Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar

Awesome Games Done Quick 2014

AGDQ started it's 2014 campaign the other day. For those not familiar, its a bunch of speed runners who meet up in a hotel/function room for a few days and blast through some games as fast as possible while taking donations for the Prevent Cancer Foundation. There's a list of the schedule located on their site at http://gamesdonequick.com/schedule and the whole thing is streamed live on http://www.twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Thanks, just watched some of the Mega Man runs, and here I thought I used to be good at MM2. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    32:56.12 Mega Man 9 run.... wow

Tuned in to the last 5 minutes. Played MegaMan but did not know of the pause cancel exploit. I was only a kid!

I'm not sure if they're doing it this year, but last year at least they did a lot of runs where they would try beat the game and set a world record in speed running.

Last year they did a Ninja Gaiden Pacifist run, which meant no using weapons on anything other than bosses. Guy still beat the game in under 30 minutes.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    My understanding from watching most of yesterday is that they are going for the records, but if they screw up they just keep going and make it a point to show off more fun stuff in the process.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

That's what they did last year. Same format so.

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    Unexpected drama when the fire alarm suddenly went off in the middle of Yoshi's Island. Then a man heroically rescued a cat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Ha ha. A proper fire alarm ALWAYS involves people taking their time and going back in to grab stuff they forgot :p
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.