Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I made some tweaks to my Druid deck to improve card draw and that seems to have been the decisive factor. I've risen up almost three ranks with it. The last game was against a mage that tried to rush me down. I took a frostbolt to the face in turn two, which was the biggest mistake of that mage's life, because the turn after that I played a questing adventurer. Without his frostbolt he couldn't get rid of it (only a 2/2!) so after that I played Shattered Sun Cleric, coin, Mark of the Wild. Bam. 8/8 questing adventurer with taunt. Beat the stuffing out of that mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    How do the friends list matches work and would any be interested in friendly matches now and then? Could be fun to test some decks and such, sent invites to all i noticed in fast skim of thread, and if anyone wants the nick later i'm Graerth#2498 in the game.
    I will add you when I play again a bit later, haven't done a friends list match either but I am happy to try a few, since it seems a good way to practice new decks rather than playing the rubbish AI!

Not been playing this much over Xmas but will definitely start up again soon, been thinking about a weapon based deck with my warrior with some of the pirate cards that go well with them, also just crafted Ragnaros so I want to build a deck around him somehow :D

I lost another game to my own stupidity - I never remember to use Big Game Hunter when the big creatures come out! Happens way too often.

Activated Node
    Feel free to add me. Cetshwayo#2386. I enjoy playing pally, rogue and shaman. I feel my pally deck is the strongest of the three at the moment. Mostly built around outlasting opponents. Most matches ended up with them losing due to fatigue. :D

Still having some good fun with Play mode, although I am only slowly making progress with crafting cards and stuff, might dip my toes into Arena after watching some more HS streams and after I get an idea about picking. Yesterday I was doing my dailies with my level 12 mage and ran into a rogue with a lot of solid cards (Argent Commander, Protector, Darkiron, etc.). I guess that guy already had a couple of decent decks and just started playing rogue, otherwise I can't explain how I could have been paired up with him.

Btw my ID is squirrel#2806.

Got a new arena record with a mediocre seven wins. I wonder when I'll manage my first twelve?
    On other news LTK hates Heroic Strike and it's all my fault.

Just had my first (semi-free) arena round... 1-3. Had to choose some of my least played classes, Druid (which I chose), Monk, Warrior I believe. Didn't get any solid picks, just one Swipe, had far too few strong low mana cards. Got beaten by both hilariously weak decks and opponents who seemed to have had several Sunwells, Darkirons, Twilight Drakes, etc. . Not a good experience. Similiarly got beaten up in Play mode, I seem to have hit a spot where everyone has their base cards crafted while most I can hope for is a crappy Warlock Weenie rush deck...

Edit: And another shitty run. Mage, got two Flame Strikes, Leeroy AND Ragnaros, to no avail. Only saw Ragnaros once, had no Fireballs, no board control, just fatty creatures that lay dead on the hand. Faced off against Paladins exclusively, all with Argent Commanders, Truesilvers, you name it.
    Last edited by Squiz; 29-12-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Any mumble server admins here?

Was thinking if we should ask for a mumble channel there, could be fun to talk while playing (regardless if in same game or not, maybe ask opinions on arena drafts and curse/pray/thank nuffle).

Quote Originally Posted by Graerth View Post
    Any mumble server admins here?

Was thinking if we should ask for a mumble channel there, could be fun to talk while playing (regardless if in same game or not, maybe ask opinions on arena drafts and curse/pray/thank nuffle).
    You'll need to message Nullkigan, either PM him on the forums or see if he's lurking on mumble and text message him.

In the meantime you can right click on any parent channel and create a temp channel that will persist whilst someone is in it. Try to put it in a relevant parent though.

This could be useful as right now I totally SUCK at this game. I haven't won a game in a week. So there's that...

Yay! Finally made it to Rank 18 in ranked mode, I was struggling to get past rank 19/20 but my Warrior weapon/aggro deck seems to be doing well for me. Warrior is definitely my favourite class so far with the Mage being second.

I only wish that my Arena runs were going as well, my last one ended 1/3 with a paladin and my best one so far was 5 wins so I obviously don't do well with the whole random pick thing yet, I guess practice is all I can really do though, or hope for clueless enemies :P

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That "temp channel" will do nicely for now i guess until we see if any people stick in it i guess?

Had some pretty bad arenas (quite a bit was from too hopeful drafts too so kinda shot myself into foot there). I keep doing ~3-3 or 5-3 so i guess it's ok but still.

I don't want to go constructed yet before i got more of the cards i'd want into my decks =(

lol, lol and lol. My last opponent played three Flamestrikes one round after the other. What are you supposed to do against that?

Network Hub
    I thought the maximum number of flamestrikes you can have in a deck is 2?

Just started playing this over the weekend, I've unlocked 6 of the classes, I think I'll stick with either mage or priest. I like warlocks, but almost all of their cards have a ridiculous downside, be it huge damage to your own minions or losing a random card.

It was in arena though, should have mentioned that. The process of drafting certainly is a big factor in determining how well you'll be doing but sometimes the RNG just bites you in your behind.

Network Hub
    Ah, I've not yet reached the lofty heights of arenas!

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Currently 6-0 in my best arena run so far! Previous best was 5-3. Drafted a pretty powerful shaman deck. Managed to grab quite a lot of forked lightning and similar removal. Those cheap overload spells are a great way to get a lot of work done when it's needed (i.e. when the opponent suddenly plays something big and scary). That, the totems and some buffs has given me almost complete board control almost every game so far. Had one match against a paladin that neither of us managed to finish properly, but then I finally topdecked my bloodlust (which synergizes great with totems that most players don't give a very high target priority).

We shall se how far I can take this.

Aaand, 4-3 for my latest round of arena. Lost my last game to a cleric who didn't even that much of a good deck. I got unlucky with my starting hand though and lost momentum from the fourth turn onwards. Then he controlled my Net Peggle (which in retrospective I shouldn't have play to begin with, he easily got 5 cards out of him) and stalled and stalled until I had no steam anymore. Sad experience, especially since it was my first go with Rogue in the arena and it was quite fun up to that point.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Oh well, it ended at 8-3. Won 160 gold and assorted goodies. Still great progress for me, but the defeats came in short order just after my last post.

Something I've never considered before: Is there matchmaking in arena? It would make sense to match players against others with the same results on their current run, but is this done or are you always fighting random opponents? It felt like the last few guys had significantly better decks than the first bunch.

EDIT: Oh fairies, the pack I got from above run contained both Alexstrasza and a gold questing adventurer. Yum!

Pffft, another 1-3 arena run. I picked Warlock and obviously drafted too many cards that drain my own life and not enough to replenish it. Won my first game convincingly, and the second was a close game but the last 2 opponents just crushed me. Note to self, if you pick Warlock don't forget some kind of heals and more taunt next time!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    There is matchmaking in the arena, you should always face people only a few people off from you in win amount.