Dead Synchronicity - a sci/fi classic point and click adventure

Hi there, RPSers!

My name is Luis Olivan, and I'm a producer at Fictiorama Studios, a tiny company located in Madrid, Spain.

We're currently making "Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow comes Today", the first episode of a series of two under the name of "Dead Synchronicity".

Both will be 2D classic point and click adventures with third person narration. To the the classic mechanics of this genre we added what we call "dynamic close-up dialogues" (uninterrupted close-up zooms in interactive dialogue scenes) and “DS-backgrounds” (dynamic backgrounds that undergo the effects of distorted time). A gameplay video is around the corner (we'll keep this post updated!) so you will shortly see both things in action... :)

Here goes some screenshots, so that you can see the art style before telling you about the story...

SOME SCREENSHOTS

THE STORY

A terrible pandemic is turning all of humanity into “dissolveds” – the sick whose deliria provide them with supernatural cognitive powers... but also steer them towards a gruesome death. The “Great Wave,” an inexplicable chain of natural disasters that destroyed all energy sources and communications and plunged the world into a chaos ruthlessly controlled by both the authorities and the army alike, seems to be the root of this illness.

The player will have to help Michael, a man with no past, recover his identity and decode the events that brought the world to the edge of collapse. Because, if he doesn’t hurry, he won’t be able to avoid the impending moment of “dead synchronicity” when Time itself dissolves.

We expect to release "Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow comes Today" for PC mid-late 2014, so still a lot of work ahead, but we're really excited about the project. Mac and iOS versions will be released a bit later.

We're launching a Kickstarter campaign in February / March, so if you like our project, please... spread the word!!! :D

We hope you find it interesting. You can find more info (art, music, the tools we're using... even the games that inspires us!) on our development blog http://blog.deadsynchronicity.com/ and our main twitter account @deadsynchro .

Cheers!

Obscure Node
    I love the art style for this, it looks to me like it will turn out decent. I havn't played anything like this since The secrets of monkey island, although yours looks less puzzle based, more adventure oriented.

If you dont mind me asking, what engine/Language are you using to build this?

Thanks Tjhazmat!

Sure! We're using Unity. After trying several engines specializing in point and click adventures... we decided to go with Unity, mainly because of the great export options to different platforms.

Cheers!

Hi there!

We just uploaded a gameplay video so that you can see "Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow comes Today" in action!

Can't wait to get feedback! :D

And... we hit Kickstarter and Greenlight!

This is the KS pitch video, that includes our trailer:

We released a public alpha demo as well, both for Mac and Windows! Download it at our site!

Dead Synchronicity - Demo

If you are a backer or you spread the word about or campaigns... you'll gain access to the much longer extended demo!!

By the way... the game was featured in the frontpage of RPS!!! John Walker tried our demo... and liked it!!! Read it here!!!

Help us funding our game... so that we turn our adventure into your adventure too!!

Cheers,

Luis

Featured on RPS, Destructoid, VG24/7, Kill Screen!

Wow!!!

Come on mates, we need a little push for our KS campaign! :D

Hi mates! New screenshot published!

We could really use your support, both in Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight!!!

With your help, we can make it! :D

Linux version announced!

Only 5 days left, browse our Kickstarter campaign!!!

With your help, we can make it! :D

This looks great! Keep up the good work!