Hybrid View

New Borderlands campaign - once/twice a week?

Hello all - I'm steadily growing fond of Borderlands, especially my boy Brick and his bad-ass badly-phrased Fists of Knuckledusters™. I only recently got the guy to level 15 and realised that a steady team with some decent communication and laid-back attitude would greatly add to the experience. I'm very late to the party on Borderlands, but would like to embrace it with others who might have also recently picked it up and are enjoying that initial buzz. Seems quite polished so far, and the lair fights can get quite exciting.

If you think you're up for a 2x/week foray into this wild world, could I get a bit of interest shown below, please?

DOWNDOWNDOWNDOWN

I'm so pumped for Borderlands 2, and not just because I'm getting it for free from Gearbox for going to their PAX panel. I haven't played for a while and don't know if I have my old Siren, so I may have to make a new character, but either way I'd be down.

That is quite some enthusiasm! Well, even as a coordinated twosome with a couple of heads randomly joining it's a better setup than just 3 randoms. My first experience with 3 randoms was actually amazing, everyone working very well together as we took our time through some lair. Unfortunately since then I've found myself playing with griefers and very quick gun-grabbers out for self-survival which has spoiled the experience a bit, hence the thread.

I've not had great feedback when I tend to host games, but we can try either hosting anyway, what about Sun 4th, 6pm (UK time) for the 1st session? Hopefully by stating a time some others here may be free and want to join too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I *might* be down with this, I'll see what I'm doing at the time. I've got to level 43(/44?) with Mordecai, but I could be tempted to start again with another class to see how they work. I have no idea how the levelling actually works with multiple people mind you.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

With multiple people, the enemies are harder, but you get more XP/better gunz. In the playthrough I'm doing we've managed to significantly overlevel just because we're completing every damn quest. Because loot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I'm in for Borderlands 2, which I'll get for PC. If you can wait that long! ;)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

I'd love to be able to dip in and out if there's a space sometimes
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Sure, why not. If you still need someone, I have a whole bunch of characters.
    to wound the autumnal city.

I think given some recognisable names in this thread the natural place to meet up will be the RPS Steam chatroom, Sun 4th 6pm I'll put the viking horn to my lips there.

Obviously with Borderlands it requires GameSpy, so on GameSpy if you could add me as a friend, the id is 'AyamGanbatte'. I'll try hosting, but again, BT broadband in Canary Wharf is a huge disappointment.

Another hurdle will be voice comms, I've only just realised there's no in-game push-to-talk which might get a bit annoying, but let's see how that pans out.

And as for level discrepancies, I don't know if you could have, say, a level 15, 25, 35 and 45 working together with the game giving an even challenge to all. Doubt it, and I'd hate to feel like I was being power-levelled, so let's say characters of around levels 10-19 to start with.

I was counting on more newcomers who had bought the game in the recent (Steam) sale, but it's encouraging to see more established heads willing to give it another go, it means there is more light past the early levels.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Heh, I DID get it in the sale...I've just been extremely bored. Good lord, 45 hours in a week...that's a full time job!

I was thinking of try Lilith out, so I'll get her to level 15 or so for Sunday and then see about getting involved.