Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Embeding text & PS3 controller

    Does anyone know where i can find the most recent driver for a ps3 controller to work it on pc and where I'm supposed to get it, I download one but the post was two years old and didn't tell me where to put it

    Has anyone used Xpadder or Pinnacle Game Profiler does anyone know which one is better,

    How can I embed a body of text inside little text on a presentation, I'm doing a project on what I use my computer for in my IT Class and I want to click on a sentence or word and make it reveal a guide, I'm using a program called prezi btw. anyway I was also thinking of just writing the guide on my blog and just putting the link on my presentation if I can't embed a body of text.

    How can I embed a link into writing using on a forum, to make my posts look fancier?

    Is there away, I can edit the tags on my music quicker, Instead of going through them with Winamp?

  2. #2
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Terra Australis Incognita
    Posts
    4,400
    Whoa, lots of questions. I'll take two of them:

    Does anyone know where i can find the most recent driver for a ps3 controller to work it on pc and where I'm supposed to get it, I download one but the post was two years old and didn't tell me where to put it
    The current method is to get Motionjoy. This installs a custom driver and enables the controller to be used as either a PS3-style controller or to emulate a 360 controller for games that need it. It generally works pretty well and will support a connection over Bluetooth or USB. Simply plugging the controller in will cause it to be recognised but Windows won't let you actually use it as a controller, hence the need for Motionjoy and its custom drivers.

    How can I embed a link into writing using on a forum, to make my posts look fancier?
    Here on RPS? There's a button for that just above the post box. In BBCode it's [url="myurlhere"] with your text following it, then close the tag afterwards.

    I haven't used Xpadder or the Pinnacle app so I can't comment, I don't really understand what you mean by the 3rd question, and I don't bother too much with tags so I can't help there. Sorry!

  3. #3
    Last edited by XAuTomaT1CX; 15-09-2011 at 08:46 AM.

  4. #4
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    445
    At the risk of sounding like a dick: why don't you use google? Learn to find information for yourself, you will get much better results than asking random people on an un-related forum.

  5. #5
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    μ
    Posts
    1,118
    Xpadder is a great app, but I haven't used Pinnacle so I can't compare. For batch editing of music tags you can't beat mp3tag.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistabashi View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a dick: why don't you use google? Learn to find information for yourself, you will get much better results than asking random people on an un-related forum.
    Why don't I?

  7. #7
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Terra Australis Incognita
    Posts
    4,400
    Quote Originally Posted by XAuTomaT1CX View Post
    Why don't I?
    I kind of agree with him, you can find out most of your questions very easily by simply Googling for the answers. It's a skill you absolutely must develop. For example you're unlikely to get many people advising you on xpadder vs the Pinnacle app, you'll probably have to search for that. Also RPS might be a bit more forgiving (maybe?) but on other forums, you'd be eaten alive for failing to search.

    Just friendly advice.
    Last edited by soldant; 15-09-2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: I broke a quote tag

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    I kind of agree with him, you can find out most of your questions very easily by simply Googling for the answers. It's a skill you absolutely must develop. For example you're unlikely to get many people advising you on xpadder vs the Pinnacle app, you'll probably have to search for that. Also RPS might be a bit more forgiving (maybe?) but on other forums, you'd be eaten alive for failing to search.

    Just friendly advice.
    why search for the answers, when they can come to u, I did google and ended up with praises for pinnacle and then when I didn't like it and uninstalled it, it deleted a bunch of my registry files for other programs which I had to reinstall. this is why I ask on forums. there's so many fake reviews online from shady small companies that I can't trust anything and it saves me time. it took you twenty minutes to respond to my questions yesterday, which would have taken me 8+ hours to figure out (slow learner) and now if I see a question like that I can save somebody some time (I stored answers in a doc), I may be lazy, but I'm considerate lazy

  9. #9
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by XAuTomaT1CX View Post
    why search for the answers, when they can come to u
    You're obviously young, so I'll give you this advice: learning to search for information yourself, and learning to determine the reliablity and accuracy of the information you find is an extremely important skill in life. It's essentially what seperates clever people from idiots. Expecting people to spoon-feed you whenever you need help, and accepting what they give you as honest and accurate without consideration is not going to get you far in life ;)

  10. #10
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Terra Australis Incognita
    Posts
    4,400
    Eventually you're going to run into a problem that people aren't going to know the answer to. We can answer your questions easily because we know the answers already. As does 90% of the Internet. I mean your question about the PS3 controller could have been answered by typing "PS3 controller Windows" into Google.

    Also 9 times out of 10 somebody else has had the exact same problem as you and has already posted about it somewhere. If I run into a problem that I can't solve myself, I Google it to find posts on forums that have the same problem. Usually they have a solution or provide some other hints that I can use to solve the problem. "Slow learner" is no excuse, everything's given in procedural form these days. Mistabashi's right, you need to learn to find and process information on your own. Especially in computers, because not everybody is as polite as the good people on RPS.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistabashi View Post
    You're obviously young, so I'll give you this advice: learning to search for information yourself, and learning to determine the reliablity and accuracy of the information you find is an extremely important skill in life. It's essentially what seperates clever people from idiots. Expecting people to spoon-feed you whenever you need help, and accepting what they give you as honest and accurate without consideration is not going to get you far in life ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    Eventually you're going to run into a problem that people aren't going to know the answer to. We can answer your questions easily because we know the answers already. As does 90% of the Internet. I mean your question about the PS3 controller could have been answered by typing "PS3 controller Windows" into Google.

    Also 9 times out of 10 somebody else has had the exact same problem as you and has already posted about it somewhere. If I run into a problem that I can't solve myself, I Google it to find posts on forums that have the same problem. Usually they have a solution or provide some other hints that I can use to solve the problem. "Slow learner" is no excuse, everything's given in procedural form these days. Mistabashi's right, you need to learn to find and process information on your own. Especially in computers, because not everybody is as polite as the good people on RPS.
    lol I'm not making excuses, I don't have to explain myself too you. in tech specifically, If it's not streamlined it's for hard me to understand, so I don't like hunting through articles for stuff that I can get easily explained answers, anyway if I'm going to buy a car or insurance or take on new belief (example, like I belief marijuana should be legal), I will search my ass off before I make an objective opinion or find out which one has the best value, but not for this, I want to play games, not go hunting for info that I can get in 20 minutes from a forum and yes I'm being a mild douche by being inconsiderate of your time, but I just don't have time or patience to spend 12 hours hunting for 21 Questions.
    Last edited by XAuTomaT1CX; 16-09-2011 at 01:56 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •