Fortunately I was playing in casual mode.

Network Hub
    From the wiki:

"If a player takes no actions during their turn and the time limit expires, that player's next turn will begin with the fuse burning down, giving them only a few seconds to play. These mechanics force players to think quickly, keeping the game moving at a brisk pace, and prevent non-active players from prolonging a game indefinitely. Duelshave no such time limits."

There should be a limit to how much a player can destroy another player's experience. Then again I think those type of players can also time their turns in such a way that they still take the maximum amount of time. But they're also taking up their time and you can still concede if it gets too much. It may only be terribly infuriating in arena play, but they still have to invest their own coins to do that. I think there's a report function, isn' there?
    Last edited by meloncrab; 01-02-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Sometimes the fuse doesn't start immediately even if the opponent has been afk/disconnected for several turns. Took me forever to finish one guy because all I drew from the deck were spells that damaged minions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Yeah, but the thing is, this guy did play - he played his taunt minions immediately and I could see his mouseovers trying to attack me. It almost felt like I was playing a bot. Very weird. I couldn't find a report function, though.

My name is Aerothorn#1338, if anyone wants to add me.

Damn - just one number off from 1337!
    Last edited by Aerothorn; 02-02-2014 at 05:45 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Twice now my Hunter deck ran out of time during a complex move involving several starving buzzards and several casts of Unleash. That card draw animation takes way too long.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That's pretty funny. Surely you were just burning cards at that point, though?

Interesting game of arena today, as a paladin. The very first pick I had was Tinkmaster Overspark/Ragnaros/Illidan Stormrage. I went with the Tinkmaster and picked a young and an ancient brewmaster to combo it with. Aside from those I had way too many four and five costs, not very many three costs and only a handful of one and two costs, so the deck didn't last long. I was able to play the tinkmaster in at least four games and in one of those I got a squirrel, then brewmastered him and got a devilsaur next turn. At least the Tinkmaster's devilsaur won me a game against a Priest in seven turns, but the game after that I was killed by turn six against a warrior and that was it, 3 wins. Couldn't really have expected better.

Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    That's pretty funny. Surely you were just burning cards at that point, though?
    That's a 9 card draw - yeah, a few, but as it was an endgame move, card burn was an acceptable cost. Also, the card burn animation ALSO takes too long!
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I did do a double buzzard Unleash on three opposing minions, so I know what you mean. I torched one of those cards, but small price for a full hand and board control.

Does anyone know if and/or how you can report abusive players?

Unrelated to that, I just defeated a mage in arena with a priest. The final blow was landed with a 20/5 Gurabashi berserker that I mind-controlled from the mage to get him down from 2 health. I feel awful!
    Last edited by LTK; 04-02-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Really? Sounds like great play to me. You must have exhausted all the Mage's many clearance options to get to the point where that was possible, in which case you deserve the win.

Somewhat related, I have created a deck designed in large part to borrow cards and minions from my opponent. I'm just beginning testing. It's always neat to see what unplanned combinations you can get.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Had the buzzard hound draw delay me for the first time. I was needing time to plan my move and decided I need to draw some cards first to see what I can get. First 3 hounds got me nothing much. 2nd set got me my timber wolves. I then had to kill a couple hounds to make room. I think I got all but 1 or 2 attacks finished. Then the guy left next turn despite having lots of hp still.

Quote Originally Posted by arathain View Post
    Really? Sounds like great play to me. You must have exhausted all the Mage's many clearance options to get to the point where that was possible, in which case you deserve the win.

Somewhat related, I have created a deck designed in large part to borrow cards and minions from my opponent. I'm just beginning testing. It's always neat to see what unplanned combinations you can get.
    I know I played well, it's just the kind of game that if it was played against me I'd be going "PRIIIIIIEEEEESTS!" I used thoughtsteal to get a mirror entity and a frostbolt, Cabal Shadow Priest to steal one of his minions, mind control on the Gurabashi after he hit it with a fireblast and then I buffed and healed it for good measure.

I'm not sure a card-stealing deck would work especially well. Thoughtsteal is really the only card that provides an unequivocal advantage, since you get two cards for the price of one and they're not even from your deck! Mind vision, on the other hand, leaves you with the same number of cards and you lose one mana. Plus, your opponent knows which card you could have gotten. Whereas Mindgames is just a total crap shoot; with a reasonable mana curve you're more likely to get a low-cost minion than a high-cost one. On one occasion I had Mindgames played against me and it grabbed an Argent Commander, so you might get lucky occasionally but I don't think you can rely on it.

In other news, Blizzard apparently doesn't give a single fuck if other players are being abusive shits over chat, since there's no possible way to report it.

I found Mind Vision to be rather interesting. I usually wait until my opponent has three cards or so in hand, which means there's a very low chance of him having a low-cost minion on hand. Also the information it provides is highly interesting - Mind Vision clones a card from your opponent's HAND, not from his deck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Oh, I know the deck is not going to be the best, but I'm not the best deckbuilder, so that's OK. I think it's going to be interesting, and that's good enough for me.

I think Mind Vision is fine. One mana for one card draw, the possibility that it could be a useful class card, and intelligence about their hand. The thing that interest me about Priest card steals is that unlike something like the Novice Engineer or the Loot Hoarder, which are throwaway minions existing mostly to make your deck effectively smaller, the stolen cards effectively make your deck larger, since they are card draw which leave your own deck untouched. That's probably mostly bad, but it's interesting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I like getting mind vision in the opening hand - if you play it in turn 1 you are highly likely to copy a useful, low cost minion or something from the opponent's opening hand. Maybe that's just cos my priest deck is light on low cost minions.