Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I'll be getting Infamous on Friday and I'm going to wait it out on GZ a bit. I really like MGS, but like Gundato I think I'll wait til it hits a lower price point before jumping in.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I went with a last minute collector's edition that amazon had up briefly 3 weeks ago. I could pay $8 to have it on Monday, but I can wait until the end of next week.

Normally I would just have it pre-ordered at GameStop, but as said, it was last minute!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    So close to release. But I was surprised how many people got the game early...

But maybe that just seems like more because everyone can share screens or whatever so easily. So maybe its the same as usual.

I know people who have found copies already and bought though, well just one. He said it was from Target... YMMV thing though I'm sure, forget even what state he is in now... Lol.

I thought I would be playing mgs gz already but Amazon is slow ever since I used up my free trial of prime hahaha.

--------

My copy of GZ is still not here.... sighs. Should have just gone to the store this time! Will be doing so for Infamous.
    Last edited by rockman29; 20-03-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    So Ground Zeroes is pretty great. It's so fluid, the movement of Snake feels great and despite the level not being huge, it feels like they've created plenty to do. There's a lot of things people will want to find out for themselves, so I won't spoil it. I wonder how well the 4th wall stuff will fit in with the serious story though. Not much story content to make a judgement yet, however.

Got Second Son too not far through though. Seems great so far.
    steam: sketch

People are saying the movement in GZ is amazing, that you feel the weight behind all your actions. I saw footage of someone playing and Snake diving to the ground to avoid being shot and he hits it with such force.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I just got GZ so I will see for myself.

Really don't like there is no classic control system though, and only R2 is used as shoot on all control schemes... I hate that.

Just starting the game now though.

Wow, I am seriously amazed with this game, I am so glad I bought it.

Playing it has [I]completely/I] changed my mind on Phantom Pain. I said a lot of things about not being that excited about the game, but this has completely changed that, and PP is now by far and very far my most looked forward to PS4 game! This experience was shockingly perfect or near perfect imo, incredibly cinematic.

Worth every dollar spent on it, no question! Never thought I would like it so much, excellent experience, and so glad I got it right from the get go. Very excited to see the story unfolding now of "Punished Snake."

Incredibly badass the whole way through, gameplay is fantastic (let us change the fucking R2 shoot though), graphics are great, large environment is AMAZING, they have retained much of the aspects that make it Metal Gear (though I miss some things like holding every gun in the inventory/back pack, I will miss that very much).

Just seriously incredible slice of the game, and can't wait to see what happens next for this :):):)

Worth every penny and then some :)

NASA demo:

\
    The official spec sheet of the prototype of Sony’s Project Morpheus virtual reality headset mentions the “processor unit” that we’ve seen in the form of a black box cabled between the PS4 and the headset itself. SCE Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida and Senior Director Richard Marks explained exactly what it does in an interview with the Japanese website 4Gamer.
    The unit contains three separate processors: a Digital Sound Processor (DSP), a Frame Rate Conversion (FRC) unit and a third chip to correct lens distortion.
    The DSP generates the three dimensional sound for the headset. Its presence in the retail version of the headset is not final, as it’s possible to use the internal DSP of the PS4.
    The FRC unit effectively doubles the frame rate by creating an interpolation frame between each frame. Basically it analyzes the correlation between the past frame and the present frame of the rendering and creates the appropriate frame between them, converting 60 frames per second into 120. It’s crucial in reducing the afterimage effect of the LCD panel.
    The third processor is dedicated to correct the distortion caused by passing the image through a magnifying optical system built into the headset. Both this and the FRC unit are not final, and it’s undecided if they’ll make it to the retail unit, as it’s possible to offload their tasks to the GPU of the PS4.
    Yoshida-san also mentioned that the LCD used with Project Morpheus is an especially made panel that isn’t the common vertical scan type, but a horizontal scan type that is much faster at updating horizontally adjacent pixels with a side scrolling image, and can dramatically reduce the afterimage effect of the picture.
    The possibility to use an OLED screen is being examined, but a final decision between the two options for the retail version hasn’t been taken yet.
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/...and-much-more/
    Sony’s Project Morpheus has raised a lot of interest after its unveiling two days ago, and also a lot of rumors. Today a Reddit user going by the name PS4VR posted a large bundle of information citing sources internal to Sony’s development teams that sounds very realistic, but of course should be taken with a rather sizable grain of salt.
    While we don’t have any evidence of the legitimacy of the information provided, it’s definitely interesting, and it’d be hard to fathom why someone would decide to write such a gigantic wall of text if there wasn’t any truth to it. It also seems to match pretty well with most information we have about Morpheus.
    The only part of the post that seems not to work with what we know is the mention of Driveclub, that according to SCE Worldwide Studio Shuhei Yoshida was tested with virtual reality, but it didn’t really work when he tried it. That said, Yoshida-san’s wording could be interpreted in different ways:
    Right now, Evolution Studio is “not working on Morpheus at all,” and is instead putting “all the effort” into finishing the game.

It could easily mean that the VR option could be worked on after release, or by another studio. It’s also very possible that the source of this leak may have outdated information about Driveclub itself.
    Below you can read the full post, and make your own mind on whether it’s legit of not. One thing is for sure: it definitely sounds very interesting, and the way it’s written and worded definitely seems to indicate a deep knowledge of the topics involved.
    Bear with me, I have a lot to share. All I can tell you about my source is that he is the same person who initially leaked months ago that Sony was working on a VR headset and was planning to unveil it at Gamescom last August. He disclosed that information to me well before the PS4 launched.
    Most info at the jump above the quote.

Also: just got my copy of Infamous yay :)

Last edited by rockman29; 23-03-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Indie Devs Confirm Our Suspicions About Working With PlayStation
    GDC was a great chance to catch up with old friends, and new. While I had access to so many developers I wanted to get a better feel of what being an indie, and working closely with PlayStation, was really like. I received the thumbs up from every developer with whom I spoke to, and some of them were even willing to offer quotes on-the-record.

Henrik Fink – Visiontrick Media – Pavilion (Quote was from an interview prior to GDC)

Since we haven’t published the game yet I can’t speak of all aspects but up until now I would say that it has been very easy to work with Sony, can’t say it has been any big hurdles when getting approved as developer or giving us a go on the concept. On top of that they have also helped us in terms of showing the game at some of their press conferences and such. Which we very much appreciate, being a small 2-man operation.
    Yousuf Mapara – Switchblade Monkeys – Secret Ponchos

They’re very supportive partners, not controlling at all. The experience has been refreshing.
    Raj Joshi – 17 Bit – Galak-Z: The Dimensional

They’re awesome partners, it’s been great for us. They’ve been working with us on all of our marketing needs. What they’re doing for indie games is huge.
    As I’d mentioned previously, countless devs other than the three mentioned here praised their experience with SCE. Many developers pointed to Brian Silva and Nick Suttner’s deep love for indie games as being something that made them feel at home with PlayStation.

This is just the tip of our GDC interview iceberg. We’ll be getting more Q&A’s with 17-Bit, Switchblade Monkeys, and Visiontrick Media out asap.
    Evolution, Guerrilla Cambridge, and SCE London hit by layoffs

I forgot to add the context for those who may not understand who those people are:

Shu - SCEWWS president

The other two are one each from Media Molecule (of SCEWWS) and Just Add Water (Oddworld series of games).

Re: they have devkits for PS Morpheus.
    Last edited by rockman29; 26-03-2014 at 03:25 AM.

I really hope that that is actually Shuhei Yoshida and not just some intern pretending to be him.

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I really hope that that is actually Shuhei Yoshida and not just some intern pretending to be him.
    It's actually him.

In other news on PS Morpheus:

Project Cars will officially support PS Morpheus on PS4
    Project CARS… meet Project Morpheus!

Here at Slightly Mad Studios we’re always striving for new ways to immerse the player in the race experience beyond the couch, the controller, and the television.

Therefore, building upon all the techniques and features we’ve pioneered in our previous games to simulate a sensation of speed, distance perception, changing focal points, and physically-accurate cockpit and helmet views, we’re proud to announce today that Project CARS will be supporting Project Morpheus giving players a totally fresh and exhilarating new perspective on what it feels like to sit in the cockpit of a high-performance machine screaming around a beautiful location.

Virtual reality is a perfect fit for racing games since the game world literally comes rushing towards you from the distance and the increased sense of depth and speed that stereoscopic vision affords you makes this incredibly real and tangible. So when you’re racing you get a much better perception of distances and position and you feel far more enveloped by that world rather than just looking through a window at it.

Project Morpheus also allows you to see detail you might have otherwise missed… Via our interior cameras not only can you look around the cockpit and see everything from a first-person perspective, but using head-tracking via the PlayStation®Camera you can also now move around the cockpit too – peer closer at some intricate detail or turn around and look out of the back window.

We think players are going to be blown away by Project Morpheus when they get their hands on it. Project CARS is all about stepping into the shoes of a race driver and taking that ultimate journey towards the hall of fame. Virtual reality and Project Morpheus are going to allow you to experience every start light, every corner, every finish line now through the driver’s eyes like never before.

This is Beyond Reality.

I don't know why, but I love the idea of the President of an arm of Sony uses those stupid emoticon faces and interacts with people like that.

Also I just realized how much I want to know what Media Molecule are doing with VR.

Steam ID

I don't know why, but I love the idea of the President of an arm of Sony uses those stupid emoticon faces and interacts with people like that.

Also I just realized how much I want to know what Media Molecule are doing with VR.
    We can bet it will have a lot to do with sculpting... and if LBP is any indication... something about building small worlds. That is my guess.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

He was streaming Dead Nation PS4 Broadcast+ mode when it was released on PS+. I could see it being him.

I've already said it is him... lol. He posted pictures of his food and of people he meets like him and Kojima on his feed.

Kojima's twitter is also completely him (more obviously so).

In public Shu is one of the friendliest PR guys easily, if not the most. Any video you watch of him, podcast you listen from him, you get the impression of a regular guy who is a gamer from Japan and just loves games.

Anything you see from him, that is simply his personality, he is a great guy from everything I have seen or listened from him.

Any games business would be lucky to have him, and Sony is no exception.
    Last edited by rockman29; 27-03-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    How many hours of advertisement do you watch per day, rockman?

I didn't watch that video, but thanks for asking? I watched this next one though.

How many posts do you have on this forum of PC gaming? Oh, wait, I can read that, didn't need to ask.

But tbh I enjoy how offended and threatened people get here when I show interest in PlayStation. It's cute. Also sad.

I'm just posting stuff I see on other forums I like, generally don't watch any of these videos unless I have time. Some of us just play games on more than one platform. At least some people here can appreciate that.

Last edited by rockman29; 30-03-2014 at 03:39 AM.