Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NS2 Hardcore

Server all set up, its under NS2 Hardcore Test Server. Its up all the time, I havent set admin though.

Ive perfected the balance so far, the weapon upgrades may be a bit too much, also the shotgun was waaaaaay too powerful, but I fixed that now.

However, instead of only 10% damage upgrade, its 30%, upto a maximum of 90. That needs to be tested. Ill try and be there tomorrow, but I have to go to bed soon since school is starting again. So I would love it if you guys tested the balance tomorrow, no matter if I have time or not, and give me your thoughts.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Had a great 5v5ish game (it was 5v4 or 4v4 at times) last night, great feedback and good to see the game run well on the newly changed ns2_docking map! (its quite darker in most places)

I have to admit, as a marine commander, I abused the shit out of the powerful sentries, so two things need to be changed there:

sentries need to be made more expensive in supply terms. (theyre currently at 10 or 15, they should be 20, so you can never have more than 10 in one game) and more importantly, you shouldnt be able to build them on infestation.

Exos worked as intended, but I would prefer to have a "light" exo and a "heavy" exo, meaning that if possible, the single minigun/claw variant should have a little bit less armour, maybe move a bit quicker, but should cost as much as a grenade launcher (15-20r) meaning the heavy dual minigun or dual railgun one should be 40r. (yes, Im considering bringing back the dual railgun one)

the onos was deadly and quick, but we didnt get around to testing its survival skills because they didnt have armour on it.

all in all, all working beautimously, we had a great time, BUT! here are some changes which I think would be interesting and would add to the game, just to recap:

Marines:
    soldier kits (medics, heavy, support)
    a handheld scanner (motion sensor like)
    welding doors
    barricades, LMG placement (that has to be manned)
    Tax collectors should be a heavy emplacement: takes long to build, but takes ages to destroy, adding to the slow marine advancement.

Aliens:
    lerk > starting class, but weaker than currently (the lerk upgrade makes it hyperdeadly)
    skulk is good the way it is, however, the armour upgrade will make it considerably slower.
    kamikaze skulks should be able to take out a heavy exo in 3 shots
    gorge should be able to place more hydras (+1) and blockades (+10)
    fade should be completely invisible when upgraded, not even on scanners, except when lit with a flashlight.
    onos, I want the onos to be an end game unit like before, tough, but still customisable.
    Alien buildings:
    I want the infestation to spread faster, but the cyst take longer to build.
    harvesters should be cheap and fast to build but weak.
    I want shades to be cheaper, but cost more supply
    blockades take considerable damage to destroy, I want them to be the dynamic welding of doors for the marines, only for aliens.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 10-01-2014 at 08:00 AM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

for my part, on hold a bit as I have a proper game to develop and finish. (switching to unity from flash, exciting and scary)

however, Fenaer or Pepper could carry on for now, as Ive done as much as I can with just the balancing. (not that its balanced, but for the other stuff, I would need certain features)

the test server will go offline day after tomorrow, I will sub it again when I resume work on the mod.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications