Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Oh damn, I totally forgot I am in a vacation starting the 17.
    I'll join the next one! :P
    "What can change the nature of man?"
    Visit my development blog: http://www.indigonflash.com

3 open spots left.

The game starts later today. Join now and I'll write a personalized poem in your honor. Or honour, if you like.

Obscure Node
    Got home late tonight, so game is starting shortly! Sorry for the delay everyone!

Obscure Node
    Also, we still have a couple slots open if anyone wants to hop in. You might be a little behind so I wouldn't join after another day or two.

Obscure Node
    Next time, I promise I'll put the bugs down to easy. Was not prepared for normal.

Network Hub
    That last fumble made my day. It's the little things that make playing online against real people so worthwhile.
    PS: Oak, I vote you most devious basterd of Jupiter! I which I could put the buzz canon on auto repeat aimed at what passes for a forehead on a (what I suspect is) a bug-man hybrid :P
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Obscure Node
    Do we want a new game after this one is over? Getting pubbies helped give us a lot of territory to fight over except for the fact none of them stuck around... I am considering taking a break once this is over due to the holidays, so I'd like some input before I decide to renew my subscription.

Also, thoughts on bug difficulty? Aside from some early flailing I haven't had much trouble. Or I just got lucky this game.

Network Hub
    Not for me. I enjoyed it, but I don't like how it can get a little obsessive what with the real time nature (i.e. if I forget to give commands, I'm loosing out). I mean, I actually had to set my alarm clock earlier so I could give my orders before heading into work, and at work I rarely if ever was able to check in and give orders.

But thanks a lot guys. Oak, I hate you :). Shep, making our alliance was one of the highlights. Shop, well played. I do think Shep had a bad starting position with his nests.
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Obscure Node
    Good game everyone :) I was actually nervous Shep was going to start taking over my territory with his massive army which is why I started pushing on Oak even though I really didn't need to.

A couple things I learned from this round:
    1) Multiple copies of double grinder don't stack.
    2) Lucky doesn't add dice, just doubles the result of the roll
    3) Bugs suck

Good game. Good game, good game. It took a while to break the ice, though; they should add some kind of obvious chat bar, a la Neptune's Pride, to get casual conversation going. I like to think the reason I was such a devious prick (sorry, Easy) is that this game is as conducive to being one as NP, but the accompanying trepidation and remorse in that one become sinister glee here. There's an element of comedy and tabletop rivalry in constantly smacking other players with irritating cards. Halving their main force with an orbital cannon is like moving the robber to their most lucrative hex in Settlers of Catan. Or maybe not; I've only played the digital version of that so I'm kind of talking out of my ass here, but you get the idea.

Bugs are a good way to curtail early expansion and add some randomness to the game, but by the end they had, effectively, created a no-man's-land along my north and northeastern borders. I had to allot manpower and cards I needed elsewhere just to keep my remaining mines from being lost.

I'm not sure about a new game. Yet, anyway.